Jrry32 Post-FA Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know what plans the Rams have from here in FA, and I won't worry about that. I am only focusing on the Draft in this mock.
Trades
Rams trade Round 1 Pick #23 and Round 4 Pick #35
Browns trade Round 2 Pick #4 and Round 2 Pick #32

The Browns are looking for a CB to pair with T.J. Carrie. It looks likely that there will be a CB run near the end of the 1st, so the Browns trade up to land Josh Jackson or Jaire Alexander, both of whom are great fits for GW's scheme. Trader Les continues to be active, especially with Harold Landry going before Pick #23.

NFL Draft
Round 2 Pick #4 - Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8XIc9WLYOI

Analysis: Dallas Goedert is a tremendously productive TE from a small school. Some will ask, "Why not Mike Gesicki?" Gesicki is a great talent. I would compare him to Jimmy Graham. However, my perception is that McVay wants more of an inline TE to pair with Gerald Everett, who will play the Jordan Reed role. Regardless, I still rank Goedert over Gesicki. Why? Gesicki looks like a future elite receiving TE, but he's a poor blocker. Goedert has the ability to be a great receiving TE and a great blocking TE. I'd compare him to Travis Kelce. At 6'5" 256 pounds with 34 inch arms and 10 inch hands, Goedert possesses ideal dimensions for the position. As a blocker, Goedert has the length and strength to bully corners, handle LBs, and hold his own against DLs. Goedert uses his hands well, demonstrates great leg drive, and plays with a real mean streak. He needs to do a better job of rolling his hips into blocks instead of bending because it causes balance issues, but Goedert already appears to be a quality run and pass blocker on tape. He could become great as he polishes his technique. As a receiver, Goedert shows the athleticism to win at all three levels. He has the speed to climb over the top, and he has the agility to separate underneath. As it stands now, Goedert's route running needs polish, as he tends to give defenders hints by leaning before breaking and needs to clean up his route footwork. Nevertheless, he's a very dangerous receiving threat on more linear routes at this point in time (drags, intermediate and deep overs, fades, posts, corners, etc.). Goedert's hands and body control are tremendous. He has shown the ability to make incredible catches. He does suffer from a concentration drop every now and then, but he'll win in traffic and is a major red-zone threat. He's the type of TE whom you can split out and throw fades to in the red-zone. All in all, as Goedert polishes up his game, he has the potential to be a 1000+ yard 10+ TD threat as a receiver while helping out in a major way in the running game. He is my #1 TE in this class.

Round 2 Pick #32 - Tim Settle NT Virginia Tech

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt8RjWeQNzw

Analysis: At 6'3" 335 pounds, Settle certainly has the sort of size that you expect out of a 3-4 NT. However, Settle's size isn't his only redeeming feature. He moves and plays like a DT who is 30 pounds lighter. Settle is explosive off the ball with great agility for his size and a lot of energy. His motor is highly impressive out of such a big guy. He combines the strength you expect out of a 330+ pound NT with the explosiveness you expect out of a 295 pound UT. Settle is still young at 20 years old, declared after his sophomore year, and is still raw. He needs to learn how to use his hands better as a pass rusher, he needs to play with better leverage in the running game, and he needs to show better awareness when it comes to blocking schemes. Nevertheless, Settle shows the ability win quickly with an arm-over swim move, he often forces teams to double him in the running game, and he's willing to chase players to the sideline. His potential is through the roof. He's been compared to Vince Wilfork, but I really like Jamal Williams as a comparison, who thrived in Wade's scheme (two All Pros in three years). The great thing about Wade's scheme is that he'll let Settle attack instead of forcing him to read and react, which isn't Settle's forte at this point in his career. Settle is exactly the type of player we need inside and is a perfect fit for this scheme. Plus, he'll have the opportunity to work with Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers. I can't think of a better duo to learn from as a young DL. If Settle isn't available here, I'd draft Derrick Nnadi.

