Just a Thought on the Pass Catchers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
For some inspiration, if you are inquiring, check this out, right around the one minute mark against the Chargers:

Watch how Jackson reels the DB into thinking he's running stride for stride with him, than at that last second changes gears to grab the ball uncontested.

I think Tavon can do that.

Will they ask him to? I'm not certain, but I think it makes sense to try, given his ability.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
[/QUOTE="PrometheusFaulk, post: 348964, member: 741"]Maybe, maybe not.

But I don't think they drafted him number 8 overall to run screens and situationally take handoffs out of the backfield exclusively.

I think there's a bigger plan in place for Tavon. We'll see if I'm right, and more importantly, if so that the plan can be executed.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking there's a bigger place for him too, just not sure it's in that role. And he certainly can do more than bubble screens. I'm talking about far more than that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
[/QUOTE="PrometheusFaulk, post: 348964, member: 741"]Maybe, maybe not.

But I don't think they drafted him number 8 overall to run screens and situationally take handoffs out of the backfield exclusively.

I think there's a bigger plan in place for Tavon. We'll see if I'm right, and more importantly, if so that the plan can be executed.
I'm thinking there's a bigger place for him too, just not sure it's in that role. And he certainly can do more than bubble screens. I'm talking about far more than that.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading he caught 60%-75% of his passes his senior year in a 10-15 yard range of the LOS....Leads me to believe that his role as a slot wr will be similar, until he gets experience running routes...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm thinking there's a bigger place for him too, just not sure it's in that role. And he certainly can do more than bubble screens. I'm talking about far more than that.

I remember reading he caught 60%-75% of his passes his senior year in a 10-15 yard range of the LOS....Leads me to believe that his role as a slot wr will be similar, until he gets experience running routes...[/QUOTE]

That's why I don't have much confidence in him as a true#1. I believe he can be more than last year, though. I just don't think he's the type of player to fight with Sherman for 4 quarters.