@Jrry32 The Wide Receiver Expert

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
What do you think of Doctson out of TCU?

I've seen him play a couple times and can't help but notice him. Seems to just snatch the ball with his hands. . .

Another note to just get the thread going a bit more. . .

What receivers do you like in the college game right now? Who should I be watching?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm not Jrry32, but I really like Laquon Treadwell as well as Doctson. Those are my top 2.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Check the college football section of ROD, I know he has some thoughts on receivers in the Treadwell thread.

Athos

Legend
Haven't watched any full TCU games, so all I have to go on are highlights.

Here's what I've noticed.

1. Can jump out of the roof. Looks like he has massive hops.
2. Can make the acrobatic catch and adjust to poorly thrown balls.
3. Can with 50/50 balls, though it is the Big Stink conference of no D.
4. Lanky. Unsure of straight line speed. Probably more similar to Keenan Allen, but with AJ Green leaping ability, minus 2 inches in height.
5. A senior, that's shown improvement year and every year. Started as a walk-on. Even more impressive.
6. 71 receptions is a lot for college, with 4 games left + a bowl/playoffs. Potentially 6 games left. No one else has more than 25. So, he's basically
7. Definitely above average body control.

I'd have to investigate more, but I wouldn't be pissed at using the Eagles 2nd on him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haven't gotten to Doctson yet so I don't know. Right now, I'm really digging Tyler Boyd from Pittsburgh.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Personally digging De'Runnya Wilson out of Mississippi State. I have a platonic crush on him like I did Kelvin Benjamin.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
TST had an article that somebody mocked Michael Thomas, Ohio State to us. I really liked his highlights, seems more NFL-ready, runs good routes--juked a CB out of his shoes at the end of the VT game highlights. (but he got in the way of his own QB on a scramble)
I liked Treadwell's highlights, but somehow he reminds me of Blackmon--all size, no polish. We really need a polished WR that can gain separation; in the VT video, M.Thomas seemed to always be open.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
TST had an article that somebody mocked Michael Thomas, Ohio State to us. I really liked his highlights, seems more NFL-ready, runs good routes--juked a CB out of his shoes at the end of the VT game highlights. (but he got in the way of his own QB on a scramble)
I liked Treadwell's highlights, but somehow he reminds me of Blackmon--all size, no polish. We really need a polished WR that can gain separation; in the VT video, M.Thomas seemed to always be open.

I wish that Ohio State threw the ball more. Thomas looks good but has a smaller sample size than some of the rest of these guys. I do agree though, the Rams need a polished WR that can get open. If that is Thomas then I am all for it. This is a tough year for draft evals because the Rams have been drafting in the top 15 for so long that it is an unfamiliar feel. Snead really has to look hard to pick the right guy instead of taking a consensus guy like Cooper, who would go top ten.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will Fuller says he's staying at Notre Dame for his senior season, we'll see about that

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

I wish that Ohio State threw the ball more. Thomas looks good but has a smaller sample size than some of the rest of these guys. I do agree though, the Rams need a polished WR that can get open. If that is Thomas then I am all for it.
http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/11/25/rsp-boiler-room-no-8-wr-michael-thomas-ohio-state/

I'd check his combine, but you can't lose with guys like this.....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Haven't gotten to Doctson yet so I don't know. Right now, I'm really digging Tyler Boyd from Pittsburgh.

Love his play, hopefully, off the field issues won't derail him and although he's 6'2 does not look 6'2, if you catch my drift? Short arms maybe not taking away that I feel he's the best WR on the board, but I will be paying close attention to his vertical.