JT and Wagoner Tweets From OTA's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas @jthom1
As expected, Rodger Saffold worked at RG, Greg Robinson at LG during practice. W/Jake Long not working, Sean Hooey worked w/starters at LT.

C Scott Wells had an excused absence but will be back Friday.

Not practicing Thurs. for Rams: S Christian Bryant, RB Chase Reynolds. S Maurice Alexander, LT Jake Long, and DL Williams Hayes.

WR Kenny Britt made a couple of highlight-reel catches on deep balls.

Practice was spirited _ three minor scuffles _ but enough to have Jeff Fisher gather the squad mid-practice and tell them to knock it off.

Bradford feels good about where he is in terms of rehab from ACL injury. He will do about 50 percent of the OTA work this month.

Rams just completed first OTA session open to the media. QB Sam Bradford did only walk-through work, but will do 7-on-7 work Fri.

========

Nick Wagoner @nwagoner
Fisher said team's preference is to not disturb starters on OL so left tackle will be filled during OTAs/camp by "someone else." Hooey, etc.

Rams that did not practice Thursday: DE William Hayes, OL Jake Long, RB Chase Reynolds, C Scott Wells, S Mo Alexander, S Christian Bryant.

Britt beat Johnson and CB Janoris Jenkins for 2 long touchdowns in one on ones and let the young corners know about it. Set tone for fight.

Fisher stopped the practice after Britt/Johnson scuffle and made it clear in no uncertain terms that he wasn't happy with the antics.

As OTAs go, it was a physical, intense practice. Multiple scuffles broke out, including a big one between Kenny Britt & Trumaine Johnson.

#Rams off the practice field Thursday afternoon. QB Sam Bradford only did walkthrough. Fisher said he'll participate in about half of OTAs.

A55VA6

Legend
"WR Kenny Britt made a couple of highlight-reel catches on deep balls."
"Britt beat Johnson and CB Janoris Jenkins for 2 long touchdowns in one on ones and let the young corners know about it. Set tone for fight."

Nice to hear about Britt. He has star potential if he works hard.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

c'mon kenny, the rams need you to be studly.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like the Britt news don'tlike hearing both projected starting corners got burned by him. Does it mean he is back or they are not ready??

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Jim Thomas @jthom1

Fisher said team's preference is to not disturb starters on OL so left tackle will be filled during OTAs/camp by "someone else." Hooey, etc.

Rams that did not practice Thursday: DE William Hayes, OL Jake Long, RB Chase Reynolds, C Scott Wells, S Mo Alexander, S Christian Bryant.

If Wells didn't practice, I'd like to know who lined up with the first unit at center.

As OTAs go, it was a physical, intense practice. Multiple scuffles broke out, including a big one between Kenny Britt & Trumaine Johnson.

I like to see the fire from Britt.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

c'mon kenny, the rams need you to be studly.

That is good news about Britt.

If he returns to his previous form, Fisher is going to look like a freaking genius, especially since people weren't pounding Britt's door down.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If Wells didn't practice, I'd like to know who lined up with the first unit at center.
What i was wondering as well.

So happy to hear actually football news about the Rams.

Why was Mo held out?

Glad to hear Britt is beating it up. Gonne try not to het excited though, remember all least year in OTA's and camp how amazing Cook was. Also because of this by Peter King:
“I think the single-best player we saw on our tour (of NFL training camps) was St. Louis tight end Jared Cook,” King wrote.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I like the Britt news don'tlike hearing both projected starting corners got burned by him. Does it mean he is back or they are not ready??

Assuming we are talking about on on one drills, with no pressure, and an entire field to cover, the offense ALWAYS has the advantage. I would venture a guess, that both CBs won their share of reps in the drill, but that is hardly "news worthy".

CoachO

Hall of Fame
What i was wondering as well.

So happy to hear actually football news about the Rams.

Why was Mo held out?

Glad to hear Britt is beating it up. Gonne try not to het excited though, remember all least year in OTA's and camp how amazing Cook was. Also because of this by Peter King:
“I think the single-best player we saw on our tour (of NFL training camps) was St. Louis tight end Jared Cook,” King wrote.

Why does that sort of thing surprise you? That he was having an excellent camp or that teams actually made the effort to take him away after the Arizona game? Or that from week 6 on ..... well you know the rest!

Guys like Cook and Britt are athletic freaks, and they are going to excel in this sort of setting. Big, strong and fast make for huge problems in these drills. doesn't take away from their ability. Its how they fit in the scheme, and what allowances are made to make them a major part of the offense when teams scheme against them.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Why does that sort of thing surprise you? That he was having an excellent camp or that teams actually made the effort to take him away after the Arizona game? Or that from week 6 on ..... well you know the rest!

Guys like Cook and Britt are athletic freaks, and they are going to excel in this sort of setting. Big, strong and fast make for huge problems in these drills. doesn't take away from their ability. Its how they fit in the scheme, and what allowances are made to make them a major part of the offense when teams scheme against them.

It doesnt really surpirse me, it gets my hopes up for them and it fell below expectations last year, just trying a more wait and see approach.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Assuming we are talking about on on one drills, with no pressure, and an entire field to cover, the offense ALWAYS has the advantage. I would venture a guess, that both CBs won their share of reps in the drill, but that is hardly "news worthy".

Also not news worthy: our CB's getting mouthy after being toasted. Hope Fisher reels these guys in a bit

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Also not news worthy: our CB's getting mouthy after being toasted. Hope Fisher reels these guys in a bit

Maybe I read it wrong but I thought it was more a case of Britt being the mouthy one AFTER he toasted them.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I really like this approach. First, it builds continuity and second, it gives valuable reps and experience to the youngsters at a high degree of difficulty position(LT vs Quinn).

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
That's always the weird thing about judging practices.

Would it be better if our OG's handled our DT's easily? Or if our DT's were constantly getting past them?