JT: Bud Dupree Visited Rams Park Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Bud Dupree of Kentucky visits Friday as Rams continue to look at edge rushers/OLBs.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
In a trade-down and trading Long for multiple draft picks? Maybe. I like Za'Darius Smith a lot more than Dupree as an all-around player, though, even though Dupree is talented as hell.

I'd be more than disappointed if he was the choice at ten, though. Too many good defensive ends in this class to take one that high, unless we're talking Leonard Williams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He would fill, to a lesser degree, a need. I think we were thin at LB last year!
But it should be determined by how far down we trade, and what we pick up in the trade !
He's a really talented player, no doubt about it!!

Memento

Name
Jemma
He would fill, to a lesser degree, a need. I think we were thin at LB last year!
But it should be determined by how far down we trade, and what we pick up!
He's a really talented player, no doubt about it!!

He's a 4-3 defensive end/3-4 linebacker.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yes and we have to keep an eye on the future. Hayes and Sims are FA's next year, and Long's coming back off a injury year.

I'm only okay with drafting a defensive end in the first round if it's Williams and/or we trade one of our defensive ends for high picks.

jjab360

Legend
I'd be okay with that only because Dupree is such a freak and Waufle has done a very good job of getting the best out of his D-linemen. Just wish his arms were a little longer, but his raw strength and athleticism will overcome that.

I can't emphasize enough how much of a physical freak this kid is though, 4.56 40, 42" VJ, 11'6" BJ at 270 lbs is just insane. You can compare that to Clowney and Khalil Mack last year and it's still off the charts.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kentucky pass rusher Dupree visits Rams
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_6d51c966-6239-5ee8-add0-bfec18644424.html

Whether it be edge rushers or linebackers, the Rams appear to be well-set at those positions for the 2015 season. Nonetheless, the team continues to bring in prospects at those spots for pre-draft visits.

The latest to find his way to Earth City is defensive end/outside linebacker Bud Dupree of Kentucky, who visited Rams Park on Friday. Dupree played both end and linebacker at Kentucky and projects as a 4-3 end or 3-4 outside 'backer in the pros at 6-4, 269 pounds.

Dupree recorded 23 1/2 sacks during his time at Kentucky, including 7 1/2 last season. At the NFL Scouting Combine, he was timed at 4.56 seconds in the 40 and had a vertical leap of 42 inches. He's considered a sure first-rounder and a likely top 20 pick in the draft.

The Rams have previously played host to defensive end/outside linebacker Shane Ray of Missouri, defensive end/outside linebacker Vic Beasley of Clemson, and inside linebacker Bernardrick McKinney of Mississippi State on pre-draft visits this month.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
(y)(y)(y)

My favorite pick at 10. No OL is worth a top ten pick this year and I like our WR's. Quinn and Dupree is a dynasty tandem. Love Chris Long but he got hurt last year and is hitting that point in age.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Draft Room conversation:
Fisher: You can never have enough pass rushers
Williams: I agree, we need more pass rushers
Cignetti: are you sure?
Boudreau: you do know we have like 2 maybe 3 starters on the O line right now, right?
Snead: Hmmmmmm (whispers into phone)

Goodell: with the 10th pick in the NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select, Lavonte Parker, Louisville

Fisher: I wanted a pass rusher
Cignetti/Boudreau: we wanted an O lineman
Snead: I wanted the Best Player Available and look what happened

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Hey, as you know I been high on him for awhile.. So a big yes

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Parker is my first choice at #10, assuming Cooper is gone. I like Parker over White for the Rams, btw.

Dupree is my second choice.

Here's my thinking...

Snead likes players with Pro Bowl potential with his early picks. Both these guys certainly have that potential. Hell, maybe even future HOF potential. Both have rare gifts.

And both at positions that feature hard to find game changer opportunities, at that.

I don't think Snead can resist that combination.

Especially for an OG conversion rookie or a ROT that is difficult to distinguish from 5-6 others in this same draft. Where's the pizzazz in that?

We'll see if I'm right on Day One.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Imagine how much people would freak out if we select another DL.