Jrry32 Bring on the Foles Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been a crazy few days. Where do the Rams go from here? This is just my opinion on it.
Free Agency
1. Sign Justin Blalock
2. Re-sign Joe Barksdale

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #10 - Amari Cooper WR Alabama

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjHOM1TW1xA

Analysis: I still have a hard time believing that teams would be foolish enough to let him drop to us but if he does, this is an easy pick. There are only two players that I'd take over Cooper...Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota (for obvious reasons). To keep it short and sweet, Cooper is both a legitimate threat to put up 1000+ yards as a rookie and develop into a top 5 WR in the NFL by the end of his third year. He's a rare player that has an incredibly high floor and also an incredibly high ceiling.

Round 2 Pick #9 - A.J. Cann OG/C South Carolina

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlwRR2-tr_w

Analysis: Cann is a well rounded player who needs some development in pass pro but should be able to compete for the starting job at LG or Center at some point during his rookie year. Good overall athlete with good power who really maximizes his power with his use of leverage, flexibility, and active feet. Powerful run blocker with the movement skills and anchor to be a quality NFL pass protector once his punch timing and hand placement improve.

Round 3 Pick #8 - Paul Dawson LB TCU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3izLFsWGpY

Analysis: His poor combine and character concerns will drop him down the board but on the field, he has star qualities and exceptional instincts. Is known as a bit of a freelancer and there are some questions about his work habits. Hopefully, our staff and players can get through to him and help him put it all together because it's scary to imagine how good he could be if he does considering how good his film is already.

Round 4 Pick #20 - Andy Gallik C Boston College

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfUY4HnHcCg

Analysis: Gallik isn't going to overwhelm you with his power and punch but he's quick off the snap, has excellent hand strength that makes it very difficult to disengage once he locks in, and you gotta love his feisty, competitive attitude. Gallik uses angles and positioning well and is very active with his hands and arms. His hand placement while run blocking is excellent. Has the potential to develop into a starting Center especially if he improves his functional strength in a NFL S&C program.

Round 6 Comp Pick - Josh Robinson HB Mississippi State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxXIvwxYTo

Analysis: Robinson's stock took a major hit when he ran a 4.70 40 at the Combine but I don't care. The kid is well built at just under 5'8" 217 pounds. His lower body strength, leg drive, balance, and low center of gravity make him extremely difficult to tackle. He's the type of HB that refuses to go down on first contact and always seems to be pushing the pile. Also has large hands which allows him to be an excellent pass catcher out of the back-field. Watch his game against LSU and then tell me that he's a 6th round pick.

Round 7 Pick #31 - Chaz Green OT Florida

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Ll__i8SoM

Analysis: Green steps in as a swing OT for us on the OL. He falls this far due to medical issues but I see him as a mid round talent. Has good range and overall movement skills for his size(6'5" 315), can play either OT spot and could probably slide in and play OG if needed, and Green is capable of getting push in the run game. He's a solid all around player that can be good depth on the OL if he stays healthy.

2015 Projected Starters
QB: Nick Foles
HB: Tre Mason
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Brian Quick or Kenny Britt
ZWR: Amari Cooper
SLWR: Tavon Austin or Stedman Bailey
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Justin Blalock
C: Barrett Jones
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Joe Barksdale

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Michael Brockers
RDT: Aaron Donald
RDE: Robert Quinn
OLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SPUR: Mark Barron
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
SLCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Love this draft and FA.

Cooper and Cann is what I want right now.

I dont think Dawson falls to the 3rd even after the poor combine showing. He was a late 1st round prospect possibly before hand. But it could happen. If Dawson is picked before we choose in the 3rd i'd grab Marpet in the 3rd then LB Mike Hull in the 4th or some other LB.(Im a big Hull fan, would be great depth and would have time to get healthy).

Galick is a great choice if Dawson avaliable and picked in the 3rd.

Dont know much about Robinson to be honest, rather grab a big power back or a FB at that slot, but thats just me nit picking.

I think Green is very underated. As Humphries proved the entire season till lately.

I think me and you have been on the same page on almost everything since last year when everyone was hyped up on Watkins and we both wanted to wait for Cooper.

Goof job as always!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love this draft and FA.

Cooper and Cann is what I want right now.

I dont think Dawson falls to the 3rd even after the poor combine showing. He was a late 1st round prospect possibly before hand. But it could happen. If Dawson is picked before we choose in the 3rd i'd grab Marpet in the 3rd then LB Mike Hull in the 4th or some other LB.(Im a big Hull fan, would be great depth and would have time to get healthy).

Galick is a great choice if Dawson avaliable and picked in the 3rd.

Dont know much about Robinson to be honest, rather grab a big power back or a FB at that slot, but thats just me nit picking.

