JT/Wagoner Tweets: Bradford's Presser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas @jthom1 ·

QB Sam Bradford just finished session w/local media. Says he was so low mentally after 2nd injury, he wondered if he wanted to still play.

Says phone call w/former Oklahoma QB Josh Heupel (currently Sooners offensive coordinator) helped set him straight.

Bradford was asked a couple of times about his contract status; i.e. the possibility of accepting a pay cut or restructured contract.

Said he had no details to offer there. That his sole concern has been rehab _ and the Rams' sole concern was the 2014 season _ up till now.

Bradford said he has no problem with Rams bringing in a QB via draft (or wherever) as competition.

Physically, Bradford said he's coming along fine. Already running.

Says phone call w/former Oklahoma QB Josh Heupel (currently Sooners offensive coordinator) helped set him straight.

=========
Nick Wagoner @nwagoner

Rams QB Sam Bradford just spoke to media. Says he has not been approached yet by Rams about contract status.

Bradford doesn't believe he came back too soon from previous injury but since injury happened earlier this time, he has more time.

Bradford plans to remain in St. Louis during offseason for rehab. There's no definite timetable but acknowledged they'd be more deliberate.

Asked if he'd be willing to renegotiate contract, Bradford said there's "lots that can can" but noted that's why he has an agent.

Bradford said he still believes St. Louis is the best place for him, says he feels like he still has "a lot to prove."

Bradford said he would embrace competition if and when team decided to invest in another quarterback via FA or the draft.

Bradford said there were moments after suffering ACL injury that he had doubts about coming back to football. Said part of him was "done."

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Bradford is an impressive individual . . . smart, honest, well-spoken, talented, has it all, but clearly God hates him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Bradford said there's "lots that can can" but noted that's why he has an agent.
I don't see why Bradford would reference female chorus line dancers. Must be the pain meds.

In seriousness though, that last part is a little troubling. But understandable. Having to go through that kind of rehab again is going to be a bitch.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
He's a good man, and it speaks to his character that even if/when he had doubts, he was there on the sidelines with his team.
I can't say a cross word about him as a Ram, he just doesn't deserve it and I think he's shown a lot as a QB. Just wish he could show it for 16 games.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sam is one of those rare pro athletes that actually tells the truth when he speaks and we don't hate him for it.
Usually it's one or the other.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm all for luck is when preparation meets opportunity, but when it comes to Samuel Jacob Bradford and the St. Louis Rams we could some good old fashion luck!
51716b733275c.preview-620.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've wondered if he'd contemplate retirement all year long. Now I see that the thought was there for him...

I wonder if his drive to play this game at the highest level will still be there when the dog days of summer get here.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Sam's a great person, and I felt terrible for him after the injury, but if he's not willing to take a pay cut to help the team, I don't want him here.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Bradford deserves to be a top 3 QB in the league. I would feel the same way as he did about retirement. He's one of my favorite players ever just because of his work ethic and pure honesty. I don't think there's a single true fan out there that doesn't want Bradford to be part of a championship run. It wouldn't feel right without him.

Irish

Starter
Let's put it this way: if Bradford wasn't a model citizen and a likable guy, this decision would be WAY easier for the vast majority of us here.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Feel bad for the kid. You wouldn't want anyone else representing your organization. You hate to see such talent wasted on injuries. Really hope he can make it back but two ACL's is a tough road.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not surprising to me that he would be down for quite a while after all he has been through. Thinking he would not be contemplating helping the team out money wise is certainly unreal, there isn't anyone on this board who knows what has been going through his mind. And not wanting him here if he doesn't restructure, really?? Its not our money, I care about winning not how much Kronke spends and Sam Bradford coming back and staying healthy is this team's best chance to win in 2015.

Here's to hoping that Sam can come back, that he does get a restructured contract and that the Rams FO gets off their collective asses and fixes the Oline. THAT is how this team takes the next step forward.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick Wagoner @nwagoner

Jeff Fisher just wrapped up his postseason presser. No surprise, he says he does not anticipate any changes to coaching staff.

Reading between the lines, Fisher kind of left open the possibility of making a move up in the draft. Also said he's open to adding vets.

Fisher also made mention of Rams making trade for Barron being an indicator of how they feel about upcoming draft class.

Fisher also said Greg Robinson is his left tackle moving forward. Jake Long's status up in the air but Robinson is the LT.

Fisher did acknowledge that some "contractual things" would need to be worked out with Bradford but didn't offer specifics.

Fisher makes it clear that there will be a quarterback competition next year. Says QB from outside the building will compete with Bradford.

Fisher called OC Brian Schottenheimer "an outstanding play caller." Likely only way changes happen is if coaches leave for other jobs.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jim Thomas @jthom1 ·

Fisher said he believes the team has progressed even if the record said otherwise.

Fisher says Greg Robinson will be the team's LT next season. Says he's not sure if Jake Long wants to continue playing.

But if Long returns, Fisher said he thinks Long has the athletic capability of playing guard.

Fisher says the team does have interest in bringing back Hill and Davis.

FIsher can't say how or who will be brought in to compete, but there will be a QB "not in the building now" brought in to compete.

Fisher says Sam Bradford will compete for the job next season. Says there will be another QB brought in to compete.

Fisher says "Brian Schottenheimer is an outstanding play-caller." Says he doesn't anticipate any staff changes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've wondered if he'd contemplate retirement all year long. Now I see that the thought was there for him...

I wonder if his drive to play this game at the highest level will still be there when the dog days of summer get here.
Yeah, it was reported that the rehab was grueling for him. He was the first one in and last one out all offseason, and all through camp. Then to see it all fall to shit because his freaking knee gave out again (through no fault of his own) and then contemplate having to go through that entire process again? That has to be a drag. Especially if he has no guarantees that it won't all end up the same for him again next year. That's gotta suck. On the other hand, though, he's getting paid handsomely for it so that has to soften the blow a little. But only a little, because everyone knows he's all about football and competition. He'd probably give it all back and play for much less if he could stay healthy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fisher says "Brian Schottenheimer is an outstanding play-caller." Says he doesn't anticipate any staff changes.
This is for you, and you know who you are. lol.
tumblr_m1vknqkfDX1qeyt27o1_500.gif

StLouieRam

UDFA
we need to pray to the Football Gods he can return to health and stay there and somebody send him some bone broth soup. Heal up Sam.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If Bradford redoes his contract, and stays healthy, I don't see him getting beat out for the starting job by anybody, especially a rookie. It's all up to him staying healthy.