Round 3 Pick #23 - Jeff Holland OLB Auburn

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkzzTPeHBpQ

Analysis: You may not have heard of Jeff Holland as he only has one year of starting experience, but he made the most of that year by posting 45 tackles, 13 TFLs, 10 sacks, and 4 FFs in his only year starting in the SEC. What stood out to me while watching Holland is all of the stats that won't show up on the box score. I don't know if I've seen another guy in this class who pressures the QB as much as Holland. Watching his bowl game against UCF, he pressured the QB on almost every single passing play. At 6'1" 249 pounds with 33.5 arms and 10.5 hands, Holland has very long arms and big hands for his size. He definitely fits the mold of a 3-4 OLB. Holland uses his long arms and big hands to win consistently as an edge rusher. He has some of the most polished hand usage and sophisticated pass rush plans in this class. Holland actually has taken martial arts training to improve his hand fighting ability. As it stands now, his go-to moves are the two-handed swipe and the rip and run. Holland consistently wins off the edge by using his advanced hand usage, outstanding punch timing, natural leverage, and polished body positioning to thwart the attempts of tackles to push him past the pocket. Holland's powerful lower body and great balance also allow him to flatten out when turning the corner and prevent OTs from riding him past the QB. Young pass rushers should watch Holland's film to learn how to use their inside arm to soften the edge. Simply put, Holland won't be a workout warrior and doesn't have the prettiest looking body, but he wins as a pass rusher with technical skill, football IQ, heavy hands, power, balance, and tenaciousness. He actually posted comparable production to Carl Lawson, who posted 8.5 sacks as a rookie with the Bengals in 2017. As a run defender, Holland uses his natural leverage, power, and advanced hand usage to set a hard edge. He has some tightness in his lower body which limits his ability to drop into coverage and prevents him from reaching his full potential as a finisher and as a run defender in space, but Holland is a tenacious pass rusher who should drive NFL QBs crazy with his constant pressure.

Round 4 Pick #11 - Tegray Scales ILB Indiana

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78bZeo8OqcE

Analysis: Tegray Scales has been a tremendously productive LB for Indiana with 214 tackles, 36.5 TFLs, 13 sacks, and 3 Ints over the past two years. At 6'0" 230 pounds with nearly 31 inch arms and 9 inch hands, Scales is on the small side for a 3-4 ILB. However, Scales plays the game with a ferocious brand of physicality and a real mean streak. While his timed speed is nothing special, Scales plays fast and absolutely flies to the football. There are times when Scales knows where the play is going before the ball is even snapped. It is clear that he invests a lot of time into film review. He is rarely in the wrong spot, he rarely takes false steps, and he is always around the football. In coverage, Scales is adequate but not elite. He doesn't possess overly fluid hips and is a bit stiff in his backpedal. Nevertheless, he looks better in man coverage because of his short-area quickness and instincts. Scales truly shines as a run stopper and a blitzer. As a blitzer, he times his blitzes incredibly well, uses his hands to fight off blocks, and is relentless in his pursuit of the QB. As a run stopper, Scales is fearless taking on blockers and flies to the football. Scales is a bit limited by his short arms and lack of size. This makes it difficult for him to come unglued once OLs latch onto him. However, he's a strong and physical players who will stack up blocks and tenaciously fight to get off blocks. I've seen him stand up and fight off Billy Price. He also has absolutely no fear when it comes to meeting pullers and lead blockers in the hole. Scales is undersized, but he loves to bang and finds the ball quickly. Scales looks like he's shot out of a cannon once he determines where the ball is going. He does need to do a better job of bringing his feet with him as a tackler, as he'll miss tackles at times by coming in a little too hot, but he brings bad intentions when he hits, and guys usually go down quickly.

Round 6 Pick #2 - Jack Cichy ILB Wisconsin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTirt1ZQFI4

Analysis: Cichy is just a really good football player. The problem for him is his injury history. He missed all of 2017 with a torn ACL, and he missed half of the 2016 season with a torn pectoral muscle. However, I think it's worth the risk because he's a Day 2 talent on tape. Cichy is a very smart and sound football player who possesses good athleticism for his size. At 6'2" 238 pounds with solid arm length, Cichy has the dimensions of a NFL ILB. While Cichy won't overpower blockers, he is quite adept at slipping blocks due to his advanced hand usage and agility. He sifts through traffic well, plays with consistent gap integrity, and tackles well, even in space. Cichy also reads his keys well and rarely takes false steps. The thing that stands out the most is Cichy's ability to close when he gets a path to the runner. He may not run a 4.4 40, but he plays fast. As a blitzer, Cichy is highly effective due to his outstanding anticipation of the snap count and his hand usage when rushing the passer. He puts a lot of pressure on the QB when used on A-gap blitzes. His cover skills are good; although, he's a better zone defender than man defender. Cichy also has that sort of annoying style that gets into the heads of offensive players. He plays through the whistle, is constantly buzzing around opposing players, and has a non-stop motor. All in all, Cichy checks all the boxes and should contribute in the NFL if he stays healthy. He'll be great depth at ILB and can contribute on special teams.

