JT: Rams Worked Out Tulsa RB Tre Watts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1
During their whirlwind tour of private workouts this past week, Rams worked out Tulsa RB Trey Watts. He's son of former OU QB J.C. Watts.

Watts rushed for 1,329 yards and caught 46 passes last season at Tulsa.

Alan

Legend
Last edited:

Alan

Legend
My 12 year old daughter can outrun him. How can anyone run so slow at that size? :eek:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Trey Watts. 39th ranked RB on CBS big board. Looks like a special teams prospect.

Short interview. Heady kid.

Heads up play here on the punt return. He doesn't look dirt slow to me. He's not fast either.

Nice kick return

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We know one thing ...if he is like his dad he will give you all he has on the field & never cause you any concerns off the field. Comes from a great family!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is the kind of late rounder that seems classic Snead.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
We must collect all running backs named Tre!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
No room on this roster for a slow, undersized RB. We have too many guys already that can make a splash on special teams.

Alan

Legend
PhxRam looking at the second best option:
I wish they would do 40 times with a dog chasing you.
Or my ex-wife.
It's pretty amazing how badly he did at the combine and Pro day. Makes one really wonder how important any of those measurables are when the the guy wins the SEC Defensive Player of the Year award.

Last edited by a moderator:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Or my ex-wife.
It's pretty amazing how badly he did at the combine and Pro day. Makes one really wonder how important any of those measurables are when the the guy wins the SEC Defensive Player of the Year award.
They're not important. It's a dog and pony show.

Alan

Legend
-X- pointing out the consensus view:
They're not important. It's a dog and pony show.
I hear that said all the time and yet there are a couple (as usual) of things that work against that in my mind.

Very few of the good to great players in the NFL don't have good measurables. I say very few because i don't know any but I'm sure there must be.

While the 40 yard dash isn't important in my mind for a lineman, events like the shuttle, 3 cone, broad jump bench press and vertical jump do measure things that are indicative of physical qualities that normally show up on the field. Especially the vertical jump which is supposed to measure his explosiveness. I'm sure that some of them like the bench press can be improved by our strength coach.

I guess we'll see.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Very few of the good to great players in the NFL don't have good measurables.
Yeah, I know. And you would expect that if they were big producers in college. My issue is giving it more weight as an evaluation tool than the simple eye test. With so many players becoming great without possessing great "measureables", it's safe to say that the whole show is, at best, an inexact science.