Just gonna put this here and go to sleep

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Conspiracy theory:

Lose the 1st game miserably, so when you win convincingly in the 1st game back in LA it looks all that much better. And then you couple that with a Fisher extension while riding high from the excitement of the win, and he looks that much better make such a turn around

Well... it IS Hollywood.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I found this gem in the comments:
7s6qmgx.jpeg

Roflmao%20Dog.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Clayton is very well connected, and he also doesn't put info out without having good sources. So there's a reasonable chance this isn't BS.

But you know what? IT DOESN'T MATTER in the big scheme of things. Stan's team is worth $2.9 billion dollars now. What is $12 million or whatever in that? Nothing to Stan. He is still going to evaluate Fish after the season and determine whether to keep him, and if this season doesn't go well Fisher will be gone.

If Fish wins, I'll be very happy. Still pulling for the dude, and I love the guy as our coach, but for the love of God man it's time to WIN GAMES!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh please, he spends just enough money in the transfer windows to fight for fourth place and rake in the UCL money. Arsenal should be fighting for league champs every year, but he won't spend.

As for the Rapids, I'll admit they've had a remarkable turn around this year. But the Avalanche have been scraping since he took over.

Kroenke is all about status quo with his teams. But even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
Was this quote for me? I didn't mention Kroenke at all in that Quote.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This coaching debacle is much more worse than that movie. And I gotta live through it.
No way. M.Night Shyamalan is not even competitive anymore. His brilliant early work went straight the fuck down into an abyss of trash.

At least Fisher is good for 7 wins no matter what the schedule throws at him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on man, that's not true. Do you really believe that?
I have no problem with stating that this team is playoff caliber defensively and special teams-wise. Offensively there are pieces in place including a talented QB who hasn't played a single down of NFL football yet. There's just no NFL-caliber scheme worthy of discussion in place. It's a competitive team right now. IMO that may be the ceiling under Fisher.

Long point short, this is an attractive roster IF there was to be a change at HC.

The 2007-2011 aftermath was a dumpster fire.

That was the worst game I have seen, which includes the Linehan and Spags era. I watched every stinking minute of it, and it was a horror show for me, cause I just saw our team's playoff dream die in the very first game of the season. The 49ers are not that good, and they shut us down and humiliated us. Our Dline rarely got to the QB, and I don't even know if we got a single sack...Sure, coach is the biggest part of the fail, but that defense got shredded two games in row (last year and this game) by Blaine freaking Gabbert. I think the Oline will improve, Gurley, and Donald are the best parts of this team. Other teams will watch this tape, and do similar things, because we had no answers to it.

How do you explain a playoff level defense getting killed by the niners? I got nothing to explain it, because it seemed like our vaunted Dline put no pressure on Gabbert, and Gabbert picked us apart. It feels like a dumpsterfire to me, and I take no pleasure saying it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah, for me it does.

We are an blazing dumpster fire right now, and a Fisher extension would be like pouring gasolline on it in trying to quench it. I am coming to grips after the depression of the last day or two, that this is a lost year...again. We are fighting for the #33 pick in the draft next year, because we don't have a 1st rounder anymore. We have a potential franchise QB that can't remember plays and is having trouble managing the huddle, per that tweet (can't remember his name). We were just destroyed by the most hated team in my life, and I have to endure these mutherf#$%^^@$'s all year now.

The only positive would be if they somehow get Goff ready, and that after Fisher is fired, we get some hot college offensive minded HC that can take us into the 21st century.
The point is, that a coach can be fired at any time. The remaining years on his contract rarely determines the outcome. Many coaches have been fired on the first year of their contract.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
That was the worst game I have seen, which includes the Linehan and Spags era. I watched every stinking minute of it, and it was a horror show for me, cause I just saw our team's playoff dream die in the very first game of the season. The 49ers are not that good, and they shut us down and humiliated us. Our Dline rarely got to the QB, and I don't even know if we got a single sack...Sure, coach is the biggest part of the fail, but that defense got shredded two games in row (last year and this game) by Blaine freaking Gabbert. I think the Oline will improve, Gurley, and Donald are the best parts of this team. Other teams will watch this tape, and do similar things, because we had no answers to it.

