Jrry32 New Look Post-Senior Bowl Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I decided to give you guys a mock that is very different from my last few. There are going to be some names that you recognize from past mocks, but I wanted to change things up a bit with how I handled cuts and free agency. As always, this is what I'd do as GM...not what I think the Rams will do (because I certainly can't predict that).
Cut
HB Tre Mason
TE Lance Kendricks
DE Eugene Sims
C Tim Barnes

Re-sign
K Greg Zuerlein - 3 years $7.5 million
HB Benny Cunningham - 3 years $4.5 million
DT Dominique Easley - RFA Tender
DT Louis Trinca-Pasat - ERFA Tender

Free Agency - Big Money Acquisitions
Ronald Leary LG - 5 years $40 million

We need OL help. There were rumors that Dallas was trying to trade Leary before the season. With the injury to La'El Collins, Leary stepped back into his starting spot. He was also a starter on the dominant 2014 Cowboys OL. Leary is a mauling run blocker who has the versatility to play in either a ZBS or a PBS. He's also a quality pass protector. Either ways, he's a huge upgrade on what we have.

Logan Ryan CB - 5 years $40 million

Logan Ryan is a quality #2 CB. He has outstanding ball-skills and is a versatile cover CB. Ryan also tackles well and plays the run with a lot of effort and physicality. He's able to handle both zone and man responsibilities. Ryan has been a big reason behind the Patriots success the past couple years. He stepped up when Revis and Browner departed and has provided quality play in their stead. He should pair well with Brandon Carr in Wade's scheme.

DeSean Jackson WR - 3 years $24 million

Initially, I had some concerns about Jackson coming to LA because of his reported ties to gang members. However, it genuinely seems like McVay and Jackson have a very close relationship. With Jackson being from LA, I think he'd be willing to come here if we match his best offer. He definitely offers us a nice skill-set. He put up 1000+ yards in McVay's offense this year.

Brandon Carr CB - 3 years $22.5 million

There were brief talks of Carr retiring after the Cowboys loss, but those seemed to be more reactionary than anything. Carr loves the game of football and is a high IQ player. He fits what Wade looks for in his boundary CBs (long, physical, and great at pressing). Carr played at a high level this year for the Cowboys. He has limitations, but if you use him correctly, he's a fringe #1 CB.

Free Agency - Cheaper Signings
J.J. Wilcox FS/SS - 4 years $14 million
Terrell McClain NT - 3 years $6 million
Stefen Wisniewski C - 2 years $5 million
Dekoda Watson ILB/OLB - 2 years $2 million
Sean Lissemore NT - 2 years $2 million
Louis Vasquez OG - 1 year $1 million
Dwight Freeney OLB - 1 year $1 million

NFL Draft
Round 2 Pick #5 - T.J. Watt OLB Wisconsin
Summary:
The brother of J.J. is also a very talented kid in his own right. Watt possesses a NFL frame with growth potential at 6'5" 245 and long arms. He has the strength and punch power to push tackles around along with the speed to threaten the edge. Watt uses a variety of moves to keep OLs off guard and does a nice job of finding the ball. Watt has an extremely high ceiling despite not being an overly raw player. He already shows the instincts to always be around the ball, the football IQ to understand how to attack the OL in front of him, and the Watt penchant for deflecting passes at the LOS. The comparison that springs to mind while watching him is Clay Matthews.

Round 3 Pick #5 - Isaiah "Zay" Jones WR East Carolina
Summary:
Zay Jones had a dominant Senior Bowl week and game after posting 158 receptions his senior season at East Carolina. Jones actually set the NCAA career receptions record with 399 career receptions in his four-year career. Zay is the son of former NFL LB Robert Jones, who won three Super Bowls with the Cowboys in the 90s. Zay lacks great top-end speed, but he compensates for that by being an incredible technician and catching any pass in his zip code. Zay offers two things that the Rams desperately need, route running and reliable hands. On top of that, he's 6'2" 205 with long arms; this gives him a huge catch radius.

