Jrry32 New OC Mock Off-Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, we finally know who the OC is which definitely clears up the scheme questions. This mock also assumes that Tampa Bay opts not to trade Mike Glennon.
Restructure
Sam Bradford - 2 years $17 million

Released
Jake Long OT
Kendall Langford DT
Scott Wells C
Eugene Sims DE
Isaiah Pead HB
Total Cap Room: $29.0 million

Re-signed Players
Kenny Britt - 4 years $20 million($5 million first year)
Mike Person - 1 year $745,000
Cory Harkey - ERFA($645,000)
Rodney McLeod - RFA($1.4 million - Original Round)
Total Cap Spent: $7.8 million
Total Cap Room: $21.2 million

Free Agency
Leger Douzable DT
med_gallery_5331_85_72722.jpg

2 years $3 million($1.5 million first year)

Douzable is a rotational DT that can step into the run stuffer role and is even capable of playing some DE if needed.

Rodney Hudson C
rodney-hudson.jpg

5 years $37.5 million($6 million first year)

Only 25 years old and considered one of the best young Centers in the league. Time for the Rams to get the Center spot upgraded and unlike Wells, Hudson isn't being signed right before he hits the decline. Chiefs have to pay Houston first so that gives us a shot.

Michael Roos OT
roos_20121223181505493_600_400.JPG

2 years $6 million($3 million first year)

This is assuming that Roos's health checks out. He comes in as a player that will compete for the starting RT job and serve as a swing OT. He played for Fisher for a very long time in Tennessee.

John Conner FB
4934511827_aeefcd30ea.jpg

1 year $1 million

Kendricks departs via FA for a starting job elsewhere so we decide to move Harkey to TE full time in Kendricks's old role and bring in John Conner to play FB for us.

Trades
St. Louis trades 1st round #10
San Diego trades 1st round #17 and 2nd round #16

St. Louis trades 2nd Round #9
Philadelphia trades 2nd Round #20 and 4th Round #20

St. Louis trades HB Zach Stacy
Indianapolis trades 6th round #29

St. Louis trades 7th round #31 and Conditional 2016 7th
Chicago trades QB David Fales

San Diego needs to build up its OL and covet LT Andrus Peat so they opt to trade up to #10 with him available.

Philadelphia doesn't move up for Mariota but they choose to move up into the early 2nd to grab one of the WRs or pass rushers that fall out of the first round.

Indianapolis seems to like power HBs and they have multiple 6th round picks. Stacy is good at grinding out yardage and should fit in well with their HB stable.

Rams don't like the FA QBs or the second tier QBs in the draft so they opt to trade for Fales who Chicago is willing to part with after the regime that drafted him left.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #17 - Brandon Scherff OG Iowa

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9Hq4bdFY0

Analysis: I have serious doubts about Scherff's ability to be a quality OT at the next level but I think he can be an elite OG. He's an incredible run blocker with a serious mean streak that plays through the whistle. Guy can be one of the best OGs in the NFL.

Round 2 Pick #16 - A.J. Cann OG South Carolina

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlwRR2-tr_w

Analysis: Some are saying Cann will go first round but I think he'll fall further than expected because OGs that lack elite measurables and power tend to be under-drafted. Cann isn't going to standout athletically at the Combine but he's a really talented OG with a bright future ahead of him as he develops his pass pro technique.

Round 2 Pick #20 - Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXhGywZOeIc

Analysis: This is the man that will compete with Michael Roos for the starting RT job. Williams is an exceptional run blocker with great power at 6'5" 335 and reliable technique. He sustains his blocks and uses angles well. As a pass protector, he doesn't have elite range but he uses his length well and shouldn't be a liability as he improves his technique and leverage in the NFL.

Round 3 Pick #9 - Josh Robinson HB Mississippi State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f05pZn-Fi1s

Analysis: Some disagree with my opinion that we should draft a HB but while I like Tre and think Bennie is serviceable in his role, I really would love to use the depth and talent of this draft to get a game changer. Robinson can be that. He has the hands and ability as a blocker to be a 3 down HB. As a runner, he refuses to go down. He has great balance, is extremely well built in the lower body, a low center of gravity, and a very powerful leg drive. He reminds me of prime Maurice Jones-Drew.