How do you explain a playoff level defense getting killed by the niners? I got nothing to explain it, because it seemed like our vaunted Dline put no pressure on Gabbert, and Gabbert picked us apart. It feels like a dumpsterfire to me, and I take no pleasure saying it.

The Linehan/Spags era was a black hole of nothingness. These coaches were trying to fill a void, and failed miserably. We have not seeing anything positive so far in this decade. Now looks like Fisher may be trying to fill a void. Does George Seifert still coach?..

Bruce2980

Starter
Come on man, that's not true. Do you really believe that?
I have no problem with stating that this team is playoff caliber defensively and special teams-wise. Offensively there are pieces in place including a talented QB who hasn't played a single down of NFL football yet. There's just no NFL-caliber scheme worthy of discussion in place. It's a competitive team right now. IMO that may be the ceiling under Fisher.

Long point short, this is an attractive roster IF there was to be a change at HC.

The 2007-2011 aftermath was a dumpster fire.
I think that the most objectionable point about this team is not the players but it is the piss poor game planning that takes place. The 49ers knew every time the Rams were going to run the ball, by formation, and whom Gurley was going to follow, by motion. The Rams ran the ball just about every time they were in 21 or 22 personnel. Gurley followed the lead blocker to the hole every time. Every time the FB was in it was a run following the FB. All the 9ers had to do was follow the backfield motion and attack the hole. I could do that. "Nothing the Rams were doing from a schematic standpoint forced the 49ers to think. When defenders don’t have to think, they act and they make plays." The passing game was just as predictable to anyone that watched the turf time show. GW wasn't doing much better in his game planning either.
Anyone commenting on the Rams game plan both offense and defense thought it was laughable, even #8 could barley contain his laughter on MNF. Can Fisher build a team? Yes. Can Fisher coach and hire coaches that can come up with a non telegraphing game plan? The only way the Rams win is if they completely dominate their opponents and don't make mistakes. For that to happen in the NFL consistently is near impossible. Even the GSOT looked for miss matches, Fisher and GW created mismatches all night in favor of the 49ers. That's stupid. Watch Mark Barron attack the hole and watch him get blown up by the lead blocker TE blind siding him. Physical mismatch. And Joyner playing the strong side line backer on a running play, that's like putting a dime defense in against a 21 or 22 set. Mismatch. I don't see Joyner successfully taking on a 300 + pound lineman and then taking down the running back on the same play, not going to happen. Hopefully the Rams players can dominate physically on every play and on every player for the rest of the season.
And I didn't even mention that the QB that was running scared all night from the first play on, and all but admitted it himself in his interview today; well let me just say, he's the wrong guy for the job.
Here is my favorite Fisher quote of the day; "We thought we had a good game plan coming in, the players just didn't execute." While some of that is true, I like how 100% of the blame was placed squarely on his resilient players.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

All true bro, but i've seen this before under Fisher. Slow starts, especially vs inferior opponents.
My point is that this team(like before) will pull it together and put together another 7-9 season.

The defense will dominate at times, they'll be stingy in giving up points, the special teams will be special and make plays. The offense will be unable to support the other two phases. Rinse and repeat.

