Jrry32 Post-Cooks Trade Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would do back flips if this was our draft.

But - I just don't think Griffin makes it out of the late 2nd round. Hope I'm wrong or I hope the Rams trade up to get him.

I also think Holland doesn't last that long. It might only be one year, but having production like that in the SEC gets scouts attention.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would do back flips if this was our draft.

But - I just don't think Griffin makes it out of the late 2nd round. Hope I'm wrong or I hope the Rams trade up to get him.

I also think Holland doesn't last that long. It might only be one year, but having production like that in the SEC gets scouts attention.

I'm basing it off the current draft rankings, but in my next mock, I can change it up and assume both are off the board.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Great draft as usual, I just happen to believe Holland will be gone here. I'm also in the camp thinking Griffin slides due to his handicap. Love the Geron Christian pick-up. Don't imagine the Rams NOT drafting a Safety as our depth is pretty weak here and we could still lose Joyner to free agency following the season. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
NFL Draft

Round 3 Pick #23 - Shaquem Griffin ILB/OLB UCF:unsure:
Round 4 Pick #11 - Jeff Holland OLB Auburn:wow:
Round 4 Pick #13 - Geron Christian OT Louisville:yess:
Round 5 Pick #23 - Hercules Mata'afa OLB Washington State:cautious:
Round 6 Pick #2 - Jack Cichy ILB Wisconsin:yay:
Round 6 Pick #9 - Tony Adams C/OG N.C. State(y)
[Round 6 Pick #20 - Phillip Lindsay HB Colorado:)

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I am not a Griffin fan in the 3 rd most scouts predict him in the 4th. Sure everyone loves his speed our new DBs are great - we had a problem holding the edge last year in the run game to me a priority this year. Especially in a 3/4. The middle we are great but the edges having Griffith trying to hold up the edge when he weighs 224 that is crazy. We need someone that is20 lbs heavier minimumly. I like him maybe in the 4th.

The LT prospects are ridiculously thin this year. Everyone keeps pushing Crosby he projects out to be RT

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd be "all in" for this draft. Be stoked if it fell this way. Love Griffin, not sure of the fit. I am already on record that I think Geron could be a great find.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not a Griffin fan in the 3 rd most scouts predict him in the 4th. Sure everyone loves his speed our new DBs are great - we had a problem holding the edge last year in the run game to me a priority this year. Especially in a 3/4. The middle we are great but the edges having Griffith trying to hold up the edge when he weighs 224 that is crazy. We need someone that is20 lbs heavier minimumly. I like him maybe in the 4th.

The LT prospects are ridiculously thin this year. Everyone keeps pushing Crosby he projects out to be RT

Griffin isn't playing on the edge on running downs.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Griffin isn't playing on the edge on running downs.

He is bwing projected as a OlB rush lb in the NFL. More to my point if he was an ILB how is he going to handle big backs up the middle.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is bwing projected as a OlB rush lb in the NFL. More to my point if he was an ILB how is he going to handle big backs up the middle.

He's not a rush OLB. How is he going to handle big backs? Like any other LB handles big backs.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I like your OL picks. Guys with that many starts is a good sign, usually.

I'm just not sold on Griffin. Prefer Armstrong Jr.

We need to draft a safety as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'll tell you this, you won't see Armstrong Jr. in any of my mocks. I don't like his skill-set.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Griffin would be moved around by Wade. I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade up into the 2nd to snag him. Guy is a damn good football player with the athleticism to back it up.

On 1st downs we already have our "run defense" OLBs - Longacre and Ebukam. No matter who we draft at OLB this year, they're likely to rush the passer. Almost all of the rush OLBs are undersized, so initially they aren't going to be asked to do too much.

As for the run defense - we got gashed up the middle last year. We solved that by adding Suh and dumping Ogletree, who was one of the worst run defending linebackers in the league.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't understand how someone could not be sold on Griffin. He has the tape, the dedication and the athleticism and strength.

We don't "need" to draft a safety. The coaching staff gave Countess plenty of burn last year, so they must like him, and obviously we're set with the starters, and then they seemed to like Christian too. We can bring a safety into camp as an UDFA.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Holland may even go higher than where we pick in the 3rd, as other posters have already said. And I am so nervous taking a one-handed OLB with our highest pick, if Holland is still there I would have a hard time taking Griffin over him.
But, mercy, that speed... that spin move... and he can bend the edge or just blow by a LOT still trying to get his feet set. He wasn't AAC DPOY for nothing. I worry he wouldn't be able to counter punch G's & T's but with his speed, it almost doesn't matter. One one-handed counter move & it's over. I've seen a lot of spin moves get washed out by OT's, but they will HAVE to respect Griffin's speed around the edge, leaving them vulnerable to spins.
And even with one hand he's getting PBU's and swats at the LOS. Can run with WR's or TE's. He's smart & can do loops & stunts, that one up the middle, crimminy he's so fast that you leave a gap at the LOS for a second & he'll rocket through it.
But Holland is such a solid OLB, can fight through double-teams with his hand usage, making him a great 3-down OLB. I didn't see him make any PBU's on the highlights, & I'm no draft expert, so he might come out in 3rd & longs. in every other aspect though he's solid, smart, and would mop up any RB or QB running away from the Mob in the middle. He'd be such a great fit for us, I don't see how we pass on him if he's still there.
So if both Holland & Griffin are there at rnd 3 #23.... :giveup:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I don't understand how someone could not be sold on Griffin. He has the tape, the dedication and the athleticism and strength.

We don't "need" to draft a safety. The coaching staff gave Countess plenty of burn last year, so they must like him, and obviously we're set with the starters, and then they seemed to like Christian too. We can bring a safety into camp as an UDFA.

Joyner has been franchised and could be looking at a big payday next season. 3 OL, Cooks, etc., in order to protect themselves in case Joyner commands too much $$, drafting a good safety prospect (with starter potential) would be wise.

Countess may have logged some time, but as a viable option to take over the starting job? He didn't get the call when Joyner was hurt last year, and the guy who did is gone. I think it's a good idea to bring in somebody.

As for Griffin, I'm just not confident he can hold up to NFL blockers like he did in college. I understand that this is a devisive player amongst posters here, so I'm not gonna get into a big debate. He's gonna get his chance to play somewhere, and we will see how it goes. It's not like I wish him any ill will.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Heck, I've posted before the reason they keep Allen around is because they want Goff to think he has large hands.
Yeah but actually Goff does have substantially larger hands than your average Joe, but please keep believing the nonsense good sir :LOL:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice job @jrry32.

Only pick that I'm lukewarm on is Christian, who's a bit soft on film but when you look at the OTs who the Rams will be able to get as projects it's iffy as F so I suppose he'd be a solid pick there.

I'd take that draft.

Analysis: Phillip Lindsay's nickname is the "Tasmanian Devil" because of his endless energy, toughness, and refusal to let his size limit him. At 5'7" 185 pounds, Lindsay is definitely undersized, but that didn't stop him from rushing for 2726 yards and 30 TDs over the past two seasons at Colorado.

Lindsay is this year's "Patriots" fit on offense. Have to think he's a bit higher on their board than most other teams.