Round 4 Pick #20 - DeAndre Smelter WR Georgia Tech

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4F9XJ0Wua0

Analysis: Smelter is a project at WR but if he had not torn his ACL late in the year, I'd endorse him as a 1st round pick. He's a lot like DeMaryius Thomas(although he's not the jump ball WR that Thomas was). Guy is built like a tank at 6'3" 230 but is surprisingly agile and fast which makes him a terror after the catch. Only played football for two years after his baseball career at GT was ended by a shoulder injury. What I love about him is already bullies DBs with his size and strength despite being new to the game. Love that mindset in a WR.

Round 5 Pick #20 - Donald Celiscar CB Western Michigan

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTJAbl2cbRM

Analysis: Makes me think of E.J. Gaines because he's EXTREMELY productive, experienced, and natural in coverage but is being underrated due to measurables. Great feet and hips, drives on the football extremely well, good ball-skills, willing in run support, and anticipates routes well. But he's a tad undersized and lacks great straight-line speed. Underrated player.

Round 6 Pick #29 - Derrick Lott DT Tennessee-Chattanooga

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLEmK07gPTU

Analysis: Sushi raw player with some motor and character concerns but extremely athletic and powerful. Does a terrible job of playing with leverage and doesn't use his hands well at this point in time but he's often able to overwhelm competition with his quickness, balance, and power. Has a lot of upside and fits what Waufle seems to value physically in his DTs.

Round 6 Pick Comp - Taylor Heinicke QB Old Dominion

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oGVS4K2SA

Analysis: We take a shot on a QB to develop behind Bradford and Fales...at least until next year. Heinicke impressed me with his ball placement, instinctual ability to find passing lanes, and willingness to climb the pocket. However, he's short(6'1") and lacks a great arm. I think he has a lot in common with Chase Daniel but he's more athletic and has a slightly stronger arm. He's really surprising in how mobile and athletic he is.

Starting Line-up
QB: Sam Bradford
HB: Tre Mason
FB: John Conner
XWR: Brian Quick
ZWR: Kenny Britt
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Brandon Scherff
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Michael Roos

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Aaron Donald
RDT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SPUR: Mark Barron
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Bennie Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin

On top of our starting five, our depth is:
Utility - Barrett Jones
OG - A.J. Cann
OT - Daryl Williams
C - Demetrius Rhaney
Utility - Mike Person

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well, we finally know who the OC is which definitely clears up the scheme questions. This mock also assumes that Tampa Bay opts not to trade Mike Glennon.
Restructure
Sam Bradford - 2 years $17 million

Released
Jake Long OT
Kendall Langford DT
Scott Wells C
Eugene Sims DE
Isaiah Pead HB
Total Cap Room: $29.0 million

Re-signed Players
Kenny Britt - 4 years $20 million($5 million first year)
Mike Person - 1 year $745,000
Cory Harkey - ERFA($645,000)
Rodney McLeod - RFA($1.4 million - Original Round)
Total Cap Spent: $7.8 million
Total Cap Room: $21.2 million

Free Agency
Leger Douzable DT
med_gallery_5331_85_72722.jpg

2 years $3 million($1.5 million first year)

Douzable is a rotational DT that can step into the run stuffer role and is even capable of playing some DE if needed.

Rodney Hudson C
rodney-hudson.jpg

5 years $37.5 million($6 million first year)

Only 25 years old and considered one of the best young Centers in the league. Time for the Rams to get the Center spot upgraded and unlike Wells, Hudson isn't being signed right before he hits the decline. Chiefs have to pay Houston first so that gives us a shot.

Michael Roos OT
roos_20121223181505493_600_400.JPG

2 years $6 million($3 million first year)

This is assuming that Roos's health checks out. He comes in as a player that will compete for the starting RT job and serve as a swing OT. He played for Fisher for a very long time in Tennessee.

John Conner FB
4934511827_aeefcd30ea.jpg

1 year $1 million

Kendricks departs via FA for a starting job elsewhere so we decide to move Harkey to TE full time in Kendricks's old role and bring in John Conner to play FB for us.

Trades
St. Louis trades 1st round #10
San Diego trades 1st round #17 and 2nd round #16

St. Louis trades 2nd Round #9
Philadelphia trades 2nd Round #20 and 4th Round #20

St. Louis trades HB Zach Stacy
Indianapolis trades 6th round #29

St. Louis trades 7th round #31 and Conditional 2016 7th
Chicago trades QB David Fales

San Diego needs to build up its OL and covet LT Andrus Peat so they opt to trade up to #10 with him available.

