Jrry32 Mariota Scenario Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Yea. Actually it is relevant. He wasn't taken in the 2nd round on April 27th. He was taken in the Supplemental Draft, therefore, your example is irrelevant.

Point on Coles. Hill won himself actually being able to show up at the combine and running a sub 4.4.

But with a WR draft this deep, I don't see anyone taking Smelter after that injury and the smallish production, nevermind how ridiculous he looks.

But if he gets taken before the 4th round, I'll bow down to you. And put it in my sig like Memento did after being proven wrong so far about DGB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea. Actually it is relevant. He wasn't taken in the 2nd round on April 27th. He was taken in the Supplemental Draft, therefore, your example is irrelevant.

Giving up a 2nd rounder in the Supplement Draft is still a 2nd rounder.

So no, it's not relevant. Josh Gordon was drafted with a 2nd round pick.

Point on Coles. Hill won himself actually being able to show up at the combine and running a sub 4.4.

But with a WR draft this deep, I don't see anyone taking Smelter after that injury and the smallish production, nevermind how ridiculous he looks.

But if he gets taken before the 4th round, I'll bow down to you. And put it in my sig like Memento did after being proven wrong so far about DGB.

As I said before, I think he's goes in the 4th round. So if I felt I needed to take him in the third, I would.

Athos

Legend
Giving up a 2nd rounder in the Supplement Draft is still a 2nd rounder.

So no, it's not relevant. Josh Gordon was drafted with a 2nd round pick.

Sorry, no. I'm not giving you this one. The supplemental draft is entirely different from the draft that happens in April. And you have the freedom of knowing you've already taken the players you really wanted in the main NFL draft.

"The supplemental draft operates differently than the regular NFL draft. Each team is given the opportunity to submit a bid on any player who is eligible for the supplemental draft. If interested, a team will send the league office an email with the round in which they would like to select a particular player. The team that submits the highest bid is awarded the rights to a player.

If multiple teams submit bids in the same round for the same player, the league will apply a weighted lottery system (performed immediately before the supplemental draft) to determine which team is awarded the player. The system is a bit complicated, but here are the basics:>"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...raft-primer-josh-gordon-has-nfl-teams-buzzing

Use your lawyer speak all you want, but you know exactly what I was referring to when I said gimme a player with as few receptions and playing time as Smelter getting drafted higher than the 4th. Don't know why you're so bent about this. I don't consider that a regular draft selection in the 2nd. They may have given up a 2nd in the following draft, but this just worked out entirely different as teams have until July to really look at a player.

I think he's a great talent, but he has a knee injury and limited time playing the game in a deep draft. I can see him falling, just like a lot of players before him have fallen. Namely Keenan Allen, who would have been a 1st. Only he has lots of tape backing up his draft selection.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry, no. I'm not giving you this one. The supplemental draft is entirely different from the draft that happens in April. And you have the freedom of knowing you've already taken the players you really wanted in the main NFL draft.

"The supplemental draft operates differently than the regular NFL draft. Each team is given the opportunity to submit a bid on any player who is eligible for the supplemental draft. If interested, a team will send the league office an email with the round in which they would like to select a particular player. The team that submits the highest bid is awarded the rights to a player.

If multiple teams submit bids in the same round for the same player, the league will apply a weighted lottery system (performed immediately before the supplemental draft) to determine which team is awarded the player. The system is a bit complicated, but here are the basics:>"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...raft-primer-josh-gordon-has-nfl-teams-buzzing

Use your lawyer speak all you want, but you know exactly what I was referring to when I said gimme a player with as few receptions and playing time as Smelter getting drafted higher than the 4th. Don't know why you're so bent about this. I don't consider that a regular draft selection in the 2nd. They may have given up a 2nd in the following draft, but this just worked out entirely different as teams have until July to really look at a player.

I think he's a great talent, but he has a knee injury and limited time playing the game in a deep draft. I can see him falling, just like a lot of players before him have fallen. Namely Keenan Allen, who would have been a 1st. Only he has lots of tape backing up his draft selection.

I don't care if you're giving it to me or not. The fact remains that Josh Gordon was selected using a 2nd round pick. That fact won't change.

I think he's going to fall too. To the 4th round. Because if he were healthy, he'd be a 1st/2nd round pick.

Regardless, I'm not going to continue to argue over this.

ausmurp

Starter
Although my Buckeyes made Duck a l'Orange out of Mariota I would be in favor of this deal. M squared offers so much from the neck up as well as the neck down I would love to give Chip Kelly a coronary on draft day.

Actually Mariotta had a very good game against our Buckeyes...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Actually Mariotta had a very good game against our Buckeyes...

Another Buckeye Backer love it, statistically yes, but were you ever really concerned? Being Ram fans, we know fear and in that game I was not nervous, but the Ducks did not lose because of Mariota they lost because the Buckeyes were just superior on both lines of scrimmage.

Plus I just wanted to post "Duck a l'Orange!"

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Nice job, biggest obstacles to making playoffs----- qb/ol are addressed, we take a flier on C Green-----he could make a decent reserve; really like drafting Caan, probably beats out Jones for the starting C spot.

ausmurp

Starter
Another Buckeye Backer love it, statistically yes, but were you ever really concerned? Being Ram fans, we know fear and in that game I was not nervous, but the Ducks did not lose because of Mariota they lost because the Buckeyes were just superior on both lines of scrimmage.

Plus I just wanted to post "Duck a l'Orange!"

I was concerned for a short while, just glad we won. You from Columbus, OH? Anyway he had a very good game against that defense, remember the drive killing drops his no name WRs made at crucial moments. They catch those the game would've been different - a song we Rams fans are all too familiar with lol.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was concerned for a short while, just glad we won. You from Columbus, OH?

Spent six years in Dayton (84-90), Wright-Patterson AFB and graduated from the University of Dayton, but spent many of Saturday's in my adopted city of Columbus. Been back many times as well and for some reason because Oregon was not scoring I was not worried even when it got to 21-20, but I was enjoying my beverage of choice (Macallan 18) and was quite numb so that might of played a role in me being so calm.