Jrry32 New Look Post-Senior Bowl Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Zay Jones sounds like Stedman - incredible college production, but flew under the radar a bit due to top speed limits. Still saddened by his loss to the Rams, he could've had a long career as Austin's complement.

Ram65

Legend
DeSean Jackson WR - 3 years $24 million

Initially, I had some concerns about Jackson coming to LA because of his reported ties to gang members. However, it genuinely seems like McVay and Jackson have a very close relationship. With Jackson being from LA, I think he'd be willing to come here if we match his best offer. He definitely offers us a nice skill-set. He put up 1000+ yards in McVay's offense this year.

Glad to see you come around so to speak on Jackson. I think he can open things up for Tavon, Todd and the rest of the offense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice work my man...Zay Jones caught everything...even a lot of eyes:heh:. I'm still waiting on the draft that has us taking Bolles the LT in the 2nd....And Jarrad Davis the LB in the 3rd.:snicker:
My first mock had Bolles, but I doubt he lasts too us now. Ramzyck might though now.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My first mock had Bolles, but I doubt he lasts too us now. Ramzyck might though now.
I saw that...Hopefully his age (24) and his experience will keep him there (top of the 2nd round). I watched a bit of Ramzyck...I see a RT...There a couple other college guys...that have the footwork necessary to play LT in the league. Can't remember their names now...not ready to play in '17, but maybe a better option going forward...Small school guys...Antonio Garcia
Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy
Height: 6-7. Weight: 302.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2017): 3-5.
1/7/17: Garcia has a great opportunity to rise at the Senior Bowl. He has the size to be a left or right tackle in the NFL. Garcia broke into the starting lineup at left tackle as a redshirt freshman and locked down the spot for the rest of his college career, minus an injury shortened 2013 season. The pass-blocking one-on-ones in Mobile will be critical for Garcia, and if he does well, he will rise up draft boards.
& Javarius Leamon
Javarius Leamon, OT, South Carolina State
Height: 6-7. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.00.
Projected Round (2017): 4-6.
1/7/17: Leamon really impressed scouts this season. Sources say that Leamon is athletic with an above-average ability to anchor against bull rushers. He is a little finesse and will need to improve his strength for the NFL, but team evaluators feel he has the potential to grow into starting left tackle. Leamon does have some learning issues and may not be a good fit for hard coaching.

Teams are giving Leamon a draftable grade in the middle rounds of the third day of the 2017 NFL Draft.
& look out for Taylor Moton
Taylor Moton, OT/G, Western Michigan
Height: 6-5. Weight: 326.
Projected 40 Time: 5.00.
Projected Round (2017): 3-4.
1/7/17: Moton was a solid offensive lineman for the Broncos the past few seasons and turned in a quality senior year at right tackle. Western Michigan has had a superb offense with a dynamic aerial attack for a few years, and Moton's pass protection contributed to that. As a sophomore, Moton played right tackle before moving to right guard as a junior. He has versatile size for the NFL and could be a player who is a valuable backup for guard or tackle early in his NFL career.
Those tackles outta Western Kentucky look good too....probably guards at the next level
http://drafttek.com/2017-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Offensive-Tackles-2017-Draft.asp
http://walterfootball.com/draft2017OT.php
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectsearch?multisearch=1&year=2017&position=OT&school=All

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw that...Hopefully his age (24) and his experience will keep him there (top of the 2nd round). I watched a bit of Ramzyck...I see a RT...There a couple other college guys...that have the footwork necessary to play LT in the league. Can't remember their names now...not ready to play in '17, but maybe a better option going forward...Small school guys...Antonio Garcia & Javarius Leamon & look out for Taylor Moton Those tackles outta Western Kentucky look good too....probably guards at the next level
http://drafttek.com/2017-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Offensive-Tackles-2017-Draft.asp
http://walterfootball.com/draft2017OT.php
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectsearch?multisearch=1&year=2017&position=OT&school=All
I like Morton a lot, he'll probably be my 2nd rounder in my next mock.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like Morton a lot, he'll probably be my 2nd rounder in my next mock.