Philadelphia doesn't move up for Mariota but they choose to move up into the early 2nd to grab one of the WRs or pass rushers that fall out of the first round.

Indianapolis seems to like power HBs and they have multiple 6th round picks. Stacy is good at grinding out yardage and should fit in well with their HB stable.

Rams don't like the FA QBs or the second tier QBs in the draft so they opt to trade for Fales who Chicago is willing to part with after the regime that drafted him left.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #17 - Brandon Scherff OG Iowa

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9Hq4bdFY0

Analysis: I have serious doubts about Scherff's ability to be a quality OT at the next level but I think he can be an elite OG. He's an incredible run blocker with a serious mean streak that plays through the whistle. Guy can be one of the best OGs in the NFL.

Round 2 Pick #16 - A.J. Cann OG South Carolina

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlwRR2-tr_w

Analysis: Some are saying Cann will go first round but I think he'll fall further than expected because OGs that lack elite measurables and power tend to be under-drafted. Cann isn't going to standout athletically at the Combine but he's a really talented OG with a bright future ahead of him as he develops his pass pro technique.

Round 2 Pick #20 - Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXhGywZOeIc

Analysis: This is the man that will compete with Michael Roos for the starting RT job. Williams is an exceptional run blocker with great power at 6'5" 335 and reliable technique. He sustains his blocks and uses angles well. As a pass protector, he doesn't have elite range but he uses his length well and shouldn't be a liability as he improves his technique and leverage in the NFL.

Round 3 Pick #9 - Josh Robinson HB Mississippi State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f05pZn-Fi1s

Analysis: Some disagree with my opinion that we should draft a HB but while I like Tre and think Bennie is serviceable in his role, I really would love to use the depth and talent of this draft to get a game changer. Robinson can be that. He has the hands and ability as a blocker to be a 3 down HB. As a runner, he refuses to go down. He has great balance, is extremely well built in the lower body, a low center of gravity, and a very powerful leg drive. He reminds me of prime Maurice Jones-Drew.

Round 4 Pick #20 - DeAndre Smelter WR Georgia Tech

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4F9XJ0Wua0

Analysis: Smelter is a project at WR but if he had not torn his ACL late in the year, I'd endorse him as a 1st round pick. He's a lot like DeMaryius Thomas(although he's not the jump ball WR that Thomas was). Guy is built like a tank at 6'3" 230 but is surprisingly agile and fast which makes him a terror after the catch. Only played football for two years after his baseball career at GT was ended by a shoulder injury. What I love about him is already bullies DBs with his size and strength despite being new to the game. Love that mindset in a WR.

Round 5 Pick #20 - Donald Celiscar CB Western Michigan

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTJAbl2cbRM

Analysis: Makes me think of E.J. Gaines because he's EXTREMELY productive, experienced, and natural in coverage but is being underrated due to measurables. Great feet and hips, drives on the football extremely well, good ball-skills, willing in run support, and anticipates routes well. But he's a tad undersized and lacks great straight-line speed. Underrated player.

Round 6 Pick #29 - Derrick Lott DT Tennessee-Chattanooga

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLEmK07gPTU

Analysis: Sushi raw player with some motor and character concerns but extremely athletic and powerful. Does a terrible job of playing with leverage and doesn't use his hands well at this point in time but he's often able to overwhelm competition with his quickness, balance, and power. Has a lot of upside and fits what Waufle seems to value physically in his DTs.

Round 6 Pick Comp - Taylor Heinicke QB Old Dominion

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oGVS4K2SA

Analysis: We take a shot on a QB to develop behind Bradford and Fales...at least until next year. Heinicke impressed me with his ball placement, instinctual ability to find passing lanes, and willingness to climb the pocket. However, he's short(6'1") and lacks a great arm. I think he has a lot in common with Chase Daniel but he's more athletic and has a slightly stronger arm. He's really surprising in how mobile and athletic he is.

