Jrry32 Pre-Combine Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, we might be waiting for awhile to see what the Peters trade compensation is, so I'll just put this out and guess. I was originally going to try and do this mock without putting Talib or Shaquem Griffin in (was going to have Malcolm Butler at CB and Vander Esch being our top pick), but the Peters trade has changed that.

Cut
WR Tavon Austin
ILB Mark Barron

I don't see anyone trading us anything for Austin. Barron played well for us, but we can find a better fit for our scheme at a cheaper price.

Re-Sign/Extend
DT Aaron Donald - 6 years $120 million
WR Sammy Watkins - 3 years $30 million
CB Nickell Robey-Coleman - 5 years $25 million
S LaMarcus Joyner - Franchise Tag (5 years $45 million extension)
S Cody Davis - 3 years $4.5 million
C John Sullivan - 1 year $1.5 million
OLB Connor Barwin - 1 year $1.5 million
DT Tyrunn Walker - NFL minimum
CB Troy Hill - ERFA
HB Malcolm Brown - ERFA
OLB Matt Longacre - RFA
LS Jake McQuaide - 3 years $3.3 million

Trumaine walks. We bring Sammy back on a three-year $30 million deal. It's a win-win for Sammy and us. Other than that, it's pretty standard.

Free Agency
ILB Brian Cushing - 1 year $1.5 million

Cushing joins the Rams on what is basically a "prove it" deal. He played for Wade in Houston, so Wade knows him well. However, Cushing missed most of the 2017 season with another PED suspension, and he's slowing with age. However, he still has the size and strength to step in besides Ogletree and help us improve against the run.

Trade
Rams trade Round 3 Pick #23, Round 6 Pick #20, 2019 Conditional 3rd Round Pick, and 2019 5th Round Pick
Chiefs trade CB Marcus Peters

Well, it's going to happen. We'll see what we give up. In this scenario, the conditional 3rd becomes a 2nd if Peters makes the Pro Bowl and a 1st if Peters makes the All Pro team.

Rams trade Round 6 Pick #23
Broncos trade Round 7 Pick #7 and CB Aqib Talib

The Broncos will likely have to cut him, so they take what they can get here. We get Talib on a two-year $19 million deal with no guaranteed money left.

Rams trade Round 1 Pick #23
Browns trade Round 2 Pick #1, Round 4 Pick #1, and Round 4 Pick #22

It makes sense for the Browns to be aggressive. It makes sense for us to recoup some picks. The Browns need CB help, and it looks like there will be some good CB options available at Pick #23. This draft comes out almost perfectly on the trade value chart.

NFL Draft
Round 2 Pick #1 - Tim Settle NT Virginia Tech

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt8RjWeQNzw

Analysis: At 6'3" 335 pounds, Settle certainly has the sort of size that you expect out of a 3-4 NT. However, Settle's size isn't his only redeeming feature. He moves and plays like a DT who is 30 pounds lighter. Settle is explosive off the ball with great agility for his size and a lot of energy. His motor is highly impressive out of such a big guy. He combines the strength you expect out of a 330+ pound NT with the explosiveness you expect out of a 295 pound UT. Settle is still young at 20 years old, declared after his sophomore year, and is still raw. He needs to learn how to use his hands better as a pass rusher, he needs to play with better leverage in the running game, and he needs to show better awareness when it comes to blocking schemes. Nevertheless, Settle shows the ability win quickly with an arm-over swim move, he often forces teams to double him in the running game, and he's willing to chase players to the sideline. His potential is through the roof. He's been compared to Vince Wilfork, but I really like Jamal Williams as a comparison, who thrived in Wade's scheme (two All Pros in three years). The great thing about Wade's scheme is that he'll let Settle attack instead of forcing him to read and react, which isn't Settle's forte at this point in his career. Settle is exactly the type of player we need inside and is a perfect fit for this scheme. Plus, he'll have the opportunity to work with Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers. I can't think of a better duo to learn from as a young DL.

