Josh Gordon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Word is that the Browns are ready part ways with him. Would you want the Rams to pick him up? Personally, I would. Him, Britt, Quick, Bailey, and Austin could be the best receiving corps in the NFL with a decent QB throwing to them. Fisher seems to be able to handle these types of guys, and the brotherhood in the locker room can only help.

iced

Price dependent but yes.. i wouldnt trade more than 3rd for him though

but abso-friggen-lutely. big upgrade

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know. He's not just trouble off the field. Got suspended for most of the season and finally got in then was criticized for not knowing the playbook(was running the wrong routes), being out of shape, and giving crappy effort. Then he gets suspended after having numerous issues with being late or missing meetings/practices.

I have a hard time taking a risk on a guy that gives that sort of shitty effort on the field.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
If we didn't have to give up much and he signed an incentive laden deal Im for it. He has to prove himself to the league that he can be trusted for the long haul, which he has not done as of yet. Britt worked out for us, why not Gordon?

Speeps

Starter
No. Fisher is good at handling guys with the potential to do better. Gordon has not such potential.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Yes, maybe if he gets let go he will wake up and whatever team takes a chance on him scores big.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'd definitely entertain the idea. You'd have to be careful what you give up to get him if it's via trade...and if he is released you'd have to be careful what kind of deal you gave him.

I think the Rams are in a place that they need to cover their bases in FA in case they can't get what they need in the draft...but they need to do is very smartly. This is the type of player that you might be able to get with little risk.

fancents86

Starter
I don't know. He's not just trouble off the field. Got suspended for most of the season and finally got in then was criticized for not knowing the playbook(was running the wrong routes), being out of shape, and giving crappy effort. Then he gets suspended after having numerous issues with being late or missing meetings/practices.

I have a hard time taking a risk on a guy that gives that sort of crappy effort on the field.
Give the guy some slack, he did play for the Browns. Lol

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
No! Locker room cancer. Suspended first 10 games, comes back out of shape, doesn't care enough about team to be at the Saturday walk-thru and gets himself suspended. Browns 6-4 before Gordon, 2-4 after. He has all the talent in the world, but players like him will rip a locker room apart.

iced

well, here's hoping we can just sign him...

not worried about his off the field if Fisher wouldn't be - I have faith in him when it comes to these "Trouble makers"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...en-told-browns-will-cut-guys-who-dont-buy-in/

Donte Whitner: I’ve been told Browns will cut guys who don’t buy in
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 29, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
gordon2.jpg
Getty Images

Browns safety Donte Whitner was signed this year in part to be a veteran leader. But many of the young players on the Browns’ roster don’t seem to want a veteran leader to push them. Now Whitner says he has an assurance from the team’s decision makers that those young players are on the way out.

“I’ve been assured that we’re going to bring guys in and get guys off this bus that don’t really want to be here and do what they are supposed to do,” said Whitner, via Cleveland.com.

The problem facing the Browns is that the players who aren’t doing what they’re supposed to do are some of the team’s most talented young players: Both of the Browns’ 2014 first-round draft picks, Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel, were disciplined last week for showing up late to work, and the Browns’ best offensive playmaker, Josh Gordon, was suspended for skipping the final walk-through practice of the season. It’s hard to get rid of your best receiver and your two first-round picks.

But maybe that’s what the Browns need to do. Whitner says the Browns can’t succeed without players who care enough to put in the necessary work.

“Any team in the National Football League where you have a good locker room, you have guys who understand what they’re supposed to do,” said Whitner. “They understand when they are supposed to be there and when they’re not supposed to be there. When you have those distractions, it kind of equals losses. Like I said, we need to get some guys off the train and get some guys on the train who want to win.”

It’s a bad sign for the Browns that the guys the team most needs to build around are exactly the guys Whitner is talking about, the guys who don’t seem to understand what they’re supposed to do.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thanks, but, no thanks. We need O-line help 1st and foremost! Quick, Britt, Bailey, and Austin will do just fine, With Cook, and Kendricks, once we fix the Line AND BRADFORD IS BACK!!:D ( With a good back-up QB!)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
No. Not because he's not an EXCEPTIONAL talent. HE IS. I think he could be an asset and someone Fisher could turn around.

But... this is a Schotty offense. We don't have enough footballs for Quick, Britt, Austin, Bailey, and Cook. Our issue isn't that we don't have WR/TE talent. We have plenty of that now.... the only reason I'd go after him is if Quick couldn't come back. Otherwise, no. Or if Schotty left...

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
No. It would cost too much, the Rams have the receivers they need now, and they have a critical problem at the OL that needs all the resources they can muster to fix it.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
No! Locker room cancer. Suspended first 10 games, comes back out of shape, doesn't care enough about team to be at the Saturday walk-thru and gets himself suspended. Browns 6-4 before Gordon, 2-4 after. He has all the talent in the world, but players like him will rip a locker room apart.
I don't really see how that makes him a cancer. I don't see anything that shows his antics have created problems amongst other players.

I can see saying he's unreliable/immature and that is definitely something that is a red flag...but I don't really see this as a "cancer" type of issue.