JT:Rams denied permission to interview Van Pelt & Chud

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
As per RamsBill post:

Sources: Adam Gase to meet with Bears
January, 20, 2015
By Staff | ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bears/post/_/id/4697043/sources-adam-gase-to-meet-with-bears

Highly sought-after Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, who interviewed for the Bears' head-coaching vacancy during Denver’s bye week in the first round of the playoffs, is scheduled to fly to Chicago Wednesday morning to meet with Chicago Bears coach John Fox about the team's offensive coordinator job, sources close to the situation tell ESPN.

It is more likely than not the two coaches will reunite with the same role Gase had the past two seasons after Gase was promoted by Fox as Denver's offensive coordinator in 2013, sources said.

Gase, who interviewed for the head-coaching vacancies in Denver, San Francisco and Buffalo, also met with the Baltimore Ravens on Monday about their offensive coordinator opening before Baltimore named former Bears head coach Marc Trestman to the position. Gase also has received interest from the Raiders, Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Gase is still considered to be in the mix for the 49ers and Rams. The Rams had reached out to Gase last week but have so far been unable to secure an interview, a source said. They reached out to Gase again over the weekend and again on Tuesday night after Gase didn't land coordinator jobs in Baltimore or Jacksonville.

ESPN.com Rams reporter Nick Wagoner contributed to this report.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Teams will usually give permission upon request, particularly if a lower level coach is set to take an offensive or defensive coordinator position elsewhere, but the current team is not required to give permission.

Conspiracy theory: Has to do with punishing Silent Stan for making overtures to LA without approval.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
They can.
Always have been able to.
Actually, by the rule above, the Colts would be required to give permission to the Rams (and others) if they were interviewing him for a head coaching position.

But Chud's current rank of "Special Assistant" and the Rams' opening of Offensive Coordinator are both considered to be "Assistant Coaches" and thus the rules treat it as a lateral move. And teams have the right to deny permission for interviews for lateral moves.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
All I have to say is it will come around to the Colts and Packers eventually, if they keep this up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a bunch of horseshit.

Douchebags.

I feel just as bad for Chud and Van Pelt as I do for us. This could be big for either guy's career if they did well here. Their teams are screwing them over to force them into a lesser job.

FRO

Legend
If I were an assistant I wouldn't want to work for a team like that. Horrible.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Hey, I heard good things about that new OC at Georgia... let's try to steal him!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
"I don't understand why our guys are not part of this process" - Mike McCarthy, on his assistants being in demand for coaching positions - 10/01/15

Yet when one of his guys is offered an interview...

FRO

Legend
"I don't understand why our guys are not part of this process" - Mike McCarthy, on his assistants being in demand for coaching positions - 10/01/15

Exactly. What a douche.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
This is utter bullshit. I get home to this! I hope this is some sort of misinformation or joke.

Man, this really kills my vibe going into the off season. I hate to jinx us, but bw the super bowl and this news, what else could go wrong?!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dick move by two playoff franchises.

Glad they both got eliminated. New teams to hate, that's nice!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Exactly. What a crock of shit that was.
Now what? Fuck it. Hire Martz and give him an incentive-laden contract. :whistle: