JT on the deal AND Davin Joseph LOL!!!! Talk about indigestion!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm thinking we can get Joseph on the cheap. He is 30-31 years old. Will hold until we get someone. I think all we have is Brandon Washington.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Don't forget, we need two OGs, and Saffold is probably going to start at LT until Long is ready to play.
If he plays T it will be a mistake and he will be on IR he should not get anywhere near a start at T.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
$6M and incentives that is ridiculous, Saffold is still being over paid but now it is coming from the Rams

moklerman

Warner-phile
Why is it ridiculous for a guy who can play 3 different OL positions and knows the system? 3 different teams went pretty hard after this guy this year so there must be a perceived value even though he's had injury problems.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Raiders OL is a huge problem. They lost Veldeer and Saffold. Now they have jags at OT. They will be staring a great OT prospect in the face in this draft. They very well could take an OT.
I agree they are probably taking a T with that fifth pick.....or Watkins.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I agree they are probably taking a T with that fifth pick.....or Watkins.
They want Watson to be the left tackle.

I don't think they view tackle as big of a need as the rest of the world does.

...but does that really surprise any of us?

fearsomefour

Legend
They want Watson to be the left tackle.

I don't think they view tackle as big of a need as the rest of the world does.

...but does that really surprise any of us?
Yeah your probably right. My Raider insider says they love Watkins and Mack.
They have C and RT covered and have someone penciled in at LT.
Who knows, maybe they have developed someone.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Why is it ridiculous for a guy who can play 3 different OL positions and knows the system? 3 different teams went pretty hard after this guy this year so there must be a perceived value even though he's had injury problems.
Not being able to stay on the field is why it is ridiculous. When they guy has missed 17 games and parts of others in 3 years you cannot depend on him being there for the whole year. That means you have to have a decent back not just a guy to fill the spot while Saffold rehabs. He cannot play tackle all that well and always gets hurt when he tries, see 2013 for a reference hurt twice in that season playing tackle. Just because other teams are desperate does not make him valuable it makes the market bad.

Alan

Legend
El Juggernauto feeling lonely:
Well, we don't have anyone else. Unless B.Jones added a shit ton of muscle.

We're not done yet. We still have the draft.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Not so fast.

Not a bad idea at all. The last thing you want to do is go into a draft with your hands tied.

Ideally, I'd still like to see the Rams get Yankey/Su'a-Filo and start him instead of Joseph. Or, yes, even Robinson/Matthews if there's a huge talent gap between them and Watkins. But signing Joseph makes it so it's not the end of the world if we DON'T address guard. And we'd still have the option of trying one of our centers at guard as well.

Smart move.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sign Joseph.

This line is fragile. We need starting caliber players. Collect them.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Not a bad idea at all. The last thing you want to do is go into a draft with your hands tied.

Ideally, I'd still like to see the Rams get Yankey/Su'a-Filo and start him instead of Joseph. Or, yes, even Robinson/Matthews if there's a huge talent gap between them and Watkins. But signing Joseph makes it so it's not the end of the world if we DON'T address guard. And we'd still have the option of trying one of our centers at guard as well.

Smart move.
I would love to sign him, and I agree about not wanting to have their hands tied.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sign Joseph but in the $3M range. I'd still love to see Yankey in horns.

Alan

Legend
El Juggernauto noticing the voids:
Well, we don't have anyone else. Unless B.Jones added a crap ton of muscle.
I'm of like mind concerning the need Juggs, I'm just not sure Joseph is the answer.

Maybe it was the injury and he's fine now. But a long lingering injury isn't good when you're his age either. There is no evidence that he hasn't lost his edge. Despite the huge need for O-line players by many of the teams, none have shown much interest.

Saffold has enabled us to draft a T and a G. I think we need both because I'm afraid there will be many injuries on the line and I want small fall offs in talent with their replacements. I'm tired of not having a good O-line to support SB.