Jrry32 Post-FA Letdown Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's more about the Ravens draft board at that point.
Looks like they're going to get the fifth position player where they are now. If Newsome's guy is there and he feels the player is going to be elite the Rams gonna have to pay a cover charge. That one player might be worth more than an a drop down out of elite level even the with the bonus 2nd and 3rd.

If his guys are gone he would be much easier to deal with.

Browns might be better target.

Eh, I have a feeling either Jacksonville or Baltimore will be willing to move down.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thank you @jrry32 this will make me sleep better tonight...Unlike Senator Rubio I don't care if Goff has small hands adding Boyd and then big Nick Martin would bring a smile to this Ram fans face and that would be prior to sipping on some AnCnoc Cutter.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
At this point, if we got either Wentz or Goff for anything less than a king's ransom, I'll be tickled pink.

I just don't see it. Would be thrilled, just don't see it.

Cleveland getting Kaep, if that happens, most certainly doesn't take them out of the QB hunt especially with a Hue as HC who knows he'll need a QB to survive and he can't bet his career on Kaep.

I think the draft is deep enough defensively that teams will feel okay with trading out of those top picks for a bevy of picks in this draft.

I wasn't wrong about JJ and I don't think I'm gonna be wrong about the QBs.

What may really stink is I may be wrong about it and Goff could fall to the 9ers @ #7 because Snisher won't trade up for a QB (they studied it, don't ya know...)

TexasRam

Legend
I would be thrilled with Goff at 6 but I think there is zero chance he makes it to 6.

This is one of the few drafts that I feel we have to sell the farm and make our move to the top 3.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
We get goff, that's really all that matters to me. The rest is just icing. I think we trade up with Dallas though since kroenke is buds with Jerry. Will only cost us a future 1st and a mid rounder. But however it works out....goff is the answer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We get goff, that's really all that matters to me. The rest is just icing. I think we trade up with Dallas though since kroenke is buds with Jerry. Will only cost us a future 1st and a mid rounder. But however it works out....goff is the answer.

I don't think Jerry wants to trade down. I think he wants to take Buckner or Zeke.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I don't think Jerry wants to trade down. I think he wants to take Buckner or Zeke.
Maybe not, but he might also want the rams to get a new QB to get more seats and viewers watching the rams on tv so he can make some more money. Also they have the trade history with us trading back from 4 to 12 or whatever it was(my memory isnt good atm). But I think we can work out a deal with them, and if not, the Ravens seem always prepared to trade back and like to, thats why im fine if we do that, as long as we get goff ofc. Whatever works is fine with me as long as he ends up a ram.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe not, but he might also want the rams to get a new QB to get more seats and viewers watching the rams on tv so he can make some more money. Also they have the trade history with us trading back from 4 to 12 or whatever it was(my memory isnt good atm). But I think we can work out a deal with them, and if not, the Ravens seem always prepared to trade back and like to, thats why im fine if we do that, as long as we get goff ofc. Whatever works is fine with me as long as he ends up a ram.

He was willing to speak out for the better stadium proposal, rather than have a lame stadium with two AFC teams be the choice. Seriously, it was stupid to have two AFC teams try to split the LA market. But I somehow doubt that Jones is going to give away draft assets of the Cowboys to help the Rams. If the trade offers were basically the same, that'd be one thing. To pass up on a player he wants, for less value in trade down than he could get from another team - not a chance.

Of course, I think there's a good chance that the Cowboys want a QB, since their season was wrecked by their aging, expensive QB having multiple major injuries. Jones knows how important a QB is to marketing for his franchise - and in the end, that is what matters to him.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He was willing to speak out for the better stadium proposal, rather than have a lame stadium with two AFC teams be the choice. Seriously, it was stupid to have two AFC teams try to split the LA market. But I somehow doubt that Jones is going to give away draft assets of the Cowboys to help the Rams. If the trade offers were basically the same, that'd be one thing. To pass up on a player he wants, for less value in trade down than he could get from another team - not a chance.

Of course, I think there's a good chance that the Cowboys want a QB, since their season was wrecked by their aging, expensive QB having multiple major injuries. Jones knows how important a QB is to marketing for his franchise - and in the end, that is what matters to him.
Im not saying he'd do it if he didnt feel the value wasnt good enough for him, just saying that he'd try hard to work something out that works for both teams. He could still trade up after the trade back and grab Lynch and sit him for a few years(which he needs) and groom him for Romo's replacement. Lots of different options and ways this draft could go. Hell, they could take Ramsey if available, or Bosa, or another option. Or wait till round 2 for a QB. We can only guess.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-cowboys-wont-draft-qb-with-no-4-overall-pick

nighttrain

Legend
Only thing i saw that surprised me just a little was no Scooby Wright in this draft, thot U really were high on him
train

jjab360

Legend
Am I the only one who's not really that dissapointed in FA so far? Every year, we always take a stab at getting one of the big name FAs and it always turns out to be a disappointment. Then we get a small name FOJF FA that everyone overlooks like Garrett Reynolds or William Hayes and they end up making the bigger impact. I'm fine with skipping the former and focusing on the latter this year.

The only disappointment to me so far has been losing Mcleod tbh.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd be more upset in the loss of McLeod if we didn't have Mo Alexander and Christian Bryant waiting in the wings.

Heck, the only reason we were able to keep our stable of young DBs together, CBs and Safeties, is that enough went on IR so none got poached from our PS.

Bryant had a slightly rocky start and then really started to come on. Frankly, as much as I like McLeod, I think Bryant can be better...maybe significantly better.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I the only one who's not really that dissapointed in FA so far? Every year, we always take a stab at getting one of the big name FAs and it always turns out to be a disappointment. Then we get a small name FOJF FA that everyone overlooks like Garrett Reynolds or William Hayes and they end up making the bigger impact. I'm fine with skipping the former and focusing on the latter this year.

The only disappointment to me so far has been losing Mcleod tbh.

I'm disappointed that we've shown no interest in getting a veteran WR and lost a couple key starters.

More disappointed we lost Jenkins than McLeod.

Only thing i saw that surprised me just a little was no Scooby Wright in this draft, thot U really were high on him
train

Ogletree is playing Mike so no reason to draft one any more.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
This would be a great draft. Im a big fan of Goff. Boyd, Doctson, or Treadwell are the kinds of WRs this team needs. All have excellent hands with great ball skills to move the chains.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I would love this outcome.

I want Goff, but I'm really worried about the teams at the top of this draft.

Cleveland takes a QB.

But... Does a team like SF try to jump ahead of them to get the first choice? The Cowboys or Eagles could try to move up too.

If we want to go up, I doubt San Deigo will deal with us. Which makes the Cowboys, Jags, and Ravens spots everyone without a QB will be trying to get into... If someone doesn't deal with Tennessee first.

I definitely try to do a deal with Dallas before Baltimore.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
im in the QB or bust category so im happy with this

this is another reason I love this I know zero about draft suspects (used to watch some college ball a few years ago but life got in the way) and then you see players like this vitale kid .looks impressive to me

thanks for this @jrry32

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Thank you @jrry32 this will make me sleep better tonight...Unlike Senator Rubio I don't care if Goff has small hands adding Boyd and then big Nick Martin would bring a smile to this Ram fans face and that would be prior to sipping on some AnCnoc Cutter.

So he is your top choice at qb?
he is definitely mine.I want accuracy over big arm anyday

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So he is your top choice at qb?
he is definitely mine.I want accuracy over big arm anyday

I do like Wentz better, but Goff is a close second and I feel definitely worth a trade up.