Hard for me to pick Moton when T.J. Watt is on the board. ;)

My other issue with Moton is that my FA additions usually include at least one OG. Once we add an OG, where does Moton slot in?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard for me to pick Moton when T.J. Watt is on the board. ;)

My other issue with Moton is that my FA additions usually include at least one OG. Once we add an OG, where does Moton slot in?
Still looking at things but Sign Will Beatty and have a 3 way comp in camp for LT with him, GRob and Moton. Just throwing around things in the mind it doesn't even mean I'll end up with Moton as I still have a thing for Dion Dawkins. I really don't think that we'll get Whitside from Cincy so looking at other options.

As for Watt his knees scare the hell out of me. He's been really good this year but having misses all or most of two seasons for injuries to each knee scares me big time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still looking at things but Sign Will Beatty and have a 3 way comp in camp for LT with him, GRob and Moton. Just throwing around things in the mind it doesn't even mean I'll end up with Moton as I still have a thing for Dion Dawkins. I really don't think that we'll get Whitside from Cincy so looking at other options.

I'm just not that worried about the LT spot if we get the interior OL cleaned up. I think getting an impact player at OLB will make a bigger difference.

As for Watt his knees scare the hell out of me. He's been really good this year but having misses all or most of two seasons for injuries to each knee scares me big time.

He only missed the 2014 season. He played the entire 2015 and 2016 season.(and redshirted in 2013) They never released the injury in 2013. But even if it's a torn ACL, that's not a big deal for me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just not that worried about the LT spot if we get the interior OL cleaned up. I think getting an impact player at OLB will make a bigger difference.

He only missed the 2014 season. He played the entire 2015 and 2016 season.(and redshirted in 2013) They never released the injury in 2013. But even if it's a torn ACL, that's not a big deal for me.
I'm going after Chance Warmack for the LG to compete with GRob after cutting Saffold. And signing JC Tretter or AQ Shipley for center along with spending our 6th round comp pick on Chase Roullier from Wyoming. Draft Dion Dawkins in the 2nd round, Kevin King in the 3rd round, Carroll Phillips in the 4th, Travis Rudolph in the 4th, Carrol Phillips/Devonte Fields in the 5th, Akhello Witherspoon in the 6th and Chase Roullier in the 6th and then a DT in the 7th. Plus I'm looking at trading Barron and/or Hayes to Cleveland for a 4th or 5th rounder.

Damnit now I spent my lunch hour looking over this instead of getting a bite to eat! :LOL:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going after Chance Warmack for the LG to compete with GRob after cutting Saffold.

Are you signing one of the top FA OGs?

And signing JC Tretter or AQ Shipley for center along with spending our 6th round comp pick on Chase Roullier from Wyoming.

I think incredibly highly of Tretter, but he's not an ideal fit in a PBS. I'd take him, but he made more sense in a ZBS. I'm not getting the love for AQ Shipley. PFF has had a boner for him for awhile, but NFL teams don't really like the guy. And he's not a great fit for a PBS either.

Draft Dion Dawkins in the 2nd round, Kevin King in the 3rd round, Carroll Phillips in the 4th, Travis Rudolph in the 4th, Carrol Phillips/Devonte Fields in the 5th, Akhello Witherspoon in the 6th and Chase Roullier in the 6th and then a DT in the 7th. Plus I'm looking at trading Barron and/or Hayes to Cleveland for a 4th or 5th rounder.

I didn't love Kevin King's film when I watched it. I think Witherspoon goes 4th round at the latest. And the Barron/Hayes trade sounds too good to be true for me. I really try to be careful with trades. Teams are very protective of draft picks. I try to always give us what I feel is the short-end of the stick on projected trades (where we trade a player) because we have a tendency to favor our own team.

Damnit now I spent my lunch hour looking over this instead of getting a bite to eat! :LOL:

Go eat! ;)

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
You have me 100% on the TJ Watt bandwagon. I've been going back and watching him, finding film sessions with him talking about the technique that he is using etc. He'd be a great fit for our new D.