Just a thought about being the "youngest team" again...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Isn't that a number derived from the sum of the ages of the 53 divided by 53?

Wouldn't the average age of the STARTERS be more meaningful for comparison purposes?

I think so.

I'm far too lazy to do the research, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if that "starter average" might be significantly higher.

The OL age was reduced by new starters Hav, JB, and Barnes. But all others are a year older.

And on D, other than Akeem being slightly younger than Dunbar, everyone is a year older.

What do y'all think?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think it's about the same deal tbh. Most teams have young depth due to being able to be productive on special teams. There are guys who are long in the tooth that are career teamers who keep their roster spots for that reason but most of them also have upside to potentially be starters or see the field for offense/defense at some point.

So IMO while their defense is not glaringly young any more their offense is so I would guess they're still a very, very young team regardless of how you look at it. Probably top ten from that perspective? I don't know since like you I'm not gonna look it up lol, too much work.

ohiorams

Rookie
It's not worth milling over. It's an average number. Plenty of Veterans at various positions

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
The age of a lot of our guys is young, but a good chunk of these guys are in their third or fourth year as starters. Our window is opening, I hope we seize the opportunity. Sunday is going to be a good indicator of what kind of year this will be. If we are a serious playoff contender we find a way to beat a Seahawks team, at home, that is missing two of their top players in their secondary. This is a winnable game.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
The age of a lot of our guys is young, but a good chunk of these guys are in their third or fourth year as starters. Our window is opening, I hope we seize the opportunity. Sunday is going to be a good indicator of what kind of year this will be. If we are a serious playoff contender we find a way to beat a Seahawks team, at home, that is missing two of their top players in their secondary. This is a winnable game.
Agree 100% it's time for all this young talent we have to make their mark.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't really think age means much, as compared to the years of actual playing time...the more actual snaps played, I'd guess, the least amount of mistakes...Execution should improve the more these guys actually play NFL games.....

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I don't really think age means much, as compared to the years of actual playing time...the more actual snaps played, I'd guess, the least amount of mistakes...Execution should improve the more these guys actually play NFL games.....

Let's not forget continuity within our defense. This will be the first time under Jeff Fisher's tenure where the defensive coordinator is retained. Hopefully the offense won't be lost under Cignetti's command.