Round 4 Pick #1 - Shaquem Griffin ILB/OLB UCF

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6jFL3W1Z7E

Analysis: Many people have Griffin rated as a Day 3 pick, and some even have him rated as a 7th round pick or UDFA. Personally, I think this is similar to the disrespect Aaron Donald was given throughout his senior season before he blew up at the Senior Bowl. Donald's size scared teams. Griffin's missing hand also likely scares teams. However, after the Senior Bowl and Combine, it was clear that Donald's size issues were overblown. I expect the same to be true with Griffin after the Combine. He already had a great Senior Bowl week and won Practice Player of the Week. I expect him to dominate at the Combine by posting great jump and agility numbers and running a 40 in the 4.45 to 4.55 range. Griffin checks in at 6'0" 222 with surprising power and elite burst/speed. Griffin closes like few can at the LB position. He's been a highly-effective pass rusher because of his ability diverse set of rush moves and evolved pass rush plan along with his elite speed and quickness off the edge. He doesn't have the size to hold up as an edge, but he should be an effective blitzer. Griffin has had plenty of snaps in coverage and shows the athleticism to handle M2M coverage responsibilities in the NFL. In the running game, he's a sideline-to-sideline LB who will sift through traffic to make TFLs. He can also close from the backside due to his incredible speed. Despite his small stature, Griffin has shown the ability to work off of and through blockers. Griffin's missing hand can limit him at times. It can make it harder for him to disengage from blocks and can cause him to miss tackles. However, Griffin's unique blend of elite speed for his position along with top-notch instincts means that the tackles he generally misses due to his hand are tackles that few other LBs would have been in a position to make. Griffin is a film room junkie who went as far as to put his mattress in there during camp. It shows in his play through his tremendous instincts, tendency to be in the right place at the right time, and his evolved pass rush plan. Simply put, if Griffin had two hands, I think he'd be considered one of the top players in the Draft. His game reminds me of Lavonte David and Deion Jones.

Round 4 Pick #22 - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo OLB Oklahoma

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVmff0yRrY8

Analysis: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo shared Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year with Malik Jefferson after posting 75 tackles, 17 TFLs, and 8 sacks in 2017. In 2016, he posted 71 tackles, 12 TFLs, and 9 sacks. Okoronkwo played a role at Oklahoma that is fairly similar to the one he'd be playing for the Rams. Oklahoma dropped him in coverage quite a bit but also asked him to rush the passer and set the edge against the run. Okoronkwo thrived in all three areas. In the NFL, he would offer similar versatility. Why is he not going higher in the Draft? It's possible he does if he has a strong Combine, but his size (6'1" 245) and his limitations as a pass rusher might drop him in the Draft. While Okoronkwo is very quick and explosive, he doesn't really show the great bend and dominant edge rushing ability or the power and heavy hands needed to be an impact NFL pass rusher. Instead, he wins with his quickness, smarts, and balance. His go-to move right now is a spin move. He shows sophisticated pass rush plans and uses his hands well, but there are legitimate questions as to whether he can get consistent pressure. Still, he's a physical player with a great motor, his versatility, and the athletic traits to be a solid NFL OLB and a great special teamer. There is potential for him to be a good pass rusher if he continues to develop his hand usage, pass rush plans, and power, but it's not guaranteed.

Round 4 Pick #23 - John Kelly Jr. HB Tennessee

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jRr8UwgEVs

Analysis: John Kelly might be the most underrated HB in this Draft. He was unlucky enough to play on a Tennessee team that couldn't run block or throw the ball. It reminded me of Todd Gurley last year. He was constantly hit behind the LOS and rarely had a decent running lane. This is a guy who ran for more yardage last year than Alvin Kamara on less carries. Kelly Jr. doesn't have Kamara's speed, but like Kamara, I expect him to be a much better pro than college player. At 5'9" 210, Kelly has a good HB build. He combines plus quickness with great balance, outstanding strength, and a real mean streak. He rarely goes down on first contact, he runs angry, and he finishes with authority. He also has the quickness to make guys miss in the back-field and in the open-field. Kelly only has solid overall speed, but he has good burst. In the passing game, he's a very dangerous receiver due to the sharpness of his routes and cuts and his soft hands (as well as his ability to make people miss and break tackles in space). His pass protection needs work, but he doesn't lack the strength or willingness. He looks to punish people when blocking, but he needs to learn how to use his hands better, stop ducking his head into blocks, stay square to defenders, and be more patient. I expect him to learn quickly in the NFL. Overall, he has the potential to be a three-down HB and a very dangerous receiver in the passing game.

Round 5 Pick #23 - Micah Kiser ILB Virginia

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL0myY0x42E

Analysis: Kiser fills a need for us behind Cushing as a thumper ILB. Kiser has been an incredibly productive LB at UVA posting 393 tackles, 33.5 TFLs, 19 sacks, and 8 FFs in his 3 years as a starter. Kiser has some athletic limitations that will severely limit his M2M coverage ability in the NFL, but he's a capable zone defender. His straight-line speed is below average, but he's a physical banger in the running game who will bring it on every play. He's a smart player with plus instincts who will attack blockers, play through the whistle, and lay the lumber. Kiser plays angry with a non-stop motor. He seems like the type of kid who will his way onto the field in the NFL. He has his limitations, but he'll carve out a role in the NFL.

