Josh Gordy traded

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Huh. I liked Gordy... Good luck to him, but I wonder what the pick was?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
One Less CB in the Competition for PT

Its good news, not bad tho.

JT:
Rams have traded cornerback Josh Gordy to the Indianapolis Colts for an undisclosed draft pick.

Gordy had been in the mix for playing time in what had been a very competitive group of a half-dozen cornerbacks in St. Louis.

As recently as Saturday, Gordy had gotten a few snaps with the Rams starting defense as a third corner in the nickel package.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@jthom1: Gordy had been in the mix for playing time in what had been a very competitive group of a half-dozen cornerbacks in St. Louis.

@jthom1: As recently as Saturday, Gordy had gotten a few snaps with the Rams starting defense as a third corner in the nickel package.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Awwww. I liked me some Gordy. Are the Colts hurting for corners or something?
And what the hell with the *undisclosed* stuff. Just freakin' say it. Everyone's gonna know eventually.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Beat me to it Dash. Im sure X or someone will delete or merge the repeat post.

This is good news IMO. We were going to end up cutting or underutilizing at least one in our stable of CBs. At least we get something in return.

My guess is its a late round pick. 6th or 7th rounder. Would be ecstatic with a 5th

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Memento said:

Well, I guess we had to know that sooner or later one of our CBs would get traded. Its kind of amazing to look at all the injuries we suffered at that position last season, that allows us to get Gordy from the Packers practice squad, play him a lot, and now he gets traded for a draft pick.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, hate to see Gordy go but this is definitely a good thing. Like already stated, a good CB was going to get cut otherwise. As to the draft pick, it may be one of those contingent on making the Colts 53 kind of trades. Maybe a 5th or 6th rounder if he lands on roster, maybe a 7th if he lands on their practice squad or something like that.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
X said:
And what the hell with the *undisclosed* stuff. Just freakin' say it. Everyone's gonna know eventually.

The colts were starting Justin King remember?
:lol:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Young Ram said:
X said:

The colts were starting Justin King remember?
:lol:
:lmao: Oh yeah!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
JdashSTL said:
Memento said:

Well, I guess we had to know that sooner or later one of our CBs would get traded. Its kind of amazing to look at all the injuries we suffered at that position last season, that allows us to get Gordy from the Packers practice squad, play him a lot, and now he gets traded for a draft pick.

I don't know. I feel that we could've kept six; after all, someone like Murphy could've split time at safety.

I'd have to see the draft pick to fully judge this trade, though.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Memento said:
JdashSTL said:
Memento said:

I don't know. I feel that we could've kept six; after all, someone like Murphy could've split time at safety.

I'd have to see the draft pick to fully judge this trade, though.

Burney may be flashing a bit in camp too. Would make the decision a bit easier

paceram

Pro Bowler
Any chance it could be a conditional (if he makes the team and if he does how well he plays) pick?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
More JT:
According to the Colts, the draft pick compensation for Gordy will come in the 2014 draft, not 2013.
notsure.jpg

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks said:
More JT:
According to the Colts, the draft pick compensation for Gordy will come in the 2014 draft, not 2013.

Hmm. Im pretty sure they dont have a 7th round pick in the 2013 draft.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Sad to see Gordy go. But that means the team has insane depth at CB(when healthy).

It's good to get something in return.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
libertadrocks said:
Beat me to it Dash. Im sure X or someone will delete or merge the repeat post.

This is good news IMO. We were going to end up cutting or underutilizing at least one in our stable of CBs. At least we get something in return.

My guess is its a late round pick. 6th or 7th rounder. Would be ecstatic with a 5th

Good point.