Starting Line-up
QB: Sam Bradford
HB: Tre Mason
FB: John Conner
XWR: Brian Quick
ZWR: Kenny Britt
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Brandon Scherff
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Michael Roos

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Aaron Donald
RDT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SPUR: Mark Barron
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Bennie Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin

On top of our starting five, our depth is:
Utility - Barrett Jones
OG - A.J. Cann
OT - Daryl Williams
C - Demetrius Rhaney
Utility - Mike Person

Congrat's, good job. But you didn't do anything about our weak depth at LB! I think that's an area of need!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
icon_cheers.gif

You know why i like it Jrry. I also think Stacy to Chicago makes sense for them. They have nothing behind 29 yr old Matt Forte except Ka'Deem Carey. Carey contributed some last year but he can't carry the load if Forte misses any significant time.

I'm starting to think trade down from #10 is the way to go.
AJ Cann would be a nice bargain for us in the top of the 2nd rd. Hope he's there. I have my doubts.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
icon_cheers.gif

You know why i like it Jrry. I also think Stacy to Chicago makes sense for them. They have nothing behind 29 yr old Matt Forte except Ka'Deem Carey. Carey contributed last year but he can't carry the load if Forte misses any significant time.

I'm starting to think trade down from #10 is the way to go.
AJ Cann would be a nice bargain for us in the top of the 2nd rd. Hope he's there. I have my doubts.

Stacy to Chicago would also be a solid move.

Yea, I figured you'd be a fan. Really tried to come up with anything if Glennon and Foles were off the table...and I had nothing. Fales seemed like the best opportunity as I actually liked him last year.

Congrat's, good job. But you didn't do anything about our weak depth at LB! I think that's an area of need!!

Certainly true. Just gotta put it on the list for next year. :)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We all know that Fales doesn't have a strong arm(IMO it's average) and he's not prototypical in size(6'2"), although the Bears website lists him at 228 lbs which is not small.
I like his confidence, intelligence, accuracy and competitiveness more so than anything else... and Fisher wants competition right? David Fales would compete hard if brought into the Rams QB situation. Trust me. He won't get a real shot to do that in Chicago behind Cutler and Clausen. This kid is made for the WCO-type offense.

Fales started vs Cleveland in the final preseason game last year. His only action all year as the 3rd stringer behind Cutler.
13/24
146 yds
1 TD
INT
2 sacks

TD pass
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000385565/Q2-Holmes-32-yard-touchdown

Nice pass
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000385555/Q1-Fales-hits-Bellamy-for-32-yards

INT
http://prod.www.browns.clubs.nfl.co...ff-Fales/3035da1a-3a17-458c-8613-7abe951d2c1a

05/12/2014 - A closer look at the Bears' picks: Round 6/183 -- David Fales, QB, 6-2, 228, San Jose State...He is expected to come in and compete with Jerrod Johnson for developmental quarterback behind backup Jordan Palmer. He led the NCAA in completion percentage as a junior (.725) after transferring from junior college. He'd originally committed to Nevada but left after his freshman year because an offense that greatly utilized the running of Colin Kaepernick did not fit his skills. A big arm hasn't been his calling card, but accuracy has, and he threw for 66 touchdowns in two seasons with San Jose State. He completed 68 percent in two seasons.

--------------------------
My view: Worst case scenario is he's Austin Davis. I've seen enough of Austin Davis. Bring in someone new like Fales in addition to a rookie draft pick to compete with Bradford.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Feel the same way. Arm and height are both underwhelming but he throws a nice ball and is accurate. Worth a shot. Think he'd go in the 4th if he were in this class.

thehammer

Rookie
Titans LT Michael Roos is considering retirement.
"That's a very strong consideration for (me)," Roos said. "It has been 10 years and it's been a lot of fun, but mentally it starts taking a drain on you sometime so we'll see." Going on 33, Roos is recovering from a "variation" of microfracture surgery on his right knee

just resign Barksdale
as far as Mason ..his ypc went down in Oct-Nov and Dec not surprising for a 5'8 205 rb
Davis is very good but might also consider David Johnson of Northern Iowa. 6'1 224 .crazy talented coming out of the backfield on pass plays ...almost looks unstoppable.. draftbreakdown game vs Iowa is worth watching..Mayock also said unstoppable at senior bowl practice

think I might go Halliday or Bo Wallace at qb ..both bigger, stronger arms then Weineke. Wallace has some character issues but talented

anyway thanks for posting...

Athos

Legend
Well, it isn't a sexy offseason and is basically working up the premise of a healthy Bradford and giving him the greatest protection he's had since playing at OU.

