Just a few general random thoughts...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
My only concern is whether the coaching staff is up to snuff on offense and capable of tying it all together.
Totally agree! I was disappointed seeing Groh's comments specifically referring to his background with the west coast offense. Too often it seems that Fisher fancies himself the modern day Marty Schottenheimer -- a terrible notion since Martyball wasn't even modern in its own day. I've never been a fan of pairing short passing with power running -- I just think it's too big of clash of philosophies that prevents a cohesive identity, waffling between finesse and power. So my #1 concern for this season matches yours, it's the coaching staff. I'm hoping the Rams stamp an identity on their offense because there's enough talent now to make an identity succeed.

Defense needs to step the F up right out the gate and carry this team
Again ditto! I understand the "fatigued because the offense sucks" excuse for the defense last year, but no more. Zero tolerance for clunkers like the Bears hanging almost 40 on this defense at home. The defense knows there's a rookie QB that will struggle at times and they need to shut teams out when the offense needs them to carry the day.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Again ditto! I understand the "fatigued because the offense sucks" excuse for the defense last year, but no more. Zero tolerance for clunkers like the Bears hanging almost 40 on this defense at home. The defense knows there's a rookie QB that will struggle at times and they need to shut teams out when the offense needs them to carry the day.

No doubt. And the good thing is the defense will get Quinn back, which is going to be huge against the passing offenses. Him and Donald both being healthy and playing lights out is going to be more than most offenses can handle. But they also get Ogletree back, and before he went down this defense was lights out last season. Lastly, they also get back Gaines, who was their best CB in 2014.

Not many defenses could have handled the loss of their starting blindside DE, OLB, and CB and still managed to finish 13th in points allowed with that sorry @$$ offense. So yeah, I have enormously high expectations for this defense and really hope they play the way I think they can this season.