Just Crazy, This Coach Firing Stat!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Just in the last 15 weeks mind you, 15 of 32 teams have fired their coach. That is damn near 50% of the league....IN ONE YEAR!

For those of you who want Fisher gone, and I've heard and read this craizness too, THE surest way to keep the losing going is to be in constant flux.

Thankfully Stan, I believe, understands this and knows hes got the right man in charge.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
(For those who may not have hear, the Titans just fired Munchak making him #15)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

no way 15 head coaches have been fired.

that must include coordinators as well.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yeah, no where near 15 head coaches have been fired. I'm counting 7...Tenn, Wash, Det, Houston, TB, Cleve, and Minn.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Yup, it's only 7 HCs fired. And that's the average amount. Approx 20% turnover.

Most HC get no more than 3 years. Actually, it's been eons since a HC got more than 3 years. Fisher will be the first in a very long time if he doesn't have a big year this year.

jap

Legend
(For those who may not have hear, the Titans just fired Munchak making him #15)

He would make a good OL coach. Thankfully, we already have Professor Emeritus Coach Bou. Wouldn't it sweet to see The Fisher King throw Coach Bou a 1st round bone for once in a while this draft? :woot:We have seen him upgrade marginal players---imagine what he could do with a blue chipper?

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watkins 1A, Robinson 1B and print the playoff tickets!

Alan

Legend
RFIP looking at one side of the coin:
THE surest way to keep the losing going is to be in constant flux.
Which of our last three coaches should we have kept for reasons of continuity?

Alan

Legend
HE WITH HORNS with a shocker:
Mike Martz, haha. He did pretty well, but Fisher is the guy for now, and we need to keep him around for awhile.

Yeah, I was a Martz supporter too. Of course we'd have to keep him far far away from the draft. :lol:

jap

Legend
Mike Martz, haha. He did pretty well, but Fisher is the guy for now, and we need to keep him around for awhile.

Mike needed serious help. He needed a dedicated GM and other top personnel professionals. That would have prevented freaky draft choices like Trung Canidate. :oops: Dickie V retired too soon, probably under pressure from the evil administrators.

V3

Hall of Fame
Wade Phillips was just fired as well. Not a head coach but a well known DC.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Just in the last 15 weeks mind you, 15 of 32 teams have fired their coach. That is damn near 50% of the league....IN ONE YEAR!

For those of you who want Fisher gone, and I've heard and read this craizness too, THE surest way to keep the losing going is to be in constant flux.

Thankfully Stan, I believe, understands this and knows hes got the right man in charge.
Perhaps you mean months?

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
I think the Browns firing their coach was crazy! He would have done a lot with that team after 2-3 years.. Firing coaches isn't going to make a bad team better