JT Chat - Redskins will have better season than Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I was very surprised to see in Jim Thomas's chat today that he thinks the Redskins will have a better season than the Rams. Believe me - I know Jim Thomas knows A LOT more than I do on the Rams, the Redskins and the NFL (and, I truly appreciate and respect his articles & opinions!) but I will be very surprised & disappointed if the Redskins have a better season than the Rams! Not only do I think the Rams will be greatly improved this season (New Coach, Some great additions to the team thanks to Free Agency & the Draft, New Attitude, etc) but I also think the Redskins play in a much tougher division (at least this year) & also have a tougher schedule (IMPO) and they will have a rookie QB (who I think will be an outstanding QB in the NFL but he will still be a rookie QB in a very tough division.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
A beat writer's opinion, seems everyone who is paid 4 sports don't like saying positive things. W/e., the Redskins have OL problems w/ a rookie QB, no one at WR outside Moss, it's a RB by committee, etc. IDK why they can be predicted 2 have a turnaround season but the Rams can't.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Angry Ram said:
A beat writer's opinion, seems everyone who is paid 4 sports don't like saying positive things. W/e., the Redskins have OL problems w/ a rookie QB, no one at WR outside Moss, it's a RB by committee, etc. IDK why they can be predicted 2 have a turnaround season but the Rams can't.
It seems everyone expects RG3 to have a better season than Cam Newton. People forget that a lot of the passing numbers Newton put up last year were because defenses were hurt more by the lost offseason, especially passing defenses. Things are going to be very different this year for Newton, and RG3.

Thomas never puts a positive spin on anything. He says he tries not bring his opinion into it, but every year his take is the same. Opinion or mind set?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
It seems everyone expects RG3 to have a better season than Cam Newton. People forget that a lot of the passing numbers Newton put up last year were because defenses were hurt more by the lost offseason, especially passing defenses. Things are going to be very different this year for Newton, and RG3.

Thomas never puts a positive spin on anything. He says he tries not bring his opinion into it, but every year his take is the same. Opinion or mind set?

That and the fact that he put up a bunch of yards in garbage time. He had incredible stats and not many wins because half of his yards came in the 4th Quarter with teams holding onto a 30 point lead and going half ass in a prevent defense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
and going half ass in a prevent defense.
God I hate that defense. And it's not just your typical disdain for it where people say, "Yeah, prevents you from winning, blah blah blah." I mean, I really hate it. You play a certain way all game, then completely change it on the off chance a big play happens. How about you rely on your ability to stop the big play all game, like you've BEEN DOING all game, and keep knocking the QB on his ass? How about THAT?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
and going half ass in a prevent defense.
God I hate that defense. And it's not just your typical disdain for it where people say, "Yeah, prevents you from winning, blah blah blah." I mean, I really hate it. You play a certain way all game, then completely change it on the off chance a big play happens. How about you rely on your ability to stop the big play all game, like you've BEEN DOING all game, and keep knocking the QB on his ass? How about THAT?
Any ONE in particular ?
I'll give you a choice the one we played that lost us a Super Bowl or the one that ALMOST lost us a Super Bowl?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I will give Thomas some credit......He's the only writer I know that can spend the whole practice with his back to the field talking and still give a report on all the action.

That wasn't nice, sorry. I'm a cranky camper this year. But the pads are coming on so WooHoo we can see what we got now.

Angry Ram

Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

I wasn't gonna say anything b/c I'm too paranoid about libel and stuff, but I get what you are sayin. If beat writers would become a little more positive then I know that people would get more exicted about the team. I'm not a big fan of JT. Appreciate his work in reporting and breaking news, but opinion..eh I think I can stick to my own.

On Newton: You are right. I'm lookin @ his game splits and if I'm reading it correctly, he threw for 1146 yards, 8 TDs no INTs in the 6 games the Panthers won and 2905 yards 13 TDs 17 INTs in the 10 games they lost. He also rushed for 8 TDs losses and 6 in losses. Not sayin that Newton isn't good, but he is overrated.

When Rams face RG3 it will be his 2nd game in the NFL. So let's see.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
paceram said:
I was very surprised to see in Jim Thomas's chat today that he thinks the Redskins will have a better season than the Rams. Believe me - I know Jim Thomas knows A LOT more than I do on the Rams, the Redskins and the NFL (and, I truly appreciate and respect his articles & opinions!) but I will be very surprised & disappointed if the Redskins have a better season than the Rams! Not only do I think the Rams will be greatly improved this season (New Coach, Some great additions to the team thanks to Free Agency & the Draft, New Attitude, etc) but I also think the Redskins play in a much tougher division (at least this year) & also have a tougher schedule (IMPO) and they will have a rookie QB (who I think will be an outstanding QB in the NFL but he will still be a rookie QB in a very tough division.

I'm not. I've never seen Thomas put a positive spin on any article he's written. It wouldn't matter if he was writing about one of our players breaking a record or the Rams winning five consecutive Super Bowls; he'd find some way to put a negative spin on it.

I wasn't joking when I said that the Redskins were going to give us a top five pick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

I wasn't gonna say anything b/c I'm too paranoid about libel and stuff, but I get what you are sayin. If beat writers would become a little more positive then I know that people would get more exicted about the team. I'm not a big fan of JT. Appreciate his work in reporting and breaking news, but opinion..eh I think I can stick to my own.

On Newton: You are right. I'm lookin @ his game splits and if I'm reading it correctly, he threw for 1146 yards, 8 TDs no INTs in the 6 games the Panthers won and 2905 yards 13 TDs 17 INTs in the 10 games they lost. He also rushed for 8 TDs losses and 6 in losses. Not sayin that Newton isn't good, but he is overrated.

Interesting splits - thanks for that. I'll admit I didn't watch too many Panthers games (why would I?), but I think that kid's a stud. He's a big dude with wheels and I think he caught the league off-guard this year. Which, obviously, wouldn't be too hard with no film on him and no camp. I think this second year will say a lot about his abilities. And I KNOW there will be some people who (if he has a good sophomore year) will say, "See! Newton didn't suck like Bradford did HIS second year!!!!!" But, that's to be expected from those with an agenda. Last year was just a mess of circumstances that only worked against Bradford, and it's a shame that not everyone recognizes that.

Again, with J.T. -- meh. I can take him or leave him, but I do appreciate the information he provides.
Which, you know, is his job and all.

Angry Ram

X said:
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

Interesting splits - thanks for that. I'll admit I didn't watch too many Panthers games (why would I?), but I think that kid's a stud. He's a big dude with wheels and I think he caught the league off-guard this year. Which, obviously, wouldn't be too hard with no film on him and no camp. I think this second year will say a lot about his abilities. And I KNOW there will be some people who (if he has a good sophomore year) will say, "See! Newton didn't suck like Bradford did HIS second year!!!!!" But, that's to be expected from those with an agenda. Last year was just a mess of circumstances that only worked against Bradford, and it's a shame that not everyone recognizes that.

Again, with J.T. -- meh. I can take him or leave him, but I do appreciate the information he provides.
Which, you know, is his job and all.

Meant to say...Newton rushed for 6 TDs in those wins.

You are right about the Bradford detractors...truth be told, almost every QB goes through something like that.

But you know what...screw them.