Jrry32 Final Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've got law school finals next week which sucks. I won't be able to fully enjoy the week leading up to the draft. This will be my final mock and I decided to do no trades for this one. I also did not have us signing anybody because it seems unlikely at this point. For this mock, I combined what I want the Rams to do with what I think they'll do...although I definitely leaned more towards what I want them to do.
NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #10 - Andrus Peat OT Stanford

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw8owEHywg8

Analysis: Peat is inconsistent from snap to snap but I consider him the second most talented OT in this class and the second best. I think if he's there at #10, the Rams will most likely to take him to slot in at RT. He has some technical issues to clean up (plays high, too aggressive on the edge, too much weight forward, soft punch) and isn't a mauling run blocker but he has massive upside as a pass protector once he fixes some of his issues. He's a guy that could start at RT for us (although he'd have up and downs as a rookie) while also giving us a fallback option if Greg doesn't workout long at LT.
NFL Comparison: D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Round 2 Pick #9 - Dorial Green-Beckham WR Missouri

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zpWOO7TPeU

Analysis: Like Janoris Jenkins, I think the Rams are going to be willing to take on one of the best talents in this draft who has some character questions. DGB is still learning how to play the WR position and will need some time and patience in his adjustment to the pro game but he's as athletically gifted as 99% of the WRs in the league. DGB's speed and agility for his size are incredibly impressive and he's shown the ability to win jump balls. He just needs to be more consistent with his catching in traffic and show more physicality.(while also polishing his route running)
NFL Comparison: Healthy Danario Alexander

Round 3 Pick #8 - Garrett Grayson QB Colorado State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fwhKKXII_g

Analysis: I get the feeling that the Rams prefer Bryce Petty but I'm hoping that Grayson is the guy we come away with. We might have to trade up into the 2nd over a team like Dallas. Grayson is coming out of a pro style system, has shown great poise in the pocket under pressure, the willingness to take a hit in order to deliver a strike, and the ability to manipulate the pocket in order to buy time without dropping his eyes. His ball placement is also superb. His instincts, mental acuity, and ball placement all scream future starting QB to me.
NFL Comparison: Marc Bulger

Round 4 Pick #20 - Mark Glowinski OG West Virginia

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrVWq4G3dc0

Analysis: Glowinski is known for being a huge weight room monster at WVU and an extremely hard worker on the field. Glowinski is all substance with very little flash. He's extremely reliable with few holes in his game and consistently does his job well but doesn't really dominate. He's not going to blow his man five yards off the ball as he doesn't possess an overpowering lower body but he's very strong in his upper body which allows him to sustain blocks well in the run game and makes it very difficult to disengage when he latches on in pass pro. Additionally, Glowinski has excellent feet and movement skills for an OG along with a good understanding of angles.
NFL Comparison: T.J. Lang

Projected Starters
QB: Nick Foles
HB: Tre Mason
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Brian Quick
ZWR: Kenny Britt
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Mark Glowinski
C: Barrett Jones
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Andrus Peat

LDE: Chris Long
NT: Michael Brockers
UT: Aaron Donald
RDE: Robert Quinn
OLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SPUR: Mark Barron
LCB: E.J. Gaines
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: Trumaine Johnson (Gaines moves into the slot when all three are on the field)
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin

I stopped at the 4th round because I've done enough mocks that you guys know who I like in the late rounds and I have no idea what the Rams are planning there.

I also wanted to mention that I believe the Rams would sign an OL after the draft to compete with Glowinski and/or Peat for a starting spot.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah. I can see a couple more vets added to the line as well.
Starting 4 guys with 1 year or less experience could be dangerous. Though it may be necessary.

Do you have Sherff gone, or do you prefer Peat.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah. I can see a couple more vets added to the line as well.
Starting 4 guys with 1 year or less experience could be dangerous. Though it may be necessary.

Do you have Sherff gone, or do you prefer Peat.

Gone.

Athos

Legend
You know the guys I'd rather have in the 3rd, but I really couldn't complain about this thing. Two players I really like at the top.

lockdnram21

Legend
i like it but i think some how they pick a defensive player with one of the top 3. Also i still think DGB goes in the first but would love for hi to make it to us

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As always @jrry32 excellent job and best of luck with your finals counselor. I would have some concerns with Robinson & Glowinski starting on the left side come September Morn, but understood you're going that the Rams won't sign anyone. If that is the case then I see the Rams going Guard in round two and WR in the 4th.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I like Peat, and DGB and Grayson, but I'm not sure Peat meets value at #10, or that DGB will be there half way thru the 2nd (bleacher report had a nice article on him, I guess he spent the last yr in OK with his older brother holed up in an apt), and I have a feeling that after the run on WRs is done there will be one on QBs.
I think the positions are correct, but maybe not in that order--i.e., they could go Parker - Petty - BPA OLer. I think that meets value better, as OLer value seems to be deep this yr