Round 6 Pick #9 - Will Clapp C/OG LSU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ4BEvAQzcY

Analysis: Will Clapp started at OG for his first two seasons before moving over to Center this year for LSU. Clapp is an average athlete, but he's an experienced and durable player who can play any position on the interior. At 6'5" 311 pounds, Clapp has the size to play inside in the NFL, but he does have short arms (31.25 inches). Clapp has the skill-set to be an effective Center for us down the line and could fill in as a starter if Sullivan suffers an injury. Clapp has good power with nice leg drive in the running game, and he's quite effective at blocking on the move and in space. He has strong hands and really latches on in both the running and passing games. He's an extremely smart player who is capable of helping his QB out by reading the defense pre-snap, recognizing pressure looks, and making sure the OL is on the same page. Clapp is a consistent and reliable player from snap to snap. However, he does play a little too tall, he doesn't have special movement skills, and he can be exploited by long-armed defenders. The good news for us is that Kromer's scheme does a lot to help out the Center. The most important attributes for Centers in our scheme are intelligence, reliability (especially with assignments), and the ability to block on the move and in space. These are all strengths of Clapp's. He offers us immediate depth with starting potential down the line.

Round 6 Pick #20 - Greg Senat OT Wagner

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhYEq9vwIlE

Analysis: Greg Senat is a ball of clay for Aaron Kromer to mold. He'll get to start off as a swing OT for us, which is for the best for Senat. It'll allow him to bulk up and get stronger. Senat was arguably the best OT on the field during the E-W Shrine Game and surprised a lot of evaluators with how quickly he improved and caught on. Senat's film at Wagner is uneven. He's a very raw OT who needs to get stronger, but his smoothness, length, and overall athleticism are easy to see on tape. Senat started his career at Wagner on the basketball team and didn't join the football team until after his sophomore year. Thus, it is understandable that he's raw and needs to get stronger because he only has two years of football experience at a small school. Still, Senat has starting OT potential down the line, and we have one of the best OL Coaches in the game to develop him. At 6'6" 305 pounds with nearly 35 inch arms and 10 inch hands, Senat has all the dimensions of a starting NFL OT, and nobody doubts his movement skills. He's a worthwhile project. Desmond Harrison is another name worth keeping in mind as a project OT in the 6th round.

Round 6 Pick #21 - Phillip Lindsay HB Colorado

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lpqc99k9-I

Analysis: Phillip Lindsay's nickname is the "Tasmanian Devil" because of his endless energy, toughness, and refusal to let his size limit him. At 5'7" 185 pounds, Lindsay is definitely undersized, but that didn't stop him from rushing for 2726 yards and 30 TDs over the past two seasons at Colorado. He also caught 76 passes during that time. Lindsay is a fearless pass protector who will stonewall edge rushers despite his small stature. He saved his QB from a number of hits in college. He's actually been compared to Chris Thompson by some, and there's validity to the comparison. Lindsay is small with good speed (4.39 40 at his Pro Day), great pass protection skills, and good pass-catching skills. He won't break a lot of tackles as a runner, but he'll get what's blocked. He has the potential to be a valuable HB on passing downs.

