Josh McCown Credits Kurt Warner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Just heard Marshal tell it on NFL network that he credits his time with Kurt for his current success.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kurt is also sporting a stache

moklerman

Warner-phile
I remember when McCown and Warner were with the Cards and McCown was actually outplaying Warner. Remember the MNF game in Mexico with the Cardinals vs. 49ers? McCown faded to lose the job back to Warner but all QB's go through up's and down's and this guy's never had that commitment from a team to allow him to grow(i.e. make mistakes).

McCown has some skill and with the right coaching and environment can apply it. Looks like Trestman and Co. might be another good fit for him.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I remember when McCown and Warner were with the Cards and McCown was actually outplaying Warner. Remember the MNF game in Mexico with the Cardinals vs. 49ers? McCown faded to lose the job back to Warner but all QB's go through up's and down's and this guy's never had that commitment from a team to allow him to grow(i.e. make mistakes).

McCown has some skill and with the right coaching and environment can apply it. Looks like Trestman and Co. might be another good fit for him.

He better bring his track shoes to "The Dome" after a bye our pass rush is gonna make his ass RMFS

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Oh, so we get to play the Bears with their backup QB in our house. I just realized that. We will see where we are as a team then. We might even be favored to win.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Oh, so we get to play the Bears with their backup QB in our house. I just realized that. We will see where we are as a team then. We might even be favored to win.
I hope we see some Long bros. mix ups that'll be fun

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'd love to see Chris punk his brother lol. I'd get ejected if I played my brother.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

McCown outplayed Warner? What games did you watch back then. He stunk and only got the job because Warner got hurt.

What your saying is preposterous. Go check profootballreference.com lol

moklerman

Warner-phile
McCown outplayed Warner? What games did you watch back then. He stunk and only got the job because Warner got hurt.

What your saying is preposterous. Go check profootballreference.com lol
Warner and the Cardinals were 0-3 to start that season and Warner had put up just 1TD/2INT. McCown came in and played very well on MNF and the Cardinals beat SF and won 2 of his first 3 starts. He put up 380+ yards in each of his first two starts and was doing some good things before he started to struggle. At the time, McCown may not have been as good as Warner at his best, but Warner was fumbling at an alarming rate and McCown was arguably the better option. But to start the season that year, aside from the fumbles, McCown played better in his first 3 starts than Warner did in his.