V3

Hall of Fame
I can't find enough video on Peat to form a solid opinion. The stuff I've seen didn't really impress me but it was only from the ND game. I don't watch highlight videos because they can make anyone look good.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I've got law school finals next week which sucks. I won't be able to fully enjoy the week leading up to the draft. This will be my final mock and I decided to do no trades for this one. I also did not have us signing anybody because it seems unlikely at this point. For this mock, I combined what I want the Rams to do with what I think they'll do...although I definitely leaned more towards what I want them to do.
NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #10 - Andrus Peat OT Stanford

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw8owEHywg8

Analysis: Peat is inconsistent from snap to snap but I consider him the second most talented OT in this class and the second best. I think if he's there at #10, the Rams will most likely to take him to slot in at RT. He has some technical issues to clean up (plays high, too aggressive on the edge, too much weight forward, soft punch) and isn't a mauling run blocker but he has massive upside as a pass protector once he fixes some of his issues. He's a guy that could start at RT for us (although he'd have up and downs as a rookie) while also giving us a fallback option if Greg doesn't workout long at LT.
NFL Comparison: D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Round 2 Pick #9 - Dorial Green-Beckham WR Missouri

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zpWOO7TPeU

Analysis: Like Janoris Jenkins, I think the Rams are going to be willing to take on one of the best talents in this draft who has some character questions. DGB is still learning how to play the WR position and will need some time and patience in his adjustment to the pro game but he's as athletically gifted as 99% of the WRs in the league. DGB's speed and agility for his size are incredibly impressive and he's shown the ability to win jump balls. He just needs to be more consistent with his catching in traffic and show more physicality.(while also polishing his route running)
NFL Comparison: Healthy Danario Alexander

Round 3 Pick #8 - Garrett Grayson QB Colorado State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fwhKKXII_g

Analysis: I get the feeling that the Rams prefer Bryce Petty but I'm hoping that Grayson is the guy we come away with. We might have to trade up into the 2nd over a team like Dallas. Grayson is coming out of a pro style system, has shown great poise in the pocket under pressure, the willingness to take a hit in order to deliver a strike, and the ability to manipulate the pocket in order to buy time without dropping his eyes. His ball placement is also superb. His instincts, mental acuity, and ball placement all scream future starting QB to me.
NFL Comparison: Marc Bulger

Round 4 Pick #20 - Mark Glowinski OG West Virginia

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrVWq4G3dc0

Analysis: Glowinski is known for being a huge weight room monster at WVU and an extremely hard worker on the field. Glowinski is all substance with very little flash. He's extremely reliable with few holes in his game and consistently does his job well but doesn't really dominate. He's not going to blow his man five yards off the ball as he doesn't possess an overpowering lower body but he's very strong in his upper body which allows him to sustain blocks well in the run game and makes it very difficult to disengage when he latches on in pass pro. Additionally, Glowinski has excellent feet and movement skills for an OG along with a good understanding of angles.
NFL Comparison: T.J. Lang

Projected Starters
QB: Nick Foles
HB: Tre Mason
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Brian Quick
ZWR: Kenny Britt
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Mark Glowinski
C: Barrett Jones
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Andrus Peat

LDE: Chris Long
NT: Michael Brockers
UT: Aaron Donald
RDE: Robert Quinn
OLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SPUR: Mark Barron
LCB: E.J. Gaines
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: Trumaine Johnson (Gaines moves into the slot when all three are on the field)
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin

I stopped at the 4th round because I've done enough mocks that you guys know who I like in the late rounds and I have no idea what the Rams are planning there.

I also wanted to mention that I believe the Rams would sign an OL after the draft to compete with Glowinski and/or Peat for a starting spot.

I would not be upset at all if this ended up being the Rams Draft! It seems like a lot of Rams Fans and NFL Draft experts think picking Peat at #10 is too high but I really do think he will end up being a very good/steady OT for whichever team selects him! I will not be upset if the Rams pick Scherff (My personal choice but I do realize there is a good chance he will already be gone), Flowers (My 2nd choice although I do know that he is more of a gamble at this point but I think he could end up being a monster in the NFL in a couple of seasons) or Peat with their top pick! Of course, I will be thrilled if somehow Cooper or White fall to the Rams (Just too good to pass up in my opinion!).

I will also be thrilled if the Rams could get Dorial Green-Beckham with their 2nd round pick! I know a lot of fans/experts/
coaches don't seem to want to draft him due to some of his off-the-field issues. I just think he is way too good to pass up if he makes it to the Rams 2nd round pick and he will (At least in my opinion!) be well worth the gamble at this point! I think if he didn't have some of these off-the-field issues/concerns and if he had played last season you would probably be looking at a top 5 pick in this year's Draft! It also seems to me that I have read some articles on him lately that show a different side (A positive side!) to him that would give me encouragement that he can end up being alright both on and off the field!

I would also not have a problem with QB Garrett Grayson in the 3rd round but my only questions (And, I say this because I don't know!) is he going to be any better than Keenum or Davis and if not then should the Rams use this pick to draft another position of need. But, if he is that good (And, it seems like Gruden is a big fan of his so he may just be that good!) then getting him in the 3rd round may just be steal for the Rams! I personally like Petty but I don't think there is much of a value difference between the two and I will be surprised if Petty is still there when the Rams pick in the 3rd round anyway.