If that's the only available option to us, I'm for it.

I still want Gurley though, as I too believe Mason isn't a full time back and may only be good for 60% of the touches.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"That's a very strong consideration for (me)," Roos said. "It has been 10 years and it's been a lot of fun, but mentally it starts taking a drain on you sometime so we'll see." Going on 33, Roos is recovering from a "variation" of microfracture surgery on his right knee

just resign Barksdale
as far as Mason ..his ypc went down in Oct-Nov and Dec not surprising for a 5'8 205 rb
Davis is very good but might also consider David Johnson of Northern Iowa. 6'1 224 .crazy talented coming out of the backfield on pass plays ...almost looks unstoppable.. draftbreakdown game vs Iowa is worth watching..Mayock also said unstoppable at senior bowl practice

think I might go Halliday or Bo Wallace at qb ..both bigger, stronger arms then Weineke. Wallace has some character issues but talented

Seen too much of Bo Wallace...will not do it. JMO. Disagree that Halliday has a stronger arm. He's in pretty much the same boat. I'd rather take the more accurate passer. Plus, Bo Wallace just doesn't show the requisite football IQ and decision making for me on the field.

Roos hasn't retired yet and I'd rather not pay out the long term money to Barksdale that I think he'll be after. He's a solid player but has some deficiencies in pass protection. If Roos opts to retire, that would obviously change what I'd do. But can't cross that bridge until we reach it.

I like David Johnson too but I was looking for more of a power runner...as Mason is the slasher in our offense.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, it isn't a sexy offseason and is basically working up the premise of a healthy Bradford and giving him the greatest protection he's had since playing at OU.

If that's the only available option to us, I'm for it.

I still want Gurley though, as I too believe Mason isn't a full time back and may only be good for 60% of the touches.

I think highly of Gurley but this is a really deep and talented HB class. And then we've also got a really talented OL class...I figured might as well make best use of both. In this case, that means going OL higher.

Plus, Josh Robinson is seriously underrated. If you haven't, check him out. I'm telling you, he reminds me so much of MJD. He's listed at 5'9" 215 but I bet he's closer to 5'7" 215. Kid is ridiculously thick in the lower body and rarely goes down on first contact. But he also displays good vision and great cutback lane recognition as well as the cutting ability to hit the backside lanes.

lockdnram21

Legend
i like the draft but i would be pissed if Fales is the best they do. i would rather take a chance on sombody in the draft

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First off Jrry I would be happy with that offseason, no doubt.

Fales is more interesting now that it seems we're going to see an offense that has more WCO type of an attack, given that he did a little time under a very knowledgeable WCO head coach. All that aside, it would not surprise me to see the Rams go with a FA if they can get one for a reasonable price. McCown I have to think is a guy they are interested in since he just got added to the front of the QB FA class most likely but not sure that they'll be able to bring him in at an affordable rate with so many teams wanting a QB. Same goes for Sanchez too, sadly. Which is why I fear they'll pursue a lesser talent like Gabbert so yeah I'd be ok with Fales if that's the direction they go for now.

To nitpick a bit I think Stacy stays around, he's more valuable to us really than rolling the dice on a 6th rounder, particularly when Snead and Fish have mentioned how unimpressed they are with the overall depth of this draft.

Also I wonder whether they are willing to move back from ten IF Cooper or White are there. I'm all for an OL heavy first day and think this roster needs it, but they've been wanting a top WR like that for some time and one could argue that they still have the ability to load OL after taking one of those two WRs at ten overall. Also there's a good chance we see a very good DE there and one could argue you can't have enough of them plus Chris Long is getting long in the tooth no pun intended. Could BPA there be more likely after they saw how shrewd it was with Donald? I don't know but it's gonna be interesting and hopefully there will be an OL there who they have ranked with the DEs and WRs at ten.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Those 3 first selections would be outstanding. Boudreau needs a tremendous amount of help here. While I would go after the best swing OT with that high 3rd pick instead of a RB. With Scherff & Cann you have the OLG post fully covered. If Saffold has any issues with that Shoulder one of those two picks can start for him on the right OG post. Rookie ORT Williams may need to start & he is no swing OT. Saffold may need to return to the ORT post until Williams is fully ready, thus letting those two rookie OG earn their pay. Good one jrry32!

just resign Barksdale

Please don't just resign Barksdale:palm:

Yes it does look like it going that way with Roos but by the time pre season gets on it way Roos could be giving his decision a second review. His rehab event on that knee is one serious burden to undertake every day...but he has been a gamer in the past & he has had very few injuries in his NFL life mater of fact he has been almost UNBREAKABLE! Roos is the perfect first UFA signing for this Boudreau OL!