Round 4 Pick #5 - Jon Toth C/OG Kentucky
Summary:
Toth started 48 games in his college as a four-year starter at Kentucky. He had a strong Senior Bowl week and graded out as the top offensive lineman in the Senior Bowl game according to PFF. Toth has NFL size at 6'5" 308 with 33 inch arms. Some feel that he's too tall to play Center and will be better off at OG. I disagree. I thought he did an impressive job of keeping his pad level down while firing out of his stance in college. Toth is a technically sound player who lacks dominant physical talent. He's a solid athlete with solid strength. But he more than compensates for his only solid physical tools with his great body control, polished footwork, and consistent hand use. He will not make it easy for Wisniewski to hold onto the Center job.

Round 4 Comp Pick - Ishmael Zamora WR Baylor
Summary:
Frankly, Zamora is a scummy person. He was suspended for 3 games by Baylor this year for beating his dog. That makes me sick. But the guy is also a freakish athlete. If you want the next Josh Gordon, Zamora looks like he might be that guy. He's listed at 6'4" 220, has blazing speed, attacks the ball in the air, and plays with physicality. He also runs effectively after the catch and will finish catches through contact. Crappy person but has the potential to be a dominant NFL WR with the right coaching. It won't surprise me if he moves up into the second round during the pre-draft process despite his character red flags.

Round 5 Pick #5 - Jonnu Smith TE Florida International
Summary:
Jonnu has the potential to be a Jordan Reed-like player in McVay's scheme. At 6'3" 245, Jonnu is undersized for an inline TE. However, he's a willing blocker with the strength to handle himself in the NFL. He won't be Gronkowski, but he won't be a total liability either. Where Jonnu truly shines is as a pass-catcher. Like Jordan Reed, he'll sometimes let passes into his body. However, Jonnu's hip flexibility and quickness make him potentially special. He moves and cuts like a WR. He can break tackles and create yardage after the catch too. He has a very high ceiling as a move TE.

Round 6 Pick #5 - Joshua Holsey CB Auburn
Summary:
Holsey is another guy on my list of underrated CBs. This is such a deep and talented class that a guy like Holsey can go unnoticed. Holsey had two torn ACLs in his career, so that is a concern with him. However, he has exceptionally quick feet, the speed to run with WRs deep, loose hips, and good ball-skills. He can get a little grabby at times, but as we all know, some CBs use that to their advantage (*cough* Richard Sherman). Holsey is a CB who hides it well and uses it to his advantage. Holsey handled a number of top college WRs, including Mike Williams, during his senior season at Auburn.

Round 6 Comp Pick - Joey Ivie DE Florida
Summary:
Ivie is an underrated player in this class. He's an underrated athlete with a relentless motor who has the ability to be a productive rotational interior DL at the NFL level. Ivie uses his hands well and does a nice job of stacking and shedding blocks in the run game. He's athletic enough to disrupt plays in the back-field and pressure QBs in the passing game. I think there's a strong chance that Joey Ivie's best football is ahead of him.

Round 7 Pick #5 - Marcus Rios CB UCLA
Summary:
Rios has an interesting backstory. He is a survivor. Early in his college career, Rios found out that he had a fungal infection behind his eye and beneath his brain. This infection was very rare and had killed almost every person who had it. Rios survived the infection and returned to the field for the Bruins. When I watched him, I was impressed with his movement skills and ball-skills. I'm taking a flier on him here because I think he has the athleticism and attitude to possibly develop into something down the line.

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Zay Jones vs. Ishmael Zamora vs. Mike Thomas
ZWR: DeSean Jackson
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Tyler Higbee
LT: Greg Robinson vs. Rodger Saffold
LG: Ronald Leary
C: Stefen Wisniewski vs. Jon Toth
RG: Jamon Brown vs. Greg Robinson vs. Rodger Saffold vs. Louis Vasquez
RT: Rob Havenstein

LDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Terrell McClain
RDE: Aaron Donald
LOLB: T.J. Watt
LILB: Mark Barron
RILB: Alec Ogletree
ROLB: Robert Quinn
LCB: Brandon Carr
RCB: Logan Ryan
SLCB: LaMarcus Joyner vs. Joshua Holsey vs. E.J. Gaines
FS: J.J. Wilcox vs. LaMarcus Joyner
SS: Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Damn I like the way you built the defense. That linebacking corps under Wade would be fun to watch. I like the picks you made for the offense too, though you'll catch some flack on Zamora, big risk, big reward.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I like a lot of it.

You may be right on Rios but I didn't see NFL caliber there. It'd be cool if you were right with what he went through.