And, I will confess that I know nothing about OG Mark Glowinski but he sounds like a good OL prospect for the Rams with their 4th round pick.

But, I really do like your draft and will be very, very happy if it ends up this way! And, as THE COACH mentioned earlier good luck to you with your Finals and I will try to remember to NEVER to Argue/Debate with you (As usual, I WOULD lose!)!!!

WestCoastRam

Legend
Really worried about DGB. Greg Hardy's suspended 10 games under the new domestic violence policy (though it may reduce due to him being grandfathered into old policy). Not only does DGB have the two drug arrests but the "alleged" domestic violence incident. We can argue or not whether he did it but the story of the case follows a familiar pattern of no arrest due to the the "alleged" victim not cooperating with the police (which is the same story of Hardy and Hardy's still suspended).

I have a hard time spending a 2nd round pick on a guy who could miss 2/3 of a season on a 1st offense (not even mentioning the moral issues with DV). It's not like the drug program where you have a couple chances before you miss significant time.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I can't find enough video on Peat to form a solid opinion. The stuff I've seen didn't really impress me but it was only from the ND game. I don't watch highlight videos because they can make anyone look good.

Here you go...

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
First 3 picks get A grades from me. Doubting more and more though that Grayson makes it out of the 2nd.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Great read...I know you'll do well on your finals.
Some comments, I like DGB more than any wr in this draft, Mike Evans &the dude at Carolina made me believer on matchup nightmares & redzone TD's.....6'5 with hands...we can use that...Foles definitely can use that.
Analysis: Peat is inconsistent from snap to snap but I consider him the second most talented OT in this class and the second best.

It seems like a lot of Rams Fans and NFL Draft experts think picking Peat at #10 is too high but I really do think he will end up being a very good/steady OT for whichever team selects him!
The Andrus Peat I know is not a #10 pick...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488130/article/scout-slams-overrated-stanford-ot-andrus-peat
Don't know what they have in the water at Maryland, but I saw Scherff have hell against them too....damn, they don't have the Maryland game here:
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/andrus-peat/
But I hear he was manhandled...again....#10 pick...manhandled...just seems crazy...

I don't need to go on about my love of Hundley...I'm just curious about everyone else love for Grayson?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So I've been watching some DGB vids this morning.
My 2 cents.

Other than looking the same in a uniform, DGB is far and away a better prospect than Denario.
DGB has some very soft hands. Hands like AJ Green. It looks like the QB is throwing the ball into a soft, deep pillow.
Also. I love that he has no problem with the over the shoulder grabs. Something I didn't see much from Denario. DA would usually turn to face the ball before the catch. Often backpedaling after the turn, rather than staying his route and letting the ball fall over his shoulder's.Use to piss me off.

Just as concerning to me as the drugs and domestic claims, the reports of laziness have me concerned.
But,wow. DGB could be great.

V3

Hall of Fame
Here you go...

Lol, I definitely noticed that in the ND game. Like I said, wasn't impressed. It was only one game so I want to be fair but it's hard when that's the only game I can find.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol, I definitely noticed that in the ND game. Like I said, wasn't impressed. It was only one game so I want to be fair but it's hard when that's the only game I can find.

I wouldn't watch Utah either haha. Got embarrassed pretty badly. But that's the issue you run with all the OTs in this class. They're inconsistent from snap to snap. All have some flaws that need work. The thing about Peat is that he has the type of skill-set you typically see in top picks at LT. Just hasn't fully put it together yet. Get him in there with NFL Strength training and NFL coaching and I think he'll do well. Will have some ups and downs as a rookie though.

But he had some bad games and then some games where he had his way with people. The big thing with him is just improving his functional strength. But I don't see that being an issue for him at the next level.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Great read...I know you'll do well on your finals.
Some comments, I like DGB more than any wr in this draft, Mike Evans &the dude at Carolina made me believer on matchup nightmares & redzone TD's.....6'5 with hands...we can use that...Foles definitely can use that.

The Andrus Peat I know is not a #10 pick...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488130/article/scout-slams-overrated-stanford-ot-andrus-peat
Don't know what they have in the water at Maryland, but I saw Scherff have hell against them too....damn, they don't have the Maryland game here:
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/andrus-peat/
But I hear he was manhandled...again....#10 pick...manhandled...just seems crazy...

I don't need to go on about my love of Hundley...I'm just curious about everyone else love for Grayson?

What games was this scout watching, I disagree completely

paceram

Pro Bowler
What is your opinion of DGB?
He seems to be a guy people either love or they wouldn't touch.

If DGB is still available when the Rams pick at #41 I hope the Rams take a chance on him! At that point I think he is definitely worth the risk! Unless, of course, the Rams take another WR (Cooper, White or Parker) with their 1st Round pick!