Round 6 Pick #21 - Scott Quessenberry C/OG UCLA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTrruoBYB0o

Analysis: Scott Quessenberry is a guy whom I've liked for years. He has the versatility to play anywhere on the interior, good size at 6'5" 315, and a lot of experience as a starter. Athletically, he's pretty average all around, but he's a smart player with good technique who will play through the whistle. His brother, David, overcame cancer to return to the NFL. Scott seems like a kid who could end up starting for us at Center down the line.

Round 7 Pick #7 - Brett Toth OT Army

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slHlORcQodQ

Analysis: Brett Toth stood out at both the E-W Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl in a big way. Measuring in at 6'6" 303 pounds with 33 inch arms and 10 inch hands, Toth has all the dimensions of a NFL OT. After playing in a triple-option offense, Toth impressed with his pass protection skills in the off-season bowl games. Toth can also get after it in the running game. On top of that, Toth is graduating from Army with a degree in Physics. Originally recruited as a Tight End, Toth added weight and ended up at RT for Army helping them to back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in quite awhile. You must be asking yourself, "Why is a such a smart and gifted player with LT traits falling this far in the Draft?" Toth has to serve two years in the military before he can play in the NFL. Last year, the DOD change the rules to prevent athletes from getting waivers allowing them to play immediately in the NFL. It's possible the DOD could change its mind and grant Toth an exception, but it seems unlikely. Due to that, any team that drafts him must wait two years for him to play.

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
XWR: Sammy Watkins
ZWR: Robert Woods
SLWR: Cooper Kupp
TE: Gerald Everett
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan
RG: Jamon Brown
RT: Rob Havenstein

SDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Tim Settle
DT: Aaron Donald
WOLB: Robert Quinn
WILB: Alec Ogletree
SILB: Brian Cushing
SOLB: Connor Barwin
LCB: Marcus Peters
RCB: Aqib Talib
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: John Johnson III

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Love it! I was looking at us trading down with the Jets for 2nd (37) 3rd (72), it actually works out to exactly 760 which is our 1st for those that worry about the trade value chart and they still have a 2nd (49). I was then going to target either Settle or Harrison Phillips. I really like the last three picks, I've targeted all in past mocks.

Are you planning on Griffin being an ILB for Wade? I know you love him I just haven't seen much from him other than the Senior Bowl. If your plan is OLB then not sure I resign Barwin. I know he's Wade's guy but with resigning him and Longacre and keeping Quinn that's a whole lotta OLB on the roster, that's my only negative though. I realize Price is a 7th round pick last year but we would have Quinn, Barwin, Griffin, Okowronko (I like this kid too), Ebukam and Price. I guess Price, Sickels, Thompson and Lynch would be gone which isn't really a negative I'm thinking after typing that out.

Ram65

Legend
Don't like Cushing and without his PEDs. That a big drop from Barron. Not thrilled with Barwin either.

Both Watkins and Sullivan seem low which I think I commented on before.

I like the draft a lot.

With 2 New CB and the return of everyone except TruJo in the defensive backfield Rams fill a need and get a solid player up the middle. Only 20 Settle can get much better as you stated. Improving the run defense is a must and he can still get pressure up the middle.

Very interesting video. He does look explosive. Worth the pick with potential.

Has some nice quick shifty moves. Good quickness. Looks like he can catch out of the backfield too. The right type to compete for a backup roll and even be on the field with TG at the same time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What's not to like? John Kelly would be a great pick up, but I believe he'll be a Giant because a colleague at work surname is Kelly and he named his son John, so he believe it's destiny that he'll be a Giant....Anyway I would like a developmental Tackle a tad earlier, but the trades are realistic and let's just hope the Browns have another target in the first round.

nighttrain

Legend
Well, we might be waiting for awhile to see what the Peters trade compensation is, so I'll just put this out and guess. I was originally going to try and do this mock without putting Talib or Shaquem Griffin in (was going to have Malcolm Butler at CB and Vander Esch being our top pick), but the Peters trade has changed that.

Cut
WR Tavon Austin
ILB Mark Barron

I don't see anyone trading us anything for Austin. Barron played well for us, but we can find a better fit for our scheme at a cheaper price.

