JT on Davis' contract for next season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
So what does this mean Financially to the Rams and Davis!?
I think it means we can tender an offer that others have to beat and if they do it costs them a draft pick,what those levels are I don't know,hell I don't know if I'm right on the first part:LOL:

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
How about this for a restricted free agent:

He can negotiate with any club through a certain date. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a five-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club. If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club the day after negotiations must end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
It would be just our luck that he'd have an awesome year, and we can't get him signed

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Worst case scenario, we probably get a first round pick for him. I think the Rams will keep him at almost any price another team offers though.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He keeps playing like this and he'll make bank. We can give him Sam's contract.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he's an ERFA rather than a RFA. Only has 1 accrued season to this point.

Psycho_X

Legend
If he continues to keep a rating around 100 we sign him long term before he ever becomes a RFA I think. Only one year of experience so it wouldn't be a back breaker. Probably in the $50 mil range. We dump Bradfords contract. Honestly, keeping Bradford around at that point would be bad for both of us.... him because he could go some where with no QB options and probably get a real chance as a starter again. And if he stayed here it'd just create some "Well lets try Bradford again?" every time Davis throws a bad ball.

If Davis ends up finishing the season as an average QB we probably let him hit RFA and end up signing him to a modest deal while cutting Bradford still but trying to sign him back as well and let training camp sort them out.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
I think he's an ERFA rather than a RFA. Only has 1 accrued season to this point.

Wasn't he signed for the whole 2012 season? I think even being on the practice squad counts. He then signed Sept last year so this year would make 3 years. I would think he will be signed to a long term contract, if he keeps the way he's playing now up, regardless of his free agent status.

FWIW:
Exclusive-Rights Free Agents (ERFA): An Exclusive-Rights Free Agent is an NFL player who is not under contract, but has only two years of NFL experience. If his former club makes him an offer at the three year veteran minimum salary, then that's it, he has to take it or leave the NFL. These guys have no right to negotiate with other teams. They are "free" only in the sense that they're free to quit.
http://football.calsci.com/FreeAgency.html

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was an exclusive rights free agent when they signed him this year IIRC. Was basically a take or leave it deal

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
A little too soon for this....but I love what I'm seeing...Hope the hair does too....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't he signed for the whole 2012 season? I think even being on the practice squad counts. He then signed Sept last year so this year would make 3 years. I would think he will be signed to a long term contract, if he keeps the way he's playing now up, regardless of his free agent status.

FWIW:
Exclusive-Rights Free Agents (ERFA): An Exclusive-Rights Free Agent is an NFL player who is not under contract, but has only two years of NFL experience. If his former club makes him an offer at the three year veteran minimum salary, then that's it, he has to take it or leave the NFL. These guys have no right to negotiate with other teams. They are "free" only in the sense that they're free to quit.

When it says two years, it's referring to accrued seasons. Practice squad does not count. I'm not sure if he has accrued one season or two thus far. NFL.com and ESPN both have him down as having only accrued one season("Second Season" under experience) but reading the CBA, it seems like he would have already accrued two seasons unless being inactive for games means that he's not on full pay status.

I'm not sure what the answer is.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

FWIW:

When it says two years, it's referring to accrued seasons. Practice squad does not count. I'm not sure if he has accrued one season or two thus far. NFL.com and ESPN both have him down as having only accrued one season("Second Season" under experience) but reading the CBA, it seems like he would have already accrued two seasons unless being inactive for games means that he's not on full pay status.

I'm not sure what the answer is.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not an assumption I'm willing to make when there's disagreement on the major sites. The CBA isn't clear. Full pay status is never defined. So I'm not sure if being inactive plays into it or not. My guess is no but that's a guess.