The idea of Zamora being a Gordon type.... I think I'd rather have the pothead. Unfortunately, the NFL seems to think smoking pot is worse than beating the shit out of a cowering animal or even your wife.

I also guess you're letting both Tru and TJ walk. Gotta pay for those other FAs somehow I suppose. I actually think we can keep McD at a reasonable price but have no idea what value the new guys place on him.

Cheers.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like a lot of it.

You may be right on Rios but I didn't see NFL caliber there. It'd be cool if you were right with what he went through.

It's more or less a throwaway pick. Couldn't think of anyone who stood out. He looked to have a better skill-set than the other late round CBs I watched, so I tossed him out. It's hard to find people I've watched once we get to the 7th.

The idea of Zamora being a Gordon type.... I think I'd rather have the pothead. Unfortunately, the NFL seems to think smoking pot is worse than beating the crap out of a cowering animal or even your wife.

I meant Gordon-type more in terms of talent. Same college. Similar sophomore production. Nearly identical athletic skill-sets.

I also guess you're letting both Tru and TJ walk. Gotta pay for those other FAs somehow I suppose. I actually think we can keep McD at a reasonable price but have no idea what value the new guys place on him.

Cheers.

Yep. I just have a hard time seeing McDonald staying. I think that we'll be looking to go cheap at safety with Joyner, Alexander, and Davis in-house.

Appreciate the comments!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I meant Gordon-type more in terms of talent. Same college. Similar sophomore production. Nearly identical athletic skill-sets.
And yet what may hold them both back is being dumbasses. He looky another similarity.

Keep 'em coming man.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

@jrry32, nice Mock ...like usual, I appreciate the time you put into it. I really like the FA signings. With that said, I had a question about the defense.... You sign LB Watson, but you leave an undersized, very expensive player in Barron as the starter? At 213 lbs, Barron is going to break down at some point playing on the inside. Also, if you go Nickel, who in the front 7 are you pulling off of the field?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32, nice Mock ...like usual, I appreciate the time you put into it. I really like the FA signings. With that said, I had a question about the defense.... You sign LB Watson, but you leave an undersized, very expensive player in Barron as the starter? At 213 lbs, Barron is going to break down at some point playing on the inside. Also, if you go Nickel, who in the front 7 are you pulling off of the field?

I watched how we used Barron last year vs. how Denver used their ILBs, and it seemed pretty similar. I think Barron can handle it. He wasn't afraid to take on OLs in the hole. There was a play against Carolina where the Panthers pulled an OL to clear out Barron's gap, and Barron filled the gap, stood the OL up in the hole, and forced Stewart to bounce outside for a loss.

Personally, I don't think Barron is 213 pounds anymore. That was what he weighed coming out of Alabama. But even if he is, I think he has the ability to handle it.

When we go to the nickel, we'll run a 2-4-5. It'll look like this:
LOLB: T.J. Watt or Will Hayes
DT: Michael Brockers
DT: Aaron Donald
ILB: Alec Ogletree
ILB: Mark Barron

Essentially, it's the same defense as we ran under Gregg Williams.

We could also run a 3-3-5. In that scenario, it'll likely look like this:
LDE: Will Hayes
NT: Michael Brockers or Terrell McClain
ILB: Alec Ogletree

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I decided to give you guys a mock that is very different from my last few. There are going to be some names that you recognize from past mocks, but I wanted to change things up a bit with how I handled cuts and free agency. As always, this is what I'd do as GM...not what I think the Rams will do (because I certainly can't predict that).
Cut
HB Tre Mason
TE Lance Kendricks
DE Eugene Sims
C Tim Barnes

Re-sign
K Greg Zuerlein - 3 years $7.5 million
HB Benny Cunningham - 3 years $4.5 million
DT Dominique Easley - RFA Tender
DT Louis Trinca-Pasat - ERFA Tender

Free Agency - Big Money Acquisitions
Ronald Leary LG - 5 years $40 million

We need OL help. There were rumors that Dallas was trying to trade Leary before the season. With the injury to La'El Collins, Leary stepped back into his starting spot. He was also a starter on the dominant 2014 Cowboys OL. Leary is a mauling run blocker who has the versatility to play in either a ZBS or a PBS. He's also a quality pass protector. Either ways, he's a huge upgrade on what we have.

