Jrry32 Quick Mock Draft - 2/11/2013

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's been too long since I've done one. :lol: But I'm pretty busy today so I don't have time yet to do the long explanation that I normally do. Can explain any of my picks in replies. :)

Round 1 Pick #16 - Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
20406820_BG1.jpg

Round 1 Pick #22 - Alec Ogletree WLB Georgia
OgletreeSanderlin.JPG

Round 2 Pick #16 - Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee
darick-rogers-runs-the-ball-against-oregon.389-650.jpg

Round 3 Pick #16 - DJ Swearinger FS South Carolina
512x.jpg

Round 4 Pick #16 - Brian Winters LG Kent State
Brian-Winters-Kent-St..jpg

Round 5 Pick #16 - Michael Williams TE Alabama
alabama-celebrate-touchdown-top-score-thumb-646x429-120924.jpg

Round 6 Pick #16 - Kemal Ishmael SS UCF
football-kemal-548x317.jpeg

Round 7 Pick #16 - Latavius Murray HB UCF
28_Latavius_Murray_runs_to_the_outside.JPG

Thoughts?

nighttrain

Legend
not familiar with some of the later picks, but i love the "by position" order of need..
only thing i wonder, do we need another safety more than another WR, Rodgers. Particularly one that supposedly is a problem child..
train

nighttrain

Legend
after rechecking i saw that you covered that problem with Swearinger, but Rodgers that high instead of more immediate OL help? Our OL depth and starters worry me
train

nighttrain

Legend
'All in all, would be really juiced with this draft..immediate upgrades or backups in a lot of areas
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Correction. #22:

Tavon-Austin-Versatile-Player.jpg

I'd love to have him but with the WR depth and talent in the first 3 rounds, it might be smarter to wait. That said, it depends who is on the board at #22 for sure.

But I think people would be happy with Rogers. Big, physical WR who would fit in well here because of his versatility. Can play Split End, Flanker and Slot WR. Great YAC skills, physical, will take huge hits and catch the ball and can make some acrobatic catches. Will drop some catchable balls due to him trying to run with it before securing it and I've heard he is a headcase with a big ego since his recruitment days but it seems like Fisher believes he can work with those guys.

Rogers is undoubtedly talented though. Put up 1000+ yards in the SEC as a Sophomore before being booted for the same reasons Janoris was.

It's a character risk but the kid is a 1st round talent. Then again, I'd also be fine with Quinton Patton and Markus Wheaton there or Tavon in the 1st at #22.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
jrry32 said:
It's been too long since I've done one. :lol: But I'm pretty busy today so I don't have time yet to do the long explanation that I normally do. Can explain any of my picks in replies. :)

Round 1 Pick #16 - Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
20406820_BG1.jpg

Round 1 Pick #22 - Alec Ogletree WLB Georgia
OgletreeSanderlin.JPG

Round 2 Pick #16 - Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee
darick-rogers-runs-the-ball-against-oregon.389-650.jpg

Round 3 Pick #16 - DJ Swearinger FS South Carolina
512x.jpg

Round 4 Pick #16 - Brian Winters LG Kent State
Brian-Winters-Kent-St..jpg

Round 5 Pick #16 - Michael Williams TE Alabama
alabama-celebrate-touchdown-top-score-thumb-646x429-120924.jpg

Round 6 Pick #16 - Kemal Ishmael SS UCF
football-kemal-548x317.jpeg

Round 7 Pick #16 - Latavius Murray HB UCF
28_Latavius_Murray_runs_to_the_outside.JPG

Thoughts?

I love some of the names you have, particularly Ogletree and Rogers. They may have character issues, but they're really damn talented, that's for sure. Rogers is probably my favorite wideout in the class; he has everything you look for in a number one receiver, and he's a legitimate first round talent.

I'm curious about Murray, though. I haven't heard his name at all. Who do you liken him to?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Not real familiar with the last two picks but would be pretty happy with this draft overall. Like X, I'm a fan of Austin, even if he is 4' 9" and 87lbs :)

fearsomefour

Legend
I like the draft overall. I would take a S over a WR in the second round, depending who is available of course. I would also take Warmack at 16 over a T if he is there, but, I think Tennessee is gonna grab him at 10 or trade down a couple of spots and take him just ahead of us.
I like Deonte Williams, RB, Cal Poly in the 7th round spot. He is shorter than your pick, about the same weight, rated higher in the things I have seen. Truth is either could probably be had as an undrafted FA. Which either one you really wanted to make sure you got, youd draft in the 7th. For me that is Williams.
I love the Ogletree pick. If he is there with our second 1st round pick we gotta grab him. Super value in that spot and would be a day 1 starter and upgrade in a position of need.
Well done with the mock.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
I love some of the names you have, particularly Ogletree and Rogers. They may have character issues, but they're really damn talented, that's for sure. Rogers is probably my favorite wideout in the class; he has everything you look for in a number one receiver, and he's a legitimate first round talent.

I'm curious about Murray, though. I haven't heard his name at all. Who do you liken him to?

It's hard to compare him because he has such a different body type for a HB. He's 6'3" 225 with 33 inch arms. Built more like a small TE than a HB and actually was moved over to TE early in his career at UCF then moved back to HB and ended up putting up 41 TDs over the last 3 years.

His running style is similar to Arian Foster in that he's a big HB but he's not a traditional power HB. He's a guy that relies on his quick feet, vision and patience. He's slippery and can bounce off tacklers but not really the lower the boom type. That said, if he gets a seam, he has that long strider speed where he can surprise you and really pull away from the defense.

He's not Adrian Peterson but he's the type of HB that can put the ball in the end-zone, will get what is there and is an excellent pass protector and receiver. Can straight stone-wall LBs when they rush the passer with his big frame, long arms and technique.

Here are a couple games of his:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoWesK_820U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoWesK_820U</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvCTzM2c0E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvCTzM2c0E</a>

You could also probably find the UCF-UGA Bowl game from 2010 on youtube when UCF upset them. Murray was the MVP of the game...had over 100 yards rushing.

nighttrain

Legend
Murray in the 7th round wouldnt bum me a bit, fact i quite liked his moves and 2nd gear. At his size reminds me(sizewise) of ED
train