JT Talks Saffold & Free Agency--Expects Quick Move on Back Up QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas appeared on The Drive Home on 920AM. He thinks there was some “buyers remorse” on the Raiders part in the Saffold situation. Both the Rams and Saffold had parted in good terms, so a reunion was possible. Rams were interested in Antonio Smith as a 3rd DT. They are very happy with Kendall Langford. JT thinks we’ll see some movement on a back up QB fairly quickly now that Clemens has left. Rams will probably have a few more small signings. They are excited about getting back some cap space with Finnegan signing with the Dolphins.

Listen to Jim Thomas Interview

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wonder how fast or if at all they will move on a vet QB back-up. It may make sense but I'm just not sure they feel the options out there are enough worth the cash.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I wouldn't even get a vet back-up. Heck, the benefit of having Clemens was he knew the system and could lead our young guys. Now that he's gone I just don't see the point.

Im good with any rookie that can make every throw but is raw. All we need is 1. Hekker will do the rest...

iced

I pray not but I could see some interest in Mark Sanchez.

Pretty sure he'd be only backup QB Bradford-haters wouldn't want to see

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I pray not but I could see some interest in Mark Sanchez.

Pretty sure he'd be only backup QB Bradford-haters wouldn't want to see
You don't think he'd be expensive? He beat out KC when they were together so I don't think he'd be much of a value. The injury might help keep costs down though

iced

You don't think he'd be expensive? He beat out KC when they were together so I don't think he'd be much of a value. The injury might help keep costs down though

why would he be expensive?

It's not like teams are beating down his door, offering him starting opportunities anywhere