I think Green is very underated. As Humphries proved the entire season till lately.

I think me and you have been on the same page on almost everything since last year when everyone was hyped up on Watkins and we both wanted to wait for Cooper.

Goof job as always!!

That's what Robinson is. He's a power HB. Just a short one. ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-wZU2Zyc-A

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That's what Robinson is. He's a power HB. Just a short one. ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-wZU2Zyc-A

Cant argue that thats not a great clip. I just would like to see a back on our team that is over 5'10 lol. I want a 6'0+, 240lbs+ bruiser who can block and has decent hands(Fowler....), and can get us that yard even when they stack the box. I have wanted that for a while, ever since Spags got rid of Hedgecock.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cant argue that thats not a great clip. I just would like to see a back on our team that is over 5'10 lol. I want a 6'0+, 240lbs+ bruiser who can block and has decent hands(Fowler....), and can get us that yard even when they stack the box. I have wanted that for a while, ever since Spags got rid of Hedgecock.

I prefer short power HBs to tall ones. Tall power HBs typically lack the low center of gravity that short power HBs have which negatively affects their balance.

Fowler is a FB anyways. We got Harkey there. No reason to take him imo.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I prefer short power HBs to tall ones. Tall power HBs typically lack the low center of gravity that short power HBs have which negatively affects their balance.

Fowler is a FB anyways. We got Harkey there. No reason to take him imo.
I think 5'10-6'0 is good height for a HB, 5'11+ is good for a FB. Just my preference. Apples to oranges really lol. Harkey lacks the short yardage running ability IMO compared to a true FB, or at least isnt used in that manner for his position as much as he should be. I still think Folwler would be great for us. Can pass protect great, shifty and strong, and can catch.

Also, many of the best rb's in history are "bigger",not shorter with a low center of gravity. Not saying all, or even 50%, just many. Honestly I feel that its more about vision than with size when it comes to half backs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think 5'10-6'0 is good height for a HB, 5'11+ is good for a FB. Just my preference. Apples to oranges really lol. Harkey lacks the short yardage running ability IMO compared to a true FB, or at least isnt used in that manner for his position as much as he should be. I still think Folwler would be great for us. Can pass protect great, shifty and strong, and can catch.

Also, many of the best rb's in history are "bigger",not shorter with a low center of gravity. Not saying all, or even 50%, just many. Honestly I feel that its more about vision than with size when it comes to half backs.

Only two of the top 10 HBs in career rushing yards are 6'0" or taller. I agree, it is about vision more than anything. But all things equal, I prefer a shorter runner because they typically will have better balance.

I don't see a need with Fowler. Harkey has the spot locked down and with Kendricks back, we don't need Harkey at TE. Whereas Josh Robinson is a great value pick and can contribute for us at HB.

Different strokes for different folks.

Athos

Legend
Big backs, as in tall, don't have the hip wiggle for crazy cuts. Bigger backs are typically a bit slower with those moves.

I love it. I'm guessing you're thinking Britt in gone in this scenario then?

I think White is gone. There's just no way he gets to 10. I think Cooper really can make it to 10. I still think Jets will be thinking something else and part of what will have helped that is the Brandon Marshall trade. Geno now has two bigger WRs that rep as big targets to get the ball to. We'll see.

I'd lose my shit if Coop dropped into our laps though.

This is about as perfect a Ram offseason could be.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Cooper, would no doubt light a fire under TA.

Though I think we could win with the Wr's we have, I miss not having a Bruce or Holt.

The oline depth is going to be necessary. We have more than the 3 holes on the starting unit.
We need 4-5 new linemen from somewhere.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Nice mock, I'm still not sure Cann is a 2nd rounder, but I hope he is. There are other Guards that I like there too. I would replace the LB, with a CB, and I'd be very happy. Chaz is underrated, but I think he's a Guard.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper, would no doubt light a fire under TA.

Though I think we could win with the Wr's we have, I miss not having a Bruce or Holt.

The oline depth is going to be necessary. We have more than the 3 holes on the starting unit.
We need 4-5 new linemen from somewhere.

Yep, we need a lot of OLs right now. Because we need both starters and quality depth. Hopefully, a couple of those positions are cleared up soon.

Nice mock, I'm still not sure Cann is a 2nd rounder, but I hope he is. There are other Guards that I like there too. I would replace the LB, with a CB, and I'd be very happy. Chaz is underrated, but I think he's a Guard.

I think either Cann or Erving makes it to our pick. I'd be happy with either one.

Big backs, as in tall, don't have the hip wiggle for crazy cuts. Bigger backs are typically a bit slower with those moves.

I love it. I'm guessing you're thinking Britt in gone in this scenario then?

