JuJu Smith-Schuster says Cowboys and Rams have shown the most interest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The NFL Combine for WR, TE's, and Qb's just started on NFLN. 10:00 A.M. Pacific. See for yourself.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Well let me be a little more specific @Rams43. I mentioned 4th round WR because some good ones with long ball skill sets are rated in the general 4th round area. If one of those WR's happens to slide down to the 5th that the Rams have a strong 4th round grade on, they might surprise and draft a second WR.

I didn't mean that it had to be a 4th round selection.

Now mind you, it would be just like Snead to trade down from #37 to say 45 - 47 and pick up another 4th round selection. Add another possibility that they could trade their 5th round #149, 6th's #189, 206 and move back up into the 4th round if they have a player that they're surprised is sliding.

If this draft is so deep like some are saying, the Rams and Trader Les could get creative and end up with extra 4th round selections.

"EXAMPLE."

Second Round pick # 46 (trade down with Colts)
Third Round pick__ # 69
Fourth Round pick # 112
Fourth Round pick # 121 (from Colts via trade)
Fourth Round pick # 138 (trade up with Bengals- they get Rams #149, #189,#206)
Fourth Round pick # 141
Seventh Round pick # 234

That would give them 6 selections in the top 141 picks and this is something I hope they end up doing.

I believe that this would be the a good strategy to take because in this particular Deep Draft The 4th Round could have several gems that fit the Rams needs.

I'm just not a big fan of 5th, 6th and 7th round selections in any draft especially this one if it's as deep as some say.

cropped-SmartTrading-Smallwithwhiteborder-3.jpg

I like and appreciate your nuanced strategy there, Florida. Very clever.

Remind me not to play poker or chess with you anytime soon, okay? Lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
JU JU's real effective in the middle of the field. Comes up with the ball in traffic.

Probably not going to be there at 37.

I haven't seen anything that makes me believe that JuJu goes in round 1. Day 2 pick. That means 2nd or 3rd round. My guess is mid second.

We will have a good wr prospect fall to us.
JJuju, Godwin or Kupp would be fine by me.
If we could somehow snag Davis, I would cry tears of joy.

I definitely don't want a TE at 37. I don't want to see a TE until rnd 4 at the earliest. They just take WAY too long to develop.

I disagree with the TE part. Good TEs produce right away.

If you already have a QB, you pick BPA regardless of positions or needs. When you start reaching for a need over talent, you end up with less talent. We NEED defense, but if the Cowboys have an offensive player rated the highest when we pick, that's who they'll go with.

We didn't *need* Ezekiel Elliott. McFadden had over 1,000 yards the year before. He was the BPA (according to our board), so he was the pick. Look how well that turned out.

It's always BPA at a position of need. Every round. Its just that in round 1 the group of players that are considered BPA is smaller. But the pick still fits a need, be it present of future. By round 2 they could have 10-20 players all rated very similarly. They pick the one that meets the biggest need.

Do I know for sure you're a WR Technical savaant? No... so I'll leave you to your hardened personal opinion of selecting Kupp with our first pick. No one absolutely knows for sure that College Player A is better than College Player B at the next level... but somehow you said "Kupp is better", like it's fact rather than personal opinion...

Also, when you speak you speak for yourself... not "us" (everyone). That's generally how a forum community works. The tone of that sentence sounds demeaning (just like "If you want to know the technical ins and outs of the WR position...") ... Can't I just have a personal opinion Jrry without wasting time on a message board defending my stance to the ends of the earth?

I like JuJu more... So do a lot of fans on here and TST. Nothing more needs to be said. It's personal opinion and I personally like JuJu more based off the research that I have done over the past couple of months.

I like Kupp more. So, Jrry speaks for me too. If you don't have the reasoning to back up your pick then that is fine. Don't get angry with Jrry. He does exhaustive research every year on draft prospects. That doesn't mean he is always right but he can back up his opinion much better than the 'I like' group.

I've never understood how other players from the same school could have any effect on someone else's potential/production.