Logan Ryan CB - 5 years $40 million

Logan Ryan is a quality #2 CB. He has outstanding ball-skills and is a versatile cover CB. Ryan also tackles well and plays the run with a lot of effort and physicality. He's able to handle both zone and man responsibilities. Ryan has been a big reason behind the Patriots success the past couple years. He stepped up when Revis and Browner departed and has provided quality play in their stead. He should pair well with Brandon Carr in Wade's scheme.

DeSean Jackson WR - 3 years $24 million

Initially, I had some concerns about Jackson coming to LA because of his reported ties to gang members. However, it genuinely seems like McVay and Jackson have a very close relationship. With Jackson being from LA, I think he'd be willing to come here if we match his best offer. He definitely offers us a nice skill-set. He put up 1000+ yards in McVay's offense this year.

Brandon Carr CB - 3 years $22.5 million

There were brief talks of Carr retiring after the Cowboys loss, but those seemed to be more reactionary than anything. Carr loves the game of football and is a high IQ player. He fits what Wade looks for in his boundary CBs (long, physical, and great at pressing). Carr played at a high level this year for the Cowboys. He has limitations, but if you use him correctly, he's a fringe #1 CB.

Free Agency - Cheaper Signings
J.J. Wilcox FS/SS - 4 years $14 million
Terrell McClain NT - 3 years $6 million
Stefen Wisniewski C - 2 years $5 million
Dekoda Watson ILB/OLB - 2 years $2 million
Sean Lissemore NT - 2 years $2 million
Louis Vasquez OG - 1 year $1 million
Dwight Freeney OLB - 1 year $1 million

NFL Draft
Round 2 Pick #5 - T.J. Watt OLB Wisconsin
Summary:
The brother of J.J. is also a very talented kid in his own right. Watt possesses a NFL frame with growth potential at 6'5" 245 and long arms. He has the strength and punch power to push tackles around along with the speed to threaten the edge. Watt uses a variety of moves to keep OLs off guard and does a nice job of finding the ball. Watt has an extremely high ceiling despite not being an overly raw player. He already shows the instincts to always be around the ball, the football IQ to understand how to attack the OL in front of him, and the Watt penchant for deflecting passes at the LOS. The comparison that springs to mind while watching him is Clay Matthews.

Round 3 Pick #5 - Isaiah "Zay" Jones WR East Carolina
Summary:
Zay Jones had a dominant Senior Bowl week and game after posting 158 receptions his senior season at East Carolina. Jones actually set the NCAA career receptions record with 399 career receptions in his four-year career. Zay is the son of former NFL LB Robert Jones, who won three Super Bowls with the Cowboys in the 90s. Zay lacks great top-end speed, but he compensates for that by being an incredible technician and catching any pass in his zip code. Zay offers two things that the Rams desperately need, route running and reliable hands. On top of that, he's 6'2" 205 with long arms; this gives him a huge catch radius.

Round 4 Pick #5 - Jon Toth C/OG Kentucky
Summary:
Toth started 48 games in his college as a four-year starter at Kentucky. He had a strong Senior Bowl week and graded out as the top offensive lineman in the Senior Bowl game according to PFF. Toth has NFL size at 6'5" 308 with 33 inch arms. Some feel that he's too tall to play Center and will be better off at OG. I disagree. I thought he did an impressive job of keeping his pad level down while firing out of his stance in college. Toth is a technically sound player who lacks dominant physical talent. He's a solid athlete with solid strength. But he more than compensates for his only solid physical tools with his great body control, polished footwork, and consistent hand use. He will not make it easy for Wisniewski to hold onto the Center job.

Round 4 Comp Pick - Ishmael Zamora WR Baylor
Summary:
Frankly, Zamora is a scummy person. He was suspended for 3 games by Baylor this year for beating his dog. That makes me sick. But the guy is also a freakish athlete. If you want the next Josh Gordon, Zamora looks like he might be that guy. He's listed at 6'4" 220, has blazing speed, attacks the ball in the air, and plays with physicality. He also runs effectively after the catch and will finish catches through contact. Crappy person but has the potential to be a dominant NFL WR with the right coaching. It won't surprise me if he moves up into the second round during the pre-draft process despite his character red flags.

