Jrry32 Happy New Year Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not much to complain about there Jrry, great effort. Some notes...

I went back and watched everything I could find on Wentz and I gotta admit it would not surprise me if he is a big climber come draft day. So I think where you have him going is legit, and I would be very happy with him on our depth chart.

Spruce is a stellar pick, and he's exactly what the Rams lack: a guy who can catch the effin ball with great hands. Between him and Henry the Rams should get a boost in moving the chains. I definitely love Henry.

I think Saffold is a cap casualty. Rams will not project dropoff from him to the kids, who are cheaper options that don't have a long history of injuries.

Lastly not a fan of JPP. I'd rather buy low with Mario Williams who I think will be on a mission to prove himself next year, particularly if he plays for Fish/Williams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
More than we should pay. He'll be 31 next season and likely a declining talent.

If it's a one year deal, I'd take the chance if JPP gets a multi-year deal.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
More than we should pay. He'll be 31 next season and likely a declining talent.

I suspect he would cost more than I would want the Rams to pay. Still, it's fun imagining him on the other side of the DL from Quinn ... with Donald and Brockers in the middle.

Stel

Starter
I suspect he would cost more than I would want the Rams to pay. Still, it's fun imagining him on the other side of the DL from Quinn ... with Donald and Brockers in the middle.

Agree it would be fun. Given his size, he could also rotate inside part of the time. Imagine Quinn, Williams, Donald, and Hayes on 3 and long.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Not crazy about letting Johnson walk. I think we need to sign both CB's. Its a passing league and you cant let a top flight CB in his prime walk. If money is the concern, forget about JPP. I think we are fine at DE without JPP, I like the idea, dont get me wrong but I would rather keep Johnson then invest a 1 year flyer on JPP.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If it's a one year deal, I'd take the chance if JPP gets a multi-year deal.
Unless JPP can play without that oven mitt, he's done. Its been sad watching him play. Still has the motor, still has the effort.
Ultimately its like watching Jaime Lannister in a sword fight

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless JPP can play without that oven mitt, he's done. Its been sad watching him play. Still has the motor, still has the effort.

JPP has been getting quite a bit of pressure this year. He is having another hand surgery this off-season to improve his grip. He likely will be able to play without the oven mitt.

Not crazy about letting Johnson walk. I think we need to sign both CB's. Its a passing league and you cant let a top flight CB in his prime walk. If money is the concern, forget about JPP. I think we are fine at DE without JPP, I like the idea, dont get me wrong but I would rather keep Johnson then invest a 1 year flyer on JPP.

Johnson is a free agent. We may not get a choice. Gotta keep in mind that Oakland has a lot of money and a need at CB. Trumaine is from Stockton, California.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
JPP has been getting quite a bit of pressure this year. He is having another hand surgery this off-season to improve his grip. He likely will be able to play without the oven mitt.

Johnson is a free agent. We may not get a choice. Gotta keep in mind that Oakland has a lot of money and a need at CB. Trumaine is from Stockton, California.

Fair point but the Raiders are going to LA so Stockton is not so close now, plus you started the thread by saying this is what you would, so dont take no for an answer and get the kid signed lol.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair point but the Raiders are going to LA so Stockton is not so close now, plus you started the thread by saying this is what you would, so dont take no for an answer and get the kid signed lol.

I also said Trumaine tested the market and decided to go elsewhere. Wasn't my choice to let him go. Just trying to mock a scenario where we lost Trumaine.

Then again Desmond King said he's returning to school so it ruined my mock anyways. :LOL:

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod

Love it!! And surprisingly accurate. lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on what I've seen thus far, I don't think he's a good fit. He's a fast kid that can get over the top and his hands are solid but he appears to have heavy feet and stiff hips. That shoehorns him into a Kenny Britt type role.

Saw more of Carroo and he has quicker feet and better hips than I initially thought. Hands are also better than solid. He's a good fit. Good call @Dieter the Brock