Round 6 Pick #24 - David Bright OL Stanford

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN6mBX7oemo

Analysis: David Bright lives up to his name. He's a very intelligent player with great intangibles who started at all every spot on the OL for Stanford except Center. However, he practiced at Center and was capable of playing the position if needed. Bright started at LT in 2017 after being Stanford's starting LG in 2016. At 6'5" 307 pounds with 33 inch arms and 10 inch hands, Bright has the length to play OT in the NFL. He also has enough athleticism to stick outside. However, I'd be drafting Bright as a utility OL in the short term and as a guy to develop to compete with Clapp as our future Center. Bright has a higher center of gravity than you'd expect from most Centers and isn't overly powerful, so he might struggle a bit with the power of great nose tackles, but Bright has the athleticism, length, and football IQ to really thrive in the position. In our scheme, he's a great fit because the Center is rarely asked to drive block. Instead, his job is typically blocking on the move. Bright blocks well in space and on the second level, he pulls well, and he does a nice job when zone blocking. Bright doesn't get much push when power blocking, but he uses angles and positioning well to wall his man off. As a pass blocker, Bright needs to improve his punch timing on the interior as he tends to be late with it. As a tackle, Bright is athletic enough to do the job, but he'd struggle with the elite edge rushers who have the ability to both beat him with speed and overpower him. All in all, I see a kid who can be a backup for every position on our OL and possibly develop into a starting Center down the line while being a positive influence in the locker-room and a guy who will push others in practice.

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
WR: Robert Woods
WR: Cooper Kupp
TE: Gerald Everett
TE: Dallas Goedert
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan
RG: Jamon Brown
RT: Rob Havenstein

SDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Tim Settle
DT: Aaron Donald
WOLB: Matt Longacre
WILB: Mark Barron
SILB: Tegray Scales
SOLB: Samson Ebukam
LCB: Marcus Peters
RCB: Aqib Talib
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: John Johnson III

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Trading out of the 1st round to grab a guy from a small school?
Bobby Beathard, is that You? ;)

I'm not real high on the idea of taking another TE that early in the draft. The learning curve for TEs just seems to be a long one.

Ram65

Legend
It's good you are not estimating cost of contracts. ;)

Dallas Goedert

At 6'3" 335 pounds, Settle certainly has the sort of size that you expect out of a 3-4 NT.

This would be a pleasant surprise. Don't know if Settle last that long. Goedert could be special but, would McVay take another TE early? I like the LBer heavy draft. Let them compete and they will play well on special teams.

This Cincy guy is interesting. Part of an article on his pro day 7 months after a clean ACL surgery. Like his instincts and movement from the inside.
https://www.landof10.com/wisconsin/...ck-cichy-pro-day-torn-acl-knee-excels-workout

Cichy then went out and ran the pro agility drill in 4.19 seconds, the 3-cone drill in 6.88 seconds and registered a vertical leap of 33½ inches. His pro agility drill time would have ranked fourth among linebackers at the NFL combine, and his 3-cone drill would have been tied for fifth.

Slaven compared Cichy to Miami Dolphins linebacker Kiko Alonso and Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly for their instincts and sideline-to-sideline ability. Alonso is 6-foot-3 and 233 pounds, while Kuechly is 6-3 and 238 pounds. Cichy measured 6-2â…› and 238 pounds at the combine.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like every pick but Goeddert. Small school guy that high turns me off. It’s a huge jump to the NFL.

I really like Holland in round 3. He’s someone I have been looking at recently.

I really like Scales there too.

Besides Goeddert this draft would be great.

…..

Legend
Not sure McVay would trade down two years in a row for a 2nd round TE

His pride would dictate he turns last years 2nd round TE the right TE

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like every pick but Goeddert. Small school guy that high turns me off. It’s a huge jump to the NFL.

I really like Holland in round 3. He’s someone I have been looking at recently.

I really like Scales there too.

Besides Goeddert this draft would be great.

That seems like a hollow criticism, my friend. Our leading receiver in 2017 was a rookie from a small school. Even if it takes him a year, he has the potential to be one of the NFL's biggest match-up nightmares.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure McVay would trade down two years in a row for a 2nd round TE

His pride would dictate he turns last years 2nd round TE the right TE

The two TEs would work in concert. It would allow McVay to use Everett like Jordan Reed (more of an oversized WR) while having a big target who can block inline and make plays in the red-zone. IMO, that's what he was after with Tyler Eifert.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That seems like a hollow criticism, my friend. Our leading receiver in 2017 was a rookie from a small school. Even if it takes him a year, he has the potential to be one of the NFL's biggest match-up nightmares.

My wife was rushing me out the door while I posted this. I’ll go further.