Lynn Swann, Curtis Conway, Johnnie Morton, Keyshawn Johnson, Steve Smith,

Woods, Lee, and Algholor are all in the league

I think in recent years the Trojans have been a bit overrated. When teams are loaded at a position, or on an entire unit it can disguise talent as being better than it actually is. One example is Trent Richardson and some of the Olinemen blocking for him in college. It almost seemed as if Trent and his entire Oline could start for an NFL team. They just had so much more physical talent than everyone else that it made each other's job even that much easier. In 2016 USC had 3, maybe 4, receivers that are all as good as many teams best receiver. In college the talent is thinned out. Not many college defenses can cover a team with 3-4 top receivers. The result is each of them gets a good share of easy coverage. If JuJu was the only good receiver on USC then he would have had a much tougher job going against other teams best corner, and he would not look as good.

Does that mean he wont be good? No. But just like Bama Olinemen, I tend to temper my excitement for some of these Big school prospects. It is easier to evaluate a guy that had to do it all on his own. Kupp's success against the top Pac teams is a great reason to like him over JuJu. Heck JuJu wasn't even the most productive receiver in the Rose Bowl. He had Darnold throwing to him and PSU had no pass rush against that very good USC Oline. Yet Godwin, playing against a much better defense littered with NFL prospects had the best day of all the receivers on the field.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Teams often draft regionally when it comes to a close comparison. I think it is simply because they get more familiar with the players that they have seen the most in their region. Because of that tendency I think the Rams will be leaning towards picking JuJu. Plus he is more of the possession receiver that Garcon was for McVey. I don't buy that Robert Woods is their long term solution. He is a stop gap because it takes receivers so long to start having an impact in the NFL.

I would much rather have Kupp or Godwin, myself but it is what it is. I just hope Kupp doesn't make it to any of the other NFC West teams on day 2.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I like Kupp more. So, Jrry speaks for me too. If you don't have the reasoning to back up your pick then that is fine. Don't get angry with Jrry. He does exhaustive research every year on draft prospects. That doesn't mean he is always right but he can back up his opinion much better than the 'I like' group.

Who said I couldn't back up my opinion with facts? I believe I said "I don't want to go into a long winded breakdown of both players" so I resorted to just saying "I like him" ... for a multitude of reasons.

People can just say "I like" a player over another player and have the intelligence to actually have an exhausted breakdown in their head as to why, based off of research, stats, facts, and personal feelings, their pick is the best.

It's pointless because EVERYONE thinks they're right.

A lot of misconstruing and words being said that weren't.

Thanks Elmgrove, I'm glad someone speaks for you....

I still like JuJu more ;-)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Who said I couldn't back up my opinion with facts? I believe I said "I don't want to go into a long winded breakdown of both players" so I resorted to just saying "I like him" ... for a multitude of reasons.

People can just say "I like" a player over another player and have the intelligence to actually have an exhausted breakdown in their head as to why, based off of research, stats, facts, and personal feelings, their pick is the best.

It's pointless because EVERYONE thinks they're right.

A lot of misconstruing and words being said that weren't.

Thanks Elmgrove, I'm glad someone speaks for you....

I still like JuJu more ;-)

I have young kids and have to budget my time. I can't watch as much football as I used to. Plus I don't stay up late watching football, unless it is my alma mater. I watch mostly Big Ten games. I rarely see any PAC teams play. Being on the East coast. I have only seen USC play once in the last two years. I would have been happy to read a long winded breakdown of JuJu, especially since it seems the Rams really like him.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
He was never going to be their lead back that's just silly.
They needed an RB and in today's day and age, any RB drafted in top 10 is over drafted...
They draft just like anyone else. BPA based on team needs.
If Leonard Fournette, Mitch Trubisky or whoever the top OG/OT is on the board, will not be drafted by the Cwboys even if they are ranked higher as a prospect

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Do any of those guys(Kupp, Smith-Schuster) fit our scheme? McVay likes small fast guys who run good routes. Even his TEs are smaller. I think if we get a WR early, it's going to be John Ross. He would be a stud in our system.

FWIW Skins drafted 6'3 Josh Doctson last year and signed Pryor in FA. Both bigger WRs.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not opposed to drafting a deep threat on Day 3. I just don't see it as a necessity. But that's not a big deal. It's a small difference of opinion. (y)
No worries. We aren't that far apart on our stances. I have a lot of respect for your opinion as well. Looks like we'll both be happy if the Rams draft one of our WRs.

@jrry32 WE GOT THEM BOTH Brother :grouphug:

600x360-AP_765526302609.jpg

6_3889509.jpg

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Kupp is obviously the better player, since my dog's name is Cooper.
(And it's bad ju-ju to disagree with me).