I disagree that Fisher's Rams are a dumpster fire. They are a competitive .500 team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think that the most objectionable point about this team is not the players but it is the pee pee poor game planning that takes place. The 49ers knew every time the Rams were going to run the ball, by formation, and whom Gurley was going to follow, by motion. The Rams ran the ball just about every time they were in 21 or 22 personnel. Gurley followed the lead blocker to the hole every time. Every time the FB was in it was a run following the FB. All the 9ers had to do was follow the backfield motion and attack the hole. I could do that. "Nothing the Rams were doing from a schematic standpoint forced the 49ers to think. When defenders don’t have to think, they act and they make plays." The passing game was just as predictable to anyone that watched the turf time show. GW wasn't doing much better in his game planning either.
Anyone commenting on the Rams game plan both offense and defense thought it was laughable, even #8 could barley contain his laughter on MNF. Can Fisher build a team? Yes. Can Fisher coach and hire coaches that can come up with a non telegraphing game plan? The only way the Rams win is if they completely dominate their opponents and don't make mistakes. For that to happen in the NFL consistently is near impossible. Even the GSOT looked for miss matches, Fisher and GW created mismatches all night in favor of the 49ers. That's stupid. Watch Mark Barron attack the hole and watch him get blown up by the lead blocker TE blind siding him. Physical mismatch. And Joyner playing the strong side line backer on a running play, that's like putting a dime defense in against a 21 or 22 set. Mismatch. I don't see Joyner successfully taking on a 300 + pound lineman and then taking down the running back on the same play, not going to happen. Hopefully the Rams players can dominate physically on every play and on every player for the rest of the season. But here is my favorite Fisher quote of the day; "We thought we had a good game plan coming in, the players just didn't execute." While some of that is true, I like how 100% of the blame was placed squarely on his resilient players.
I agree with you if your gigantic block of text says that preparation is the single biggest problem under Fisher.
:)

Bruce2980

Starter
I agree with you if your gigantic block of text says that preparation is the single biggest problem under Fisher.
:)
No, it is that a blind monkey could see everything that the Rams were going to do before they did it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
But the Avalanche have been scraping since he took over.

Fun fact about the Aves.... They won a cup in 1995 when they relocated to Colorado. Then after ownership issues, Kroenke bought the team in 2000 along with the Pepsi Center and the Nuggets.

Aves went on to have their greatest season in franchise history and win their second cup. The next two years they set the record for most consecutive division championships.

The the NHL locked out and lost a year. When they returned they implemented a salary cap and the Aves had to trade away their best players to make it under the cap. This was 10 years ago, they never recovered. They've gone up and down but haven't been able to recover. Not for lack of money or ownership but because GM and coaching. It's hard to find the right guy, teams don't give them up when they find them. They may have found it in Jared Bednar.

So no, the Aves didn't just plummet when Stan took over, their nose dive hit when they had to sell all their star players to get under the new salary cap. It had literally nothing to do with Stan.

Who's name do you see first here?
StanleyCupAvs2000-01Engraved.jpg

E. Stanley Kroenke

As for the Nuggets, well they've never been a powerhouse team. When Kroenke took over they were in the middle of an 8 year hiatus from the playoffs. Two years later they went 10 years in a row, including their best finish, losing to the Lakers in the conference champion in 2008. They're back to sucking again, but that largely as to do with the NBA liking super teams.

There's really not much to suggest Kroenke doesn't want to win or that all his team's tank. They may not be powerhouses now, but they're not all bottom feeders.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No, it is that a blind monkey could see everything that the Rams were going to do before they did it.
The Rams were prepared only for what they were going to do instead of preparing to exploit San Francisco?
I agree with you.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Talking major US sports.....the MLS isn't even a blip on the radar in this country.

Regardless, he's been one of the worst owners in NFL and extending Fisher would just cement that fact. 36-59 since he took ownership is awful.

Oh sure I guess when you want to ignore facts and set your own criteria. Nobody is going to call him a great or hall of fame owner. But to outright claim his teams all tank when he becomes owner and turn into garbage is just ignorant and it's an agenda fueled comment.

Oh please, he spends just enough money in the transfer windows to fight for fourth place and rake in the UCL money. Arsenal should be fighting for league champs every year, but he won't spend.

As for the Rapids, I'll admit they've had a remarkable turn around this year. But the Avalanche have been scraping since he took over.

Kroenke is all about status quo with his teams. But even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Sorry him and the club spending so much doesn't satisfy your arm chair Manager opinion. It's funny though because if you go around to other fan bases I'd wager 90% or more all claim their owner doesn't do enough to win.