Just Crazy Man: Tavon Highlights from Highschool

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Haven't seen these before. Sorry in advance if already posted.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBjUKd0lOEE[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's like he's playing a different sport than everyone else.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dude just toys with people. Granted it won't be like this in the NFL but OMFG is he just naturally fast, shifty, elusive, quick, did I mention fast? Just can't wait to see him in horns. Seriously excited about him. I have a serious boner after watching that. :what: Over share? :shock:

jap

Legend
When "Papa Bear" George Halas' wife saw rookie Gale Sayers score on a long TD run, she exclaimed, "He got there so quickly!"

I saw plenty of film on Gale. I may even have watch him play, although I was probably too young to realize who I was watching at the time. I have had my fill of Barry Sanders and our own Marshall Faulk. This young kid, Tavon, may be a WR, but at least thus far he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as these high school/collegiate/NFL greats. All Rams fans need to buckle their seat belts; we are all in for a wild ride with this young thoroughbred. :cool:

WvuIN02

Starter
That vid shows why he holds the rushing record all time in state of Maryland high school football history.

Best vision I have ever seen, and that's what makes him different as a wr. He has the vision of an elite rb at the wide receiver position but also has everything you want out of a wr other than size which he cant help. I mean, look at the Oklahoma tape.

He did the same things to OU he did in this vid against high school kids. He is on a different plane than anyone I have ever watched. I honestly think down the road, people are going to be looking back and talking about once in a generation talents.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
WvuIN02 said:
I honestly think down the road, people are going to be looking back and talking about once in a generation talents.

And if that happens... Buffalo better hope EJ Manual and Kiko Alonso amount to something.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jap said:
When "Papa Bear" George Halas' wife saw rookie Gale Sayers score on a long TD run, she exclaimed, "He got there so quickly!"

I saw plenty of film on Gale. I may even have watch him play, although I was probably too young to realize who I was watching at the time. I have had my fill of Barry Sanders and our own Marshall Faulk. This young kid, Tavon, may be a WR, but at least thus far he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as these high school/collegiate/NFL greats. All Rams fans need to buckle their seat belts; we are all in for a wild ride with this young thoroughbred. :cool:

I think that's what makes Austin different from most draft picks.

Tavon has unique skills that jump out. That kind of quickness and change of direction you don't see very often. It's the rarest of diamonds.

Will he have a successful career? I guess we'll find out... but I'd say the odds (based on that jaw dropping skill set) is a resounding YES.

That's why I like the gamble the Rams took. He has the potential to be one of a kind.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
He played at Dunbar, which is 40 mins from where I live. I think he won 2 MD player of the years in HS..... if I recall correctly. I remember when he declared he was going to WV. That at was a heck of a recruiting class.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamShack said:
this guy has elite speed,acceleration,ball carrying vision,athleticism
NOBODY has better ball carrying vision than the Jesus.

jesus.jpg

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I guess this answers why he never got hurt in H.S. He never got touched! Just amazing. I love when he slows down to toy with these kids so they can catch up and then goes into another gear. Just so fast. Man I just can't wait to see him play in the dome. Gonna be fun guys :bign:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Faceplant said:
He played at Dunbar, which is 40 mins from where I live. I think he won 2 MD player of the years in HS..... if I recall correctly. I remember when he declared he was going to WV. That at was a heck of a recruiting class.

Are you near Federal Hill ? That's where my little Brother lives.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
BTW... I think I'm more excited than all of you about Austin. Well, except for Stu that is.

Gonna be fun to watch. Unbelievable wheels.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Selassie I said:
Faceplant said:

Are you near Federal Hill ? That's where my little Brother lives.

I am in Frederick...about 40 miles from there as well. Cool bars in fed hill.