Round 5 Pick #5 - Jonnu Smith TE Florida International
Summary:
Jonnu has the potential to be a Jordan Reed-like player in McVay's scheme. At 6'3" 245, Jonnu is undersized for an inline TE. However, he's a willing blocker with the strength to handle himself in the NFL. He won't be Gronkowski, but he won't be a total liability either. Where Jonnu truly shines is as a pass-catcher. Like Jordan Reed, he'll sometimes let passes into his body. However, Jonnu's hip flexibility and quickness make him potentially special. He moves and cuts like a WR. He can break tackles and create yardage after the catch too. He has a very high ceiling as a move TE.

Round 6 Pick #5 - Joshua Holsey CB Auburn
Summary:
Holsey is another guy on my list of underrated CBs. This is such a deep and talented class that a guy like Holsey can go unnoticed. Holsey had two torn ACLs in his career, so that is a concern with him. However, he has exceptionally quick feet, the speed to run with WRs deep, loose hips, and good ball-skills. He can get a little grabby at times, but as we all know, some CBs use that to their advantage (*cough* Richard Sherman). Holsey is a CB who hides it well and uses it to his advantage. Holsey handled a number of top college WRs, including Mike Williams, during his senior season at Auburn.

Round 6 Comp Pick - Joey Ivie DE Florida
Summary:
Ivie is an underrated player in this class. He's an underrated athlete with a relentless motor who has the ability to be a productive rotational interior DL at the NFL level. Ivie uses his hands well and does a nice job of stacking and shedding blocks in the run game. He's athletic enough to disrupt plays in the back-field and pressure QBs in the passing game. I think there's a strong chance that Joey Ivie's best football is ahead of him.

Round 7 Pick #5 - Marcus Rios CB UCLA
Summary:
Rios has an interesting backstory. He is a survivor. Early in his college career, Rios found out that he had a fungal infection behind his eye and beneath his brain. This infection was very rare and had killed almost every person who had it. Rios survived the infection and returned to the field for the Bruins. When I watched him, I was impressed with his movement skills and ball-skills. I'm taking a flier on him here because I think he has the athleticism and attitude to possibly develop into something down the line.

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Zay Jones vs. Ishmael Zamora vs. Mike Thomas
ZWR: DeSean Jackson
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Tyler Higbee
LT: Greg Robinson vs. Rodger Saffold
LG: Ronald Leary
C: Stefen Wisniewski vs. Jon Toth
RG: Jamon Brown vs. Greg Robinson vs. Rodger Saffold vs. Louis Vasquez
RT: Rob Havenstein

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin
Nice Post, and love the Draft picks! The only thing is I don't think WR Zay Jones will last until the 3rd round! I would even be surprised if he's not taken in the 1st round! JMHO!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@jrry32 excellent as usual counselor, however, concern would be at CB....You did not take a CB in a corner rich draft until the 5th & 7th rounds and IMO, Rams need to go in that direction much earlier as I like Carr, but he's getting beat more often and is now on the wrong side of 30.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Excellent effort and great read @jrry32 as always.

Only thing I don't like is our CB result. This draft is sick in CB quality and the Rams need to get one. I also think Tru is a fit for Phillips and Wade would be my decision maker on whether to bring him back, but if not then CB becomes priority number one for me to get figured out. Think that is the one thing you overlooked a bit there overall.

Hadn't really considered Watt there in round 2. But it's not a bad idea man, and the fit is certainly there under Phillips as well. I do think we need LBs. My guess is Wade will direct them to get another run stuffer to line up inside by Ogletree, but who knows maybe he likes Barron in there due to his range? Doubt it but we'll see.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Excellent effort and great read @jrry32 as always.

Only thing I don't like is our CB result. This draft is sick in CB quality and the Rams need to get one. I also think Tru is a fit for Phillips and Wade would be my decision maker on whether to bring him back, but if not then CB becomes priority number one for me to get figured out. Think that is the one thing you overlooked a bit there overall.

Hadn't really considered Watt there in round 2. But it's not a bad idea man, and the fit is certainly there under Phillips as well. I do think we need LBs. My guess is Wade will direct them to get another run stuffer to line up inside by Ogletree, but who knows maybe he likes Barron in there due to his range? Doubt it but we'll see.

