Jrry32 Post FA Mock Draft - 3/25/13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In this mock, I'm going to assume that the Panthers take Tavon Austin, Jarvis Jones goes before our pick and someone snags Warmack just to change things up. I am not doing trade downs in this mock. Here's what I would personally do:
NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #16 - Cordarrelle Patterson WR/RS/HB Tennessee
ncf_u_cpattts_600.jpg

Explanation: I don't care that Patterson is raw, he's a big WR with explosive speed, freaky movement skills and has the ability to be an excellent route runner if he works at it. If he is coachable and has a strong work ethic, he could be one of if not the best WR in the league.

Round 1 Pick #22 - Jesse Williams NT Alabama
jesse-williams.jpg

Explanation: This might have caught you guys off guard but I figured why not? Lets take a chance on the extremely talented and massive Aussie. Williams needs to keep his pad level down and needs development on his pass rush moves but he'd be a major addition for our rush defense next to Brockers.

Round 2 Pick #16 - Giovani Bernard HB North Carolina
giovanibernardvirginiatechvnorthcarolinanzs8bq0jhyml.jpg

Explanation: This play should sum it up: <a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8615235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8615235</a>

Round 3 Pick #16 - Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia
bacarri_rambo.jpg

Explanation: Rambo offers a play-making coverage safety. We could always use a guy who can force some turnovers and make some plays as a center-fielder in our secondary.

Round 4 Pick #16 - Tyrann Mathieu CB/S/PR LSU
10-Tyrann_Mathieu.jpeg

Explanation: Taking a chance on a playmaker here that could contribute at CB, Safety and on special teams. Hopefully Cortland will be able to mentor him and help him turn things around. Still, worth the risk in the 4th round.

Round 5 Pick #16 - Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State
100812-gerald-hodges-400.jpg

Explanation: Good sized LB with good instincts and athleticism. Can't argue with LB U.

Round 6 Pick #16 - Earl Watford OG James Madison
watford_earl_actionjmu_jpg.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Explanation: Taking a shot on a small school kid with good athleticism and technique. Could stand to add a few pounds and improve functional strength but has ability and upside at OG. Lets see if Coach Bou can coach him up.

Round 7 Pick #16 - TJ Moe WR Missouri
tj-moe_from-facebook.jpg

Explanation: Why not take a chance on another scrappy, quicker than fast WR? Need depth at WR and maybe he becomes something more than depth.

Projected Starting Line-up
QB: Sam Bradford
HB: Giovani Bernard(3 headed monster with D-Rich and Pead)
FB: Lance Kendricks
SE: Brian Quick
FL: Chris Givens
SL: Cordarrelle Patterson(could possibly earn the SE role over Quick)
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Jake Long
LG: Rokevious Watkins
C: Scott Wells
RG: Harvey Dahl
RT: Rodger Saffold

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Jesse Williams
RDT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Gerald Hodges
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SLB: Jo-Lonn Dunbar
LCB: Cortland Finnegan
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: Trumaine Johnson
FS: Bacarri Rambo
SS: Darian Stewart

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: John Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Cordarrelle Patterson
PR: Tyrann Mathieu

Just thought it would be entertaining if I changed things up some with so many mocks recently being similar. Thoughts?

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I think a lot of us forget that we have one of the best receiver coaches in Sherman. so I think any of these receivers can be electric.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Love Giovani Bernard and IMO the Panthers go Patterson over Austin just because right now so many are hung up on size at the WR spot and IMO that will play out on draft day, but overall I would be pleaed with that draft.

Williams pick is intriguing because I am wondering if an OLB like Brown slips would the Rams go there? And thank you once again as you provide excellent hors d'oeuvres before the 25th of April! As to Tyrann Mathieu I love the kid, but will the Rams have trepidations with the recent development of Johnson?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I can get on board w/ Cordarrele Patterson, but not on Jesse Williams. Dude is a 3-4 NT. He can be an option for the Saints or Steelers. Besides, I don't want 2 developmental raw guys in the 1st. This and next year are the Rams' oppurtunity to get impact rookies and help win now and for the future rather than just the future.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
I can get on board w/ Cordarrele Patterson, but not on Jesse Williams. Dude is a 3-4 NT. He can be an option for the Saints or Steelers. Besides, I don't want 2 developmental raw guys in the 1st. This and next year are the Rams' oppurtunity to get impact rookies and help win now and for the future rather than just the future.

Rams should always be doing their best to maximize their picks in my opinion. Plus...was Michael Brockers supposed to be an "impact rookie"?

Angry Ram

jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:

Rams should always be doing their best to maximize their picks in my opinion. Plus...was Michael Brockers supposed to be an "impact rookie"?

I think so. It's more scheme wise than anything. He's a perfect 3-4 NT.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:

I think he's just as good if not a better fit at 4-3 NT.

Angry Ram

jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:

I think he's just as good if not a better fit at 4-3 NT.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree here.

I think they'll go offensive skill posistions early and often.