Josh Gordy traded

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
paceram said:
Any chance it could be a conditional (if he makes the team and if he does how well he plays) pick?
If I were the Rams, I would make it conditional not only on Gordy making the roster, but also on his level of PT (starter, nickel corner, ST). Not that the Colts would agree to anything higher than a 4th, but if they're comparing Gordy to King, and the conditional pick is based on performance, we should be looking at a 5th.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Surprising,
At least they go something for him.
I though Murph would be the one out.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:
libertadrocks said:
Beat me to it Dash. Im sure X or someone will delete or merge the repeat post.

This is good news IMO. We were going to end up cutting or underutilizing at least one in our stable of CBs. At least we get something in return.

My guess is its a late round pick. 6th or 7th rounder. Would be ecstatic with a 5th

Good point.
I would have had Gordy over Murphy, but maybe the Colts did too. Sad to see him go, but we do have great depth at that position. Fisher certainly wanted to put his own stamp on the corners by drafting 2 high and signing one.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Traded a guy that was only picked from a practice squad to replace one the Rams' 10 CBs on IR.

Not bad.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Damn. I loved me some Josh Gordy. That kind of sucks, I thought he'd be the fourth CB this year with Murphy and Trumain behind him. Oh well, hopefully we won't have as many injuries and this trade won't come back to bite us.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious - Why don't teams make public what draft picks were involved in trades instead of using the "Undisclosed Draft Pick" answer? Why the big secret? I could somewhat understand it if the pick was conditional but I read somewhere that this pick is not conditional just "Undisclosed". What advantage or disadvantage does it make to make public the pick(s) involved?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
paceram said:
Just curious - Why don't teams make public what draft picks were involved in trades instead of using the "Undisclosed Draft Pick" answer? Why the big secret? I could somewhat understand it if the pick was conditional but I read somewhere that this pick is not conditional just "Undisclosed". What advantage or disadvantage does it make to make public the pick(s) involved?

Colts fan never heard of this guy...

They don't want riots. lol

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Figuring it this way, IF the coaches consider Gordy to be expendable we should be pretty salty at the position, and since Fisher knows how to prevent injuries :ww: it's ALL GOOD.

Seriously though I think he has a shot at starting for the Colts and that aught to raise the level of compensation providing the undisclosed is really conditional and further considering that this IS a leap year when the Moon is in the Seventh House.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm on the WTF side as I really thought he played very well. If we really are this deep, to trade this guy, holy smokes, we loaded up big time with talent. :cool:

Anonymous

If you think about this one, it's a no-brainer.

Which means paradoxically you're thinking about a no-brainer but let's overlook that.

They were going to cut a corner in the end, getting down to the 53.

They weren't going to cut Jenkins, Johnson, or Finnegan.

So they have 3 corners in addition to that, all of whom have showed some good stuff. Staff likes em. That's Fletcher, Gordy, Murphy. One of those gets cut.

Better, then, to get something for one. You're going to cut one anyway...why not get a pick instead.

2 are coming off injuries, though. And so they aren't that tradeable.

Gordy is tradeable, hence he is the one who gets traded.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Young Ram said:
X said:
Awwww. I liked me some Gordy. Are the Colts hurting for corners or something?
And what the hell with the *undisclosed* stuff. Just freakin' say it. Everyone's gonna know eventually.

The colts were starting Justin King remember?
:lol:

Ah yes... perspective. Gordy is a definite upgrade for them.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Young Ram said:
X said:
Awwww. I liked me some Gordy. Are the Colts hurting for corners or something?
And what the hell with the *undisclosed* stuff. Just freakin' say it. Everyone's gonna know eventually.

The colts were starting Justin King remember?
:lol:

Ah yes... perspective. Gordy is a definite upgrade for them.
And since the draft choice is 2014 it probably escalattes depending upon his starting status /playing time add in that the Colts have first shot at waiver wire players they must have wanted him pretty badly and or we convinced them he wasn't one we were going to cut.

SNEAD SCORES AGAIN :hehe: