JuJu Smith-Schuster says Cowboys and Rams have shown the most interest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please, let someone pick Kupp before JuJu. LOL.

Please let that someone be us. Cooper Kupp produced more receiving TDs in his four career games against the Pac-12 (11 TDs) than Juju Smith did in any of his single seasons (10 TDs was his best).

I like Juju, but Kupp is better. If you want to learn the technical ins and outs of the WR position, turn on Cooper Kupp's film.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd say I was anxious for the draft but part of me isn't. After the draft we get months and months of people complaining we didn't take their guy and the team will be bad because of it :)

Oh well typical Rams off season haha

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Please let that someone be us. Cooper Kupp produced more receiving TDs in his four career games against the Pac-12 (11 TDs) than Juju Smith did in any of his single seasons (10 TDs was his best).

I like Juju, but Kupp is better. If you want to learn the technical ins and outs of the WR position, turn on Cooper Kupp's film.

I already know the technical ins and outs of the WR position and I like JuJu better.

No one knows for sure who's going to be BETTER than anyone else until they have a season or two of NFL Football under their belt.

Personal opinions.

JuJu > Godwin > Zay > Kupp

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I already know the technical ins and outs of the WR position and I like JuJu better.

No one knows for sure who's going to be BETTER than anyone else until they have a season or two of NFL Football under their belt.

Personal opinions.

JuJu > Godwin > Zay > Kupp

Maybe you do; maybe you don't. I don't know. You're welcome to like Juju better. Can you give us a breakdown of both guys and explain why? That might help us (or at least me) understand it.

Kupp > Zay > Godwin > Juju

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Maybe you do; maybe you don't. I don't know. You're welcome to like Juju better. Can you give us a breakdown of both guys and explain why? That might help us (or at least me) understand it.

Kupp > Zay > Godwin > Juju

Do I know for sure you're a WR Technical savaant? No... so I'll leave you to your hardened personal opinion of selecting Kupp with our first pick. No one absolutely knows for sure that College Player A is better than College Player B at the next level... but somehow you said "Kupp is better", like it's fact rather than personal opinion...

Also, when you speak you speak for yourself... not "us" (everyone). That's generally how a forum community works. The tone of that sentence sounds demeaning (just like "If you want to know the technical ins and outs of the WR position...") ... Can't I just have a personal opinion Jrry without wasting time on a message board defending my stance to the ends of the earth?

I like JuJu more... So do a lot of fans on here and TST. Nothing more needs to be said. It's personal opinion and I personally like JuJu more based off the research that I have done over the past couple of months.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm a Godwin guy myself. Like his all around game and especially like his 4.4ish speed. Would like any of Kupp, Zay or Godwin in the 2nd though.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I'm a Godwin guy myself. Like his all around game and especially like his 4.4ish speed. Would like any of Kupp, Zay or Godwin in the 2nd though.

Agreed on Godwin. I feel as though he's constantly being slept on. He is a 2nd round talent that, in my opinion, hasn't shown everyone everything he has. I think he could be a special talent if he's a student of the game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn't asking you if I knew the Technical ins and outs of WR, you assumed I didn't... and I was telling you you're wrong.

I didn't assume anything. I made a statement that was generally applicable just like many others I've made in the past. "You can learn a lot from watching Kupp play." "Watching Kupp play will teach you a lot about the nuances of the WR position." It wasn't directed at you, personally. It was a statement directed at any person who might want to watch Kupp to see how the position should be played, because we haven't seen much of that from Rams WRs over the past few years.

I don't pretend to know what you do or don't know about the WR position. For people who want to learn more, watching Kupp can certainly be useful.

Do I know for sure you're a WR Technical savaant? No... so I'll leave you to your hardened personal opinion of selecting Kupp with our first pick. No one absolutely knows for sure that College Player A is better than College Player B at the next level... but somehow you said "Kupp is better", like it's fact rather than personal opinion...

I don't feel the need to label every statement I make with an "imo" or "jmo." I think it's pretty obvious that it's an opinion. I trust that people on this board know the difference between an opinion and a fact. Yet, I still do add "imo" or "just my opinion" or "jmo" to a lot of my posts because I run into this exact issue often. It's always baffling to me.

Also, when you speak you speak for yourself... not "us" (everyone). That's generally how a forum community works. The tone of that sentence sounds demeaning (just like "If you want to know the technical ins and outs of the WR position...") ... Can't I just have a personal opinion Jrry without wasting time on a message board defending my stance to the ends of the earth?

Funny, that's exactly what I did. Let's read the quote again:
Can you give us a breakdown of both guys and explain why? That might help us (or at least me) understand it.