Re-Sign/Extend
CB Troy Hill - ERFA
HB Malcolm Brown - ERFA
OLB Matt Longacre - RFA

Trumaine walks. We bring Sammy back on a three-year $30 million deal. It's a win-win for Sammy and us. Other than that, it's pretty standard.

Free Agency

Cushing joins the Rams on what is basically a "prove it" deal. He played for Wade in Houston, so Wade knows him well. However, Cushing missed most of the 2017 season with another PED suspension, and he's slowing with age. However, he still has the size and strength to step in besides Ogletree and help us improve against the run.

Trade
Rams trade Round 3 Pick #23, Round 6 Pick #20, 2019 Conditional 3rd Round Pick, and 2019 5th Round Pick

Well, it's going to happen. We'll see what we give up. In this scenario, the conditional 3rd becomes a 2nd if Peters makes the Pro Bowl and a 1st if Peters makes the All Pro team.

The Broncos will likely have to cut him, so they take what they can get here. We get Talib on a two-year $19 million deal with no guaranteed money left.

It makes sense for the Browns to be aggressive. It makes sense for us to recoup some picks. The Browns need CB help, and it looks like there will be some good CB options available at Pick #23. This draft comes out almost perfectly on the trade value chart.

NFL Draft

Analysis: At 6'3" 335 pounds, Settle certainly has the sort of size that you expect out of a 3-4 NT. However, Settle's size isn't his only redeeming feature. He moves and plays like a DT who is 30 pounds lighter. Settle is explosive off the ball with great agility for his size and a lot of energy. His motor is highly impressive out of such a big guy. He combines the strength you expect out of a 330+ pound NT with the explosiveness you expect out of a 295 pound UT. Settle is still young at 20 years old, declared after his sophomore year, and is still raw. He needs to learn how to use his hands better as a pass rusher, he needs to play with better leverage in the running game, and he needs to show better awareness when it comes to blocking schemes. Nevertheless, Settle shows the ability win quickly with an arm-over swim move, he often forces teams to double him in the running game, and he's willing to chase players to the sideline. His potential is through the roof. He's been compared to Vince Wilfork, but I really like Jamal Williams as a comparison, who thrived in Wade's scheme (two All Pros in three years). The great thing about Wade's scheme is that he'll let Settle attack instead of forcing him to read and react, which isn't Settle's forte at this point in his career. Settle is exactly the type of player we need inside and is a perfect fit for this scheme. Plus, he'll have the opportunity to work with Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers. I can't think of a better duo to learn from as a young DL.

Analysis: Many people have Griffin rated as a Day 3 pick, and some even have him rated as a 7th round pick or UDFA. Personally, I think this is similar to the disrespect Aaron Donald was given throughout his senior season before he blew up at the Senior Bowl. Donald's size scared teams. Griffin's missing hand also likely scares teams. However, after the Senior Bowl and Combine, it was clear that Donald's size issues were overblown. I expect the same to be true with Griffin after the Combine. He already had a great Senior Bowl week and won Practice Player of the Week. I expect him to dominate at the Combine by posting great jump and agility numbers and running a 40 in the 4.45 to 4.55 range. Griffin checks in at 6'0" 222 with surprising power and elite burst/speed. Griffin closes like few can at the LB position. He's been a highly-effective pass rusher because of his ability diverse set of rush moves and evolved pass rush plan along with his elite speed and quickness off the edge. He doesn't have the size to hold up as an edge, but he should be an effective blitzer. Griffin has had plenty of snaps in coverage and shows the athleticism to handle M2M coverage responsibilities in the NFL. In the running game, he's a sideline-to-sideline LB who will sift through traffic to make TFLs. He can also close from the backside due to his incredible speed. Despite his small stature, Griffin has shown the ability to work off of and through blockers. Griffin's missing hand can limit him at times. It can make it harder for him to disengage from blocks and can cause him to miss tackles. However, Griffin's unique blend of elite speed for his position along with top-notch instincts means that the tackles he generally misses due to his hand are tackles that few other LBs would have been in a position to make. Griffin is a film room junkie who went as far as to put his mattress in there during camp. It shows in his play through his tremendous instincts, tendency to be in the right place at the right time, and his evolved pass rush plan. Simply put, if Griffin had two hands, I think he'd be considered one of the top players in the Draft. His game reminds me of Lavonte David and Deion Jones.