If it were me I would stay in contact with Roos often & when that knee begins to hurt less & gets stronger he may just change his mind issue is that will come later. Roos does not need much time to get his head back into the game. Time will tell here on this but until I would NOT spend much on a OT Joe Barksdale & purchase another expensive long term UFA that can not pass block up to NFL needs.

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Plus, Josh Robinson is seriously underrated. If you haven't, check him out. I'm telling you, he reminds me so much of MJD. He's listed at 5'9" 215 but I bet he's closer to 5'7" 215. Kid is ridiculously thick in the lower body and rarely goes down on first contact. But he also displays good vision and great cutback lane recognition as well as the cutting ability to hit the backside lanes.

I think part of the reason he's underrated is because he's projected to run like a 4.6 40, he's not a fast guy.

His Kentucky game really impressed me though. Look at this run. Bad tackling, but still...that's power.

http://draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=255243&gif=RawDeepAdeliepenguin

T-Hawks

UDFA
Brandon Scherff is not going to be available at pick 17. He is a top ten pick.

Athos

Legend

I can see the size comparison and that thick lower body. Don't think he's as fast as MJD was in his prime though. MJ ran a 4.39 40. That's better than most WRs in the NFL. Dude would have had even better #s and less abuse on a not so shitty team like the Jags.

I do remember Robinson from one of those Ole Miss games where he busting loose for big yards and shedding tackles and then they turned it over to Bo Wallace who promptly shat the bed and lost the game for em.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First off Jrry I would be happy with that offseason, no doubt.

Fales is more interesting now that it seems we're going to see an offense that has more WCO type of an attack, given that he did a little time under a very knowledgeable WCO head coach. All that aside, it would not surprise me to see the Rams go with a FA if they can get one for a reasonable price. McCown I have to think is a guy they are interested in since he just got added to the front of the QB FA class most likely but not sure that they'll be able to bring him in at an affordable rate with so many teams wanting a QB. Same goes for Sanchez too, sadly. Which is why I fear they'll pursue a lesser talent like Gabbert so yeah I'd be ok with Fales if that's the direction they go for now.

To nitpick a bit I think Stacy stays around, he's more valuable to us really than rolling the dice on a 6th rounder, particularly when Snead and Fish have mentioned how unimpressed they are with the overall depth of this draft.

Also I wonder whether they are willing to move back from ten IF Cooper or White are there. I'm all for an OL heavy first day and think this roster needs it, but they've been wanting a top WR like that for some time and one could argue that they still have the ability to load OL after taking one of those two WRs at ten overall. Also there's a good chance we see a very good DE there and one could argue you can't have enough of them plus Chris Long is getting long in the tooth no pun intended. Could BPA there be more likely after they saw how shrewd it was with Donald? I don't know but it's gonna be interesting and hopefully there will be an OL there who they have ranked with the DEs and WRs at ten.

If Amari Cooper is there at #10, I'm not trading down. I'm racing to the podium.

Brandon Scherff is not going to be available at pick 17. He is a top ten pick.

Scherff isn't going top 10. He's not a NFL LT. Those Iowa guys ALWAYS fall and Scherff will be no exception. But I think he'll go somewhere between 10 and 20. Hard to pinpoint where...likely right around where Zack Martin was drafted last year.

I think part of the reason he's underrated is because he's projected to run like a 4.6 40, he's not a fast guy.

His Kentucky game really impressed me though. Look at this run. Bad tackling, but still...that's power.

http://draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=255243&gif=RawDeepAdeliepenguin

I think he'll run faster than a 4.6. He's a short guy that has a very choppy running style but he has burst. Will probably run around a 4.50.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think he'll run faster than a 4.6. He's a short guy that has a very choppy running style but he has burst. Will probably run around a 4.50.

Maybe. I can see the burst you're talking about but I'm concerned with his long speed. I do like him a lot though, he's impressive in a lot of areas. Not sure I'd spend a 3rd rounder on him, but I like him.