A breakdown would inform the entirety of the message board. Thus, "us" is appropriate in that context. In the next sentence, "us" may not be appropriate because it may only be me who needs help understanding it. Accordingly, I added the parentheses making that clear.

Sure, you can have an opinion without wasting time on a message board explaining it. However, that doesn't add much to the discussion. These discussions are rich and informative when people are willing to go into detail on what they see and think. Even if you don't agree with them, you understand where they're coming from, and other people benefit from seeing another perspective on the player.

I like JuJu more... So do a lot of fans on here and TST. Nothing more needs to be said. It's personal opinion and I personally like JuJu more based off the research that I have done over the past couple of months.

Great. That's understandable. There are many reasons why you can justify that stance. However, nobody gains anything from just hearing "I like Juju more" or "I like Kupp more." People learn when we go into depth on what makes a player special or what flaws we see in his game. That's what makes message boards like this one valuable. You have a lot of knowledgeable fans who are able to explain in detail what they see. People will disagree. That's the nature of opinions, but disagreement often leads to the discussion becoming even richer in terms of details.

You can get defensive and angry at me for pressing you for details, but I'm certainly practicing what I preach. I've made a number of detailed posts on many prospects in this draft. The reason I push you and others to do the same is because there's value in people seeing as many opinions as possible.(plus, I enjoy talking about draft prospects and football)

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I didn't assume anything. I made a statement that was generally applicable just like many others I've made in the past. "You can learn a lot from watching Kupp play." "Watching Kupp play will teach you a lot about the nuances of the WR position." It wasn't directed at you, personally. It was a statement directed at any person who might want to watch Kupp to see how the position should be played, because we haven't seen much of that from Rams WRs over the past few years.

I don't pretend to know what you do or don't know about the WR position. For people who want to learn more, watching Kupp can certainly be useful.

I don't feel the need to label every statement I make with an "imo" or "jmo." I think it's pretty obvious that it's an opinion. I trust that people on this board know the difference between an opinion and a fact. Yet, I still do add "imo" or "just my opinion" or "jmo" to a lot of my posts because I run into this exact issue often. It's always baffling to me.

Funny, that's exactly what I did. Let's read the quote again:

A breakdown would inform the entirety of the message board. Thus, "us" is appropriate in that context. In the next sentence, "us" may not be appropriate because it may only be me who needs help understanding it. Accordingly, I added the parentheses making that clear.

Sure, you can have an opinion without wasting time on a message board explaining it. However, that doesn't add much to the discussion. These discussions are rich and informative when people are willing to go into detail on what they see and think. Even if you don't agree with them, you understand where they're coming from, and other people benefit from seeing another perspective on the player.

Great. That's understandable. There are many reasons why you can justify that stance. However, nobody gains anything from just hearing "I like Juju more" or "I like Kupp more." People learn when we go into depth on what makes a player special or what flaws we see in his game. That's what makes message boards like this one valuable. You have a lot of knowledgeable fans who are able to explain in detail what they see. People will disagree. That's the nature of opinions, but disagreement often leads to the discussion becoming even richer in terms of details.

You can get defensive and angry at me for pressing you for details, but I'm certainly practicing what I preach. I've made a number of detailed posts on many prospects in this draft. The reason I push you and others to do the same is because there's value in people seeing as many opinions as possible.(plus, I enjoy talking about draft prospects and football)

Agreed to disagree with the validation. No worries. You like Kupp, great!

I don't have to breakdown both players for you though. I like JuJu for a plethora of reasons, comparatively to Kupp... but I choose not to get in a long-winded breakdown of both players because it's pointless.

We don't know for sure who they are picking nor do we know with any certainty our "feelings" are correct.

Moving on.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed to disagree with the validation. No worries. You like Kupp, great!

I don't have to breakdown both players for you though. I like JuJu for a plethora of reasons, comparatively to Kupp... but I choose not to get in a long-winded breakdown of both players because it's pointless.

We don't know for sure who they are picking nor do we know with any certainty our "feelings" are correct.

Moving on.

You are right that you don't have to breakdown either player. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. However, it's not pointless. It allows other people to read your opinions and learn from them. That's the point of the message board. Again, though, it's your choice, and you seem intent on not doing it. Okay.

As for our "feelings," this isn't about feelings or emotion. It's simply looking objectively at what each player offers and creating a projection based on experience.

Anyways, I'm both excited and dismayed that the draft is only a few days away. We'll see what the Rams decide to do.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
What a terrific thread.

Just a couple of comments, fwiw.

@jrry32. I agree that both Tavon and Thomas are fast enough to "take the top off" a D. Not as comfortable as you are that their hands are adequate to scare a D, though. Maybe that's coachable, but I have my doubts. We can hope that some other WR steps up under the tutelage of these new coaches, but hope is not a good strategy, so... I'll freely admit that I'm not a Tavon fan, but Thomas intrigues me. He still has to win me over this year, though.