I didn't overlook it. I've had Tru coming back in many mocks. I've had Tru leaving in many mocks. That seems to reflect Les Snead's words. They haven't made a decision on that yet. IMO, it will all come down to price.

Yes, the draft is sick in terms of CB quality. Which is why I felt okay waiting until Day 3 to draft one. Trust me, I got us a CB. Here are the only two times that DeShaun Watson targeted Joshua Holsey when he was covering WR Mike Williams (the #1 WR in the draft and a top 10 pick):
http://gph.is/2kexDR5
http://gph.is/2ket7Cm

That first video shows Holsey defending a throw that's pretty much undefendable (back-shoulder throw against a CB in press man coverage) despite Mike Williams being much bigger and the best WR in this draft class (we all saw what he did to Marlon Humphrey). On the second video, Watson actually catches him with a pump fake. Watch how he recovers against Williams and punches the ball out in the end-zone.

But Auburn stupidly kept putting Carlton Thomas on Mike Williams in this game because of Thomas's size, despite the fact that he was getting burnt.

@jrry32 excellent as usual counselor, however, concern would be at CB....You did not take a CB in a corner rich draft until the 5th & 7th rounds and IMO, Rams need to go in that direction much earlier as I like Carr, but he's getting beat more often and is now on the wrong side of 30.

Respectfully, I disagree, Den. Carr's coverage metrics this year (the ones I saw at least) were on par with Tru's. And see above for my explanation on the CB position.

I'd love to take Ahkello Witherspoon from Colorado in the 3rd or 4th round of this draft as well. But I had to make a tough call.(Jon Toth vs. Ahkello)

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Again, cannot ever support Zamora on this team. Everything else looks fine and dandy.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Like the way you filled a lot of holes in FA; would definitely give us a lot more options in the draft. Agree on Leary, and we should have signed Wis a couple years ago. OL would definitely have some "intriguing" battles but would be much improved. I thought Toth was the best C in the senior bowl. Good stuff, Watt's definitely a player, wonder if the Zamora kid just made a bad mistake and can straighten himself out.....thanks for your efforts.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
@jrry32 ever consider joining our ROD Mock Draft? It's pretty fun. Would be cool to have you on board. You seem to like mocks, how about a live one?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 ever consider joining our ROD Mock Draft? It's pretty fun. Would be cool to have you on board. You seem to like mocks, how about a live one?

Nah. I'm gonna sit it out. Let you guys have the fun.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Looks like the TJ Watt pick is pivotal to our defense as we switch to a 3-4. I also think Quinn will really benefit from being an LB. Nice work @jrry32 !

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I watched how we used Barron last year vs. how Denver used their ILBs, and it seemed pretty similar. I think Barron can handle it. He wasn't afraid to take on OLs in the hole. There was a play against Carolina where the Panthers pulled an OL to clear out Barron's gap, and Barron filled the gap, stood the OL up in the hole, and forced Stewart to bounce outside for a loss.

Personally, I don't think Barron is 213 pounds anymore. That was what he weighed coming out of Alabama. But even if he is, I think he has the ability to handle it.

I saw somewhere that he had a torn labrum all last year too. Probably doesn't help.

I really hope Wade would put Barron in a position to succeed. He's a hell of a football player in the right hands.

Nice mock! I'm fine with that CB group short term but I'd really want to look for a CB1 in the draft next year because I don't think Ryan is that, and I don't think Carr has much longer before he's going to slow down considerably.

Our LT position sucks too. Not that we have many options or I'm suggesting you change anything, it's just a shitty year to need one.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would draft another OL or any other position in place of Zay Jones. We still have Cooper and Spruce on the roster so I'd rather wait another year to draft more youngings. Especially since we are probably going to get a veteran WR or two in FA, I feel like drafting 2 more is kind of a waste.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Nice work my man...Zay Jones caught everything...even a lot of eyes:heh:. I'm still waiting on the draft that has us taking Bolles the LT in the 2nd....And Jarrad Davis the LB in the 3rd.:snicker:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would draft another OL or any other position in place of Zay Jones. We still have Cooper and Spruce on the roster so I'd rather wait another year to draft more youngings. Especially since we are probably going to get a veteran WR or two in FA, I feel like drafting 2 more is kind of a waste.

I think competition is a good thing. No guarantees that Cooper or Spruce develop into anything.