Analysis: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo shared Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year with Malik Jefferson after posting 75 tackles, 17 TFLs, and 8 sacks in 2017. In 2016, he posted 71 tackles, 12 TFLs, and 9 sacks. Okoronkwo played a role at Oklahoma that is fairly similar to the one he'd be playing for the Rams. Oklahoma dropped him in coverage quite a bit but also asked him to rush the passer and set the edge against the run. Okoronkwo thrived in all three areas. In the NFL, he would offer similar versatility. Why is he not going higher in the Draft? It's possible he does if he has a strong Combine, but his size (6'1" 245) and his limitations as a pass rusher might drop him in the Draft. While Okoronkwo is very quick and explosive, he doesn't really show the great bend and dominant edge rushing ability or the power and heavy hands needed to be an impact NFL pass rusher. Instead, he wins with his quickness, smarts, and balance. His go-to move right now is a spin move. He shows sophisticated pass rush plans and uses his hands well, but there are legitimate questions as to whether he can get consistent pressure. Still, he's a physical player with a great motor, his versatility, and the athletic traits to be a solid NFL OLB and a great special teamer. There is potential for him to be a good pass rusher if he continues to develop his hand usage, pass rush plans, and power, but it's not guaranteed.

Analysis: John Kelly might be the most underrated HB in this Draft. He was unlucky enough to play on a Tennessee team that couldn't run block or throw the ball. It reminded me of Todd Gurley last year. He was constantly hit behind the LOS and rarely had a decent running lane. This is a guy who ran for more yardage last year than Alvin Kamara on less carries. Kelly Jr. doesn't have Kamara's speed, but like Kamara, I expect him to be a much better pro than college player. At 5'9" 210, Kelly has a good HB build. He combines plus quickness with great balance, outstanding strength, and a real mean streak. He rarely goes down on first contact, he runs angry, and he finishes with authority. He also has the quickness to make guys miss in the back-field and in the open-field. Kelly only has solid overall speed, but he has good burst. In the passing game, he's a very dangerous receiver due to the sharpness of his routes and cuts and his soft hands (as well as his ability to make people miss and break tackles in space). His pass protection needs work, but he doesn't lack the strength or willingness. He looks to punish people when blocking, but he needs to learn how to use his hands better, stop ducking his head into blocks, stay square to defenders, and be more patient. I expect him to learn quickly in the NFL. Overall, he has the potential to be a three-down HB and a very dangerous receiver in the passing game.

Analysis: Kiser fills a need for us behind Cushing as a thumper ILB. Kiser has been an incredibly productive LB at UVA posting 393 tackles, 33.5 TFLs, 19 sacks, and 8 FFs in his 3 years as a starter. Kiser has some athletic limitations that will severely limit his M2M coverage ability in the NFL, but he's a capable zone defender. His straight-line speed is below average, but he's a physical banger in the running game who will bring it on every play. He's a smart player with plus instincts who will attack blockers, play through the whistle, and lay the lumber. Kiser plays angry with a non-stop motor. He seems like the type of kid who will his way onto the field in the NFL. He has his limitations, but he'll carve out a role in the NFL.

Analysis: Scott Quessenberry is a guy whom I've liked for years. He has the versatility to play anywhere on the interior, good size at 6'5" 315, and a lot of experience as a starter. Athletically, he's pretty average all around, but he's a smart player with good technique who will play through the whistle. His brother, David, overcame cancer to return to the NFL. Scott seems like a kid who could end up starting for us at Center down the line.

Analysis: Brett Toth stood out at both the E-W Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl in a big way. Measuring in at 6'6" 303 pounds with 33 inch arms and 10 inch hands, Toth has all the dimensions of a NFL OT. After playing in a triple-option offense, Toth impressed with his pass protection skills in the off-season bowl games. Toth can also get after it in the running game. On top of that, Toth is graduating from Army with a degree in Physics. Originally recruited as a Tight End, Toth added weight and ended up at RT for Army helping them to back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in quite awhile. You must be asking yourself, "Why is a such a smart and gifted player with LT traits falling this far in the Draft?" Toth has to serve two years in the military before he can play in the NFL. Last year, the DOD change the rules to prevent athletes from getting waivers allowing them to play immediately in the NFL. It's possible the DOD could change its mind and grant Toth an exception, but it seems unlikely. Due to that, any team that drafts him must wait two years for him to play.

Projected Starters

love everything about this, great draft. Kelly and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo especially
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love it! I was looking at us trading down with the Jets for 2nd (37) 3rd (72), it actually works out to exactly 760 which is our 1st for those that worry about the trade value chart and they still have a 2nd (49). I was then going to target either Settle or Harrison Phillips. I really like the last three picks, I've targeted all in past mocks.