@Florida. I see your point about taking a second WR by the 4th round. I do. But I don't think we have that luxury. We have 4 picks by the tail end of the 4th, but no 1st. If we take the two WR's that you want, that only leaves a 3rd and a 4th for TE, C, CB, DE/Edge, and LB before we dive into the latter (and lower success percentage) rounds. And this draft has good depth at TE, CB, and ER. Hate to "waste" that depth with a double dip at WR. That's a conundrum for me.

Gotta trust our coaches on these difficult issues.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
usc wr? no thanks. they always seem to disappoint in the nfl lately.

I've never understood how other players from the same school could have any effect on someone else's potential/production.

Lynn Swann, Curtis Conway, Johnnie Morton, Keyshawn Johnson, Steve Smith,

Woods, Lee, and Algholor are all in the league

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you already have a QB, you pick BPA regardless of positions or needs. When you start reaching for a need over talent, you end up with less talent. We NEED defense, but if the Cowboys have an offensive player rated the highest when we pick, that's who they'll go with.

We didn't *need* Ezekiel Elliott. McFadden had over 1,000 yards the year before. He was the BPA (according to our board), so he was the pick. Look how well that turned out.
McFadden? Cmon man....

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Do any of those guys(Kupp, Smith-Schuster) fit our scheme? McVay likes small fast guys who run good routes. Even his TEs are smaller. I think if we get a WR early, it's going to be John Ross. He would be a stud in our system.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
The guy had just under the same amount of yards Gurley did, so.....
A kindergartner could get just under the same amount of yards as Gurley running behind your O-line . Yes that is jealousy.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Juju would be my pick at wr after Williams, Davis and Jones. However the more I think about it the wr depth chart is already pretty stacked.

Austin, woods , Cooper, spruce, willkams and I like the size Paul mcroberts brings.Not to mention Marquez who is great on special teams .

I wouldn't mind seeing these guys given a shot and the team drafting another position at 37.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Do any of those guys(Kupp, Smith-Schuster) fit our scheme? McVay likes small fast guys who run good routes. Even his TEs are smaller. I think if we get a WR early, it's going to be John Ross. He would be a stud in our system.

No john Ross! He is too fragile and we already have Tavon. Tavon looked like a great route runner in college too lol their speed took over games but that doesn't happen against nfl corners.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The guy had just under the same amount of yards Gurley did, so.....
He was never going to be their lead back that's just silly.
They needed an RB and in today's day and age, any RB drafted in top 10 is over drafted...
They draft just like anyone else. BPA based on team needs.
If Leonard Fournette, Mitch Trubisky or whoever the top OG/OT is on the board, will not be drafted by the Cwboys even if they are ranked higher as a prospect

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
What a terrific thread.

@Florida. I see your point about taking a second WR by the 4th round. I do. But I don't think we have that luxury. We have 4 picks by the tail end of the 4th, but no 1st. If we take the two WR's that you want, that only leaves a 3rd and a 4th for TE, C, CB, DE/Edge, and LB before we dive into the latter (and lower success percentage) rounds. And this draft has good depth at TE, CB, and ER. Hate to "waste" that depth with a double dip at WR. That's a conundrum for me.

Gotta trust our coaches on these difficult issues.

Well let me be a little more specific @Rams43. I mentioned 4th round WR because some good ones with long ball skill sets are rated in the general 4th round area. If one of those WR's happens to slide down to the 5th that the Rams have a strong 4th round grade on, they might surprise and draft a second WR.

I didn't mean that it had to be a 4th round selection.

Now mind you, it would be just like Snead to trade down from #37 to say 45 - 47 and pick up another 4th round selection. Add another possibility that they could trade their 5th round #149, 6th's #189, 206 and move back up into the 4th round if they have a player that they're surprised is sliding.

If this draft is so deep like some are saying, the Rams and Trader Les could get creative and end up with extra 4th round selections.

"EXAMPLE."

Second Round pick # 46 (trade down with Colts)
Third Round pick__ # 69
Fourth Round pick # 112
Fourth Round pick # 121 (from Colts via trade)
Fourth Round pick # 138 (trade up with Bengals- they get Rams #149, #189,#206)
Fourth Round pick # 141
Seventh Round pick # 234

That would give them 6 selections in the top 141 picks and this is something I hope they end up doing.

I believe that this would be the a good strategy to take because in this particular Deep Draft The 4th Round could have several gems that fit the Rams needs.

I'm just not a big fan of 5th, 6th and 7th round selections in any draft especially this one if it's as deep as some say.

cropped-SmartTrading-Smallwithwhiteborder-3.jpg