I think White is gone. There's just no way he gets to 10. I think Cooper really can make it to 10. I still think Jets will be thinking something else and part of what will have helped that is the Brandon Marshall trade. Geno now has two bigger WRs that rep as big targets to get the ball to. We'll see.

I'd lose my crap if Coop dropped into our laps though.

This is about as perfect a Ram offseason could be.

Britt as in Kenny? Nah...still here. Just gonna have to find a way to get them all snaps. But Cooper is such a great talent that I'm fine with that.

Wouldn't be surprised, though, if the Giants take him out from under us.

Athos

Legend
Wouldn't be surprised, though, if the Giants take him out from under us.

I'd be more worried about the Bears and Jets, even despite the other deficiencies they have, before worrying about the Giants.

Giants should really draft one of the really good o-lineman while they have the chance or Eli will have another 28 pick season or however many INTs he threw.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be more worried about the Bears and Jets, even despite the other deficiencies they have, before worrying about the Giants.

Giants should really draft one of the really good o-lineman while they have the chance or Eli will have another 28 pick season or however many INTs he threw.

Nah. Bears and Jets don't worry me as much. Giants GM is big on playmakers and taking the BPA.
"Any time there’s a dynamic play-maker up there and a guard I’m taking the play-maker," Reese told Francesa.

The GM was, of course, speaking about why he chose Odell Beckham No. 12 over offensive lineman Zack Martin, who earned a Pro Bowl berth with the Dallas Cowboys.

"You've gotta have play-makers in this league," said Reese, adding that when the Giants turn to pick came in the 2014 NFL Draft "there was nothing for us to talk about."

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think either Cann or Erving makes it to our pick. I'd be happy with either one.

Me too. They had Erving in the middle 1st yesterday on NFL Network in a mock, saying he could play 4 positions. I disagree on the area of the pick, because I'm pretty sure he can't play OLT in the NFL. He can play Center or Guard at a high level though. I'd bet on that.

Athos

Legend
Nah. Bears and Jets don't worry me as much. Giants GM is big on playmakers and taking the BPA.

That's fine, until you end up like the Lions. No team but Megatron and failed previous playmakers and draftpicks gone. Eli will get killed again if they don't really retool that line.

Though this is why I'm convinced a great WR could drop. Barring trades, so many teams in front of us need massive help in the trenches.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's fine, until you end up like the Lions. No team but Megatron and failed previous playmakers and draftpicks gone. Eli will get killed again if they don't really retool that line.

Though this is why I'm convinced a great WR could drop. Barring trades, so many teams in front of us need massive help in the trenches.

I'm not giving my opinion on what they SHOULD do. Just explaining what the Giants GM said. If I were them, I'd trade down and take an OL. But they're a team that doesn't trade so...

Athos

Legend
I'm not giving my opinion on what they SHOULD do. Just explaining what the Giants GM said. If I were them, I'd trade down and take an OL. But they're a team that doesn't trade so...

So Poor Horse Face with the dumb stare is gonna get murdered again. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, if Eli wasn't throwing picks last year, he has on his ass half the time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Any draft that has the Rams landing Cooper I'm a huge fan of, however, I just have a gut feeling the Rams don't want Barksdale back and will use their pick for an offensive lineman that will play RT. I'll be sick if the Rams go Brandon Scherff and the Viqueens end up with Cooper.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Any draft that has the Rams landing Cooper I'm a huge fan of, however, I just have a gut feeling the Rams don't want Barksdale back and will use their pick for an offensive lineman that will play RT. I'll be sick if the Rams go Brandon Scherff and the Viqueens end up with Cooper.

Me too. But my gut feeling is that if either White or Cooper fall to us at #10, that we'll pick them, based on how A. Donald fell to us last year at #13 & we couldn't pass up on his incredible talent. NOW then...... if both White & Cooper are gone, but L. Williams is there? Would you still pick him???
BTW, we can always get someone later in the draft to fill in at RT if Barks doesn't re-sign. I think Barks will, mainly because he wasn't all that fired-up to find another team before he got married. If Barks were really down on the Rams, & going for $$$, he would've gotten a deal done before his wedding. It just seems to me that all this considered, he's working something out w/ the Rams & is just taking his time to get his wedding (+ honeymoon) taken care of.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
BTW, we can always get someone later in the draft to fill in at RT if Barks doesn't re-sign. I think Barks will, mainly because he wasn't all that fired-up to find another team before he got married. If Barks were really down on the Rams, & going for $$$, he would've gotten a deal done before his wedding. It just seems to me that all this considered, he's working something out w/ the Rams & is just taking his time to get his wedding (+ honeymoon) taken care of.

Great points hope you're 100% correct!