Are you planning on Griffin being an ILB for Wade? I know you love him I just haven't seen much from him other than the Senior Bowl. If your plan is OLB then not sure I resign Barwin. I know he's Wade's guy but with resigning him and Longacre and keeping Quinn that's a whole lotta OLB on the roster, that's my only negative though. I realize Price is a 7th round pick last year but we would have Quinn, Barwin, Griffin, Okowronko (I like this kid too), Ebukam and Price. I guess Price, Sickels, Thompson and Lynch would be gone which isn't really a negative I'm thinking after typing that out.

Griffin will be an ILB. As a rookie, he'll play some OLB and a lot of special teams, but the plan will be for him to compete with Kiser for Cushing's job.

Both Watkins and Sullivan seem low which I think I commented on before.

I like the draft a lot.

Sullivan couldn't find a starting job before last year and was playing for basically the NFL minimum. He's old and has a long list of injuries. If he wants a bunch of money, we can replace him. As for Watkins, if anything, I'm overpaying him on potential. He produced like a WR who makes $7 million per year in 2017. This deal offers him good money, the opportunity to get a big third contract by hitting FA again in his prime, and it protects us. If Watkins wants to stay, I don't see us paying him $13 million per year to do so. He didn't do enough last year to earn it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I like everything but the Brian Cushing pick. Nice job.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Love Settle in the middle since we probably can't have Payne or Vea.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Cut
WR Tavon Austin
ILB Mark Barron

Re-Sign/Extend
CB Troy Hill - ERFA
HB Malcolm Brown - ERFA
OLB Matt Longacre - RFA

Free Agency

Trade

NFL Draft

Projected Starters

Great work Jrry! Like it all, " Now we'll see how much it Changes, after the Combine!!"(y);):D

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't Cushing retire?

Like Settle a lot, good stuff as always!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, shit, lure him out of retirement. We need a thumper.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Big no on Cushing. Big no. I read that it isn't likely that the Raiders let Bowman get away. He turned their linebacker corps around. Supposedly Tennessee can't afford to resign Avery Williams. He would be my first choice after Bowman, only because Bowman may be cheaper. If both options are off the table I read that Jacksonville may part with Pozluzny. He isn't as athletic as the others but he is instinctive and never makes mistakes. He can fill gaps and help Ogletree with schemes.

One interesting thing I have noticed with all of the mocks is that I see only two players released. It's nice to have a good roster for a change.

In the draft and traded take it all. I like the players and where they are picked. It makes sense. If they get Okoronkwo in round 4, I'll be doing back flips. He is one player that I feel fits this team and seems to be underrated. I am not high on Kiser. I love the Toth pick. Love it.

One thing I would have liked is a good young corner to develop. You know I like D. Phillips but you may have to take him in round two or three. It's rare to check all of the boxes in one draft though, so like I said, I'd be happy with this draft.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big no on Cushing. Big no. I read that it isn't likely that the Raiders let Bowman get away. He turned their linebacker corps around. Supposedly Tennessee can't afford to resign Avery Williams. He would be my first choice after Bowman, only because Bowman may be cheaper. If both options are off the table I read that Jacksonville may part with Pozluzny. He isn't as athletic as the others but he is instinctive and never makes mistakes. He can fill gaps and help Ogletree with schemes.

I'd like Williamson too, but we couldn't afford him in this mock.

One thing I would have liked is a good young corner to develop. You know I like D. Phillips but you may have to take him in round two or three. It's rare to check all of the boxes in one draft though, so like I said, I'd be happy with this draft.

With a CB group of Peters, Talib, NRC, Webster, Hill, and Peterson, it seemed like a better idea to me to wait until 2019.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
This mock is close to 2 months old. It's been updated a couple of times since this mock.

Gotcha Oldschool... I was a bit confused but it makes sense now.. Hey I'm slow but I catch up fast. I probably should've looked at the dates. A lame oversight on my part..

comic-text-speech-bubble-pop-art-oops-lettering-comics-book-balloon-icon-phrase-cartoon-exclusive-font-label-tag-expression-sound-95829623.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotcha Oldschool... I was a bit confused but it makes sense now.. Hey I'm slow but I catch up fast. I probably should've looked at the dates. A lame oversight on my part..

comic-text-speech-bubble-pop-art-oops-lettering-comics-book-balloon-icon-phrase-cartoon-exclusive-font-label-tag-expression-sound-95829623.jpg

I've got a new one coming out later today. Patience, my friend. ;)