After taking a Small school TE with the Rams top pick last year and considering how it is not an autiomatic transition for that one( Everett), and with Higbee and Hemingway on the roster, another first pick being a TE seems like overkill.

I’ll admit to not knowing much of Goeddert. I haven’t checked him out yet. I guess if he could be a John Witten level of good then it would help the team. But he is D3 isn’t he?

As for our leading receiver, you know I loved Kupp. I went so far as to say he was worthy of a first round selection last winter. I liked him as much as you did., maybe better. I wanted the Rams to pick him in round 2, instead of risking him being gone by their third pick. One thing you had with Eastern Washington was tape against some top corners, and Kupp was very successful against some of the corners regarded as the best in D1.

Mainly for a two man position, it is a lot of investment in consecutive years, with a bit of gamble, again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My wife was rushing me out the door while I posted this. I’ll go further.

After taking a Small school TE with the Rams top pick last year and considering how it is not an autiomatic transition for that one( Everett), and with Higbee and Hemingway on the roster, another first pick being a TE seems like overkill.

I’ll admit to not knowing much of Goeddert. I haven’t checked him out yet. I guess if he could be a John Witten level of good then it would help the team. But he is D3 isn’t he?

As for our leading receiver, you know I loved Kupp. I went so far as to say he was worthy of a first round selection last winter. I liked him as much as you did., maybe better. I wanted the Rams to pick him in round 2, instead of risking him being gone by their third pick. One thing you had with Eastern Washington was tape against some top corners, and Kupp was very successful against some of the corners regarded as the best in D1.

Mainly for a two man position, it is a lot of investment in consecutive years, with a bit of gamble, again.

SDSU is FCS. And FWIW, Goedert had a huge game against TCU in 2016. He can be Witten great.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Round 4 Pick #11 - Tegray Scales ILB Indiana

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78bZeo8OqcE

Analysis: Tegray Scales has been a tremendously productive LB for Indiana with 214 tackles, 36.5 TFLs, 13 sacks, and 3 Ints over the past two years. At 6'0" 230 pounds with nearly 31 inch arms and 9 inch hands, Scales is on the small side for a 3-4 ILB. However, Scales plays the game with a ferocious brand of physicality and a real mean streak. While his timed speed is nothing special, Scales plays fast and absolutely flies to the football. There are times when Scales knows where the play is going before the ball is even snapped. It is clear that he invests a lot of time into film review. He is rarely in the wrong spot, he rarely takes false steps, and he is always around the football. In coverage, Scales is adequate but not elite. He doesn't possess overly fluid hips and is a bit stiff in his backpedal. Nevertheless, he looks better in man coverage because of his short-area quickness and instincts. Scales truly shines as a run stopper and a blitzer. As a blitzer, he times his blitzes incredibly well, uses his hands to fight off blocks, and is relentless in his pursuit of the QB. As a run stopper, Scales is fearless taking on blockers and flies to the football. Scales is a bit limited by his short arms and lack of size. This makes it difficult for him to come unglued once OLs latch onto him. However, he's a strong and physical players who will stack up blocks and tenaciously fight to get off blocks. I've seen him stand up and fight off Billy Price. He also has absolutely no fear when it comes to meeting pullers and lead blockers in the hole. Scales is undersized, but he loves to bang and finds the ball quickly. Scales looks like he's shot out of a cannon once he determines where the ball is going. He does need to do a better job of bringing his feet with him as a tackler, as he'll miss tackles at times by coming in a little too hot, but he brings bad intentions when he hits, and guys usually go down quickly.
Really like the Trade and the Draft Jrry, But instead of Scales in the 4th I think Micah Kiser - Virginia - 6ft 2/240 would be better, he's a Thumper! Or do you just think he won't be there when we pick!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Browns are looking for a CB to pair with T.J. Carrie. It looks likely that there will be a CB run near the end of the 1st, so the Browns trade up to land Josh Jackson or Jaire Alexander, both of whom are great fits for GW's scheme
Totally plausible.
I think the CB run could be where #23 is a hot commodity, however I am hoping its a team looking to trade back in to get Rudolph or Jackson. Seems that when the trade involves a QB the price goes up....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Trading down to get a TE would straight-up P!$$ me off. Would not surprise me, since we do have a head coach with an offensive bent, but IMO it's critical the organization demonstrate to their elite DC that they are committed to finishing up his defensive rebuild.

