JT: Rams Heading to Clemson to Workout Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1
Rams contingent heading to Clemson for private workout Friday with WR Sammy Watkins.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Woohoo! draft Watkins and trade Tavon and Quick! Lets keep this WR musical chairs game rolling.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams to hold private workout for Watkins
By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...0-b4f9-b91e8676214d.html#.U1BXyIXxEpw.twitter

Just a few weeks ago at the NFL owners meetings, coach Jeff Fisher sounded like the Rams might pass on Sammy Watkins. But the Rams sure are taking a long look at the star wide receiver from Clemson.

Widely considered the best wideout in the draft, Watkins paid a pre-draft visit to Rams Park on Tuesday, meeting with a variety of coaches and team officials.

It's against league rules for teams to work out draft prospects on these so-called "top-30" visits.

But the Rams will get that accomplished over the weekend; they are sending a contingent to Clemson, S.C., for a private workout with Watkins on Friday.

They'll also get a look at Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd, since he will be throwing to Watkins.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I really don't get what the big deal is if an NFL team wants to workout a player at their own facility. If a team figures out some clever way to be more certain of a prospects potential then they should be privileged to that information and not need share it with anyone else.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good. Do your due diligence.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really don't get what the big deal is if an NFL team wants to workout a player at their own facility. If a team figures out some clever way to be more certain of a prospects potential then they should be privileged to that information and not need share it with anyone else.

My guess would be liability more than anything. If Watkins tears his ACL at the Rams facility, it's a different scenario than tearing his ACL at Clemson's facility.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good. Do your due diligence.

Was going to say the same.

Due diligence.

Nothing more.

He might be the pick. But... He might not. This isn't news to me.

FRO

Legend
I want Clowney first and foremost, but if he goes first I want Watkins or Matthews.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Was going to say the same.

Due diligence.

Nothing more.

He might be the pick. But... He might not. This isn't news to me.

In lieu of no QB hype (which fuckin sucks) maybe they are trying to stir up interest here for a trade down.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Never hurts to "show interest" in the top 4 or 5 guys, if you can keep a poker face, it increases your trade down possibilities, and the due diligence part works out in the same sense. Just means that we will be prepared, and know what we might be getting at __ slot, and just how far we are willing to go down. This applies to everybody that we have showed "interest in" in the top 15.