As to what McVay wants at TE, it's someone who can stretch the seam from the position while Everett utilizes what they drafted him for: his ability to get yards after contact on underneath stuff. Higs is a solid blocker now, he developed very nicely in that aspect last year. Where he failed was stretching the seam, due to his iffy @$$ hands and inability to make contested catches. In camp they were running deep routes to him like crazy and he caught a lot of them, but it just didn't translate. So make no mistake here, that Gesicki is a ridiculously nice fit with what McVay wants.

So my fear is they go after him at 23, which will be even more aggravating to myself than moving down and taking a TE.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Nice draft, love that you go TE early. In all honesty I dont know that player but I will take your word for it as I know you have done the work. Im a big Settle, Cinchy and Senat fan.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trading down to get a TE would straight-up P!$$ me off. Would not surprise me, since we do have a head coach with an offensive bent, but IMO it's critical the organization demonstrate to their elite DC that they are committed to finishing up his defensive rebuild.

As to what McVay wants at TE, it's someone who can stretch the seam from the position while Everett utilizes what they drafted him for: his ability to get yards after contact on underneath stuff. Higs is a solid blocker now, he developed very nicely in that aspect last year. Where he failed was stretching the seam, due to his iffy @$$ hands and inability to make contested catches. In camp they were running deep routes to him like crazy and he caught a lot of them, but it just didn't translate. So make no mistake here, that Gesicki is a ridiculously nice fit with what McVay wants.

So my fear is they go after him at 23, which will be even more aggravating to myself than moving down and taking a TE.

Everett will not be the guy blocking inline, and Gesicki won't do it. Goedert can get deep and push people around in the running game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everett will not be the guy blocking inline, and Gesicki won't do it. Goedert can get deep and push people around in the running game.

I'm confident that Everett will make a lot of strides in the blocking department next year. That's a big piece of the equation and one of the reasons these dudes struggle so much in year one.

Not sure what Gesicki will or won't do down the line. He looks like a complete TE to me, but as always with these guys there's a load of projecting involved.

But either way a TE early is something I hope we don't see. It will be hard to get behind that when I see the quality of defensive players goin off the board thereafter.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm confident that Everett will make a lot of strides in the blocking department next year. That's a big piece of the equation and one of the reasons these dudes struggle so much in year one.

Not sure what Gesicki will or won't do down the line. He looks like a complete TE to me, but as always with these guys there's a load of projecting involved.

Gesicki is a poor and unmotivated blocker. He does the bare minimum in that department.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gesicki is a poor and unmotivated blocker. He does the bare minimum in that department.

Yes but it's common for a guy with his receiving skills to not be expected to develop in that way. Simply admitting I don't know to what extent he'll rectify that at the NFL level, but I am sure that is something any team that takes him will require him to work on.

Few of these guys are going to come into the NFL and excel at blocking. It's usually the part of their game that needs the most work.

With Gesicki he does have some potential to show in year one if he is used in the pattern primarily, but I think it's dangerous to expect any TE to impact quickly. Which is why I'll be irritated if McVay prioritizes his offense when the defensive players are not only a higher need, but have better quality at 23 and probably even after a small move down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes but it's common for a guy with his receiving skills to not be expected to develop in that way. Simply admitting I don't know to what extent he'll rectify that at the NFL level, but I am sure that is something any team that takes him will require him to work on.

Few of these guys are going to come into the NFL and excel at blocking. It's usually the part of their game that needs the most work.

With Gesicki he does have some potential to show in year one if he is used in the pattern primarily, but I think it's dangerous to expect any TE to impact quickly. Which is why I'll be irritated if McVay prioritizes his offense when the defensive players are not only a higher need, but have better quality at 23 and probably even after a small move down.

Okay, but we can count on Goedert to block. And he's a premier talent as a receiver. I also have doubts about Gesicki ever blocking because he doesn't have the mindset.

I won't be irritated if we sign Suh.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

But either way a TE early is something I hope we don't see. It will be hard to get behind that when I see the quality of defensive players goin off the board thereafter.
Hey! Merlin and Jrry32 are going at it like ...

thEKZ6Y2A8.jpg