Josh Gordon reinstated, will serve 4 game suspension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Tempting....

But let the kids play!!
I know we have to have a true gamer amongst the rookie WR's and our rookie TE's and it'll be so much more rewarding rooting for our homegrown guys than cheering for a guy like Gordon

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
At the reciever position it wouldn't hurt to take a look #givegoffachance

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
He'd be worth taking a chance on but youre assuming the browns wont keep him, which IMO wont be the case.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I wonder what kind of football shape he is in now.

He was a serious badass before all this. It would be hard to resist adding that talent to any offense... but like I said, I wonder if he's still the same player.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Do y'all really think he'll only serve 4 games? This dude has proven over and over he can't lay off the ganja. He'll end up failing a test this season.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
As long as it seems like we are betting on some long-shots anyway at the position, like Brian Quick, I'd much rather make it a long-shot that has a pretty decent NFL resume...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • By Marc Sessler
  • Around the NFL Writer

Josh Gordon is back.

The NFL announced Monday that the Cleveland Browns wide receiver has been reinstated on a conditional basis. Gordon will have to serve a four-game suspension before he can play again for theBrowns, but he will be allowed to participate in training camp.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport first reported Gordon's conditional reinstatement.

The 25-year-old pass-catcher met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell last Wednesday after failing yet another drug test in March. He was slated to apply for reinstatement on Aug. 1, but Goodell chose to speed up the process. Gordon was initially suspended in February 2015 for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

"As we discussed at our (July 19) meeting, as Commissioner, I want nothing more than to see you turn your circumstances around and succeed," Goodell stated in a letter to Gordon released by the NFL. "Countless others including your agent, teammates and coaches, Mr. Haslam and the leadership of the organization, the Program professionals and Jim Brown also have pledged to provide you with every resource at their disposal. But as you acknowledged, ultimately, your future is your responsibility. I have every belief that you can make the right choices, but it will be up to you to do so."

"With the league's decision to afford Josh the opportunity to resume his career, he will be with us for the start of training camp," Browns exec Sashi Brown said in a statement. "At that time, we will discuss directly with Josh the direction of our team, our expectations of our players and a plan to support him on and off the field."

The oft-banned Gordon hasn't played in a game since December 2014. Now slated to return in Week 5 against the Patriots -- in the same game that will see Tom Brady take the field following his four-game suspension -- Gordon looms as the presumptive starter across from rookie wideout Corey Coleman.

Assuming Coleman blooms and Gordon returns to form, this wideout group has promise for the first time in years. New coach Hue Jackson also has a special pass-catcher in young running back Duke Johnson, but nobody on the roster can match Gordon's unique physical gifts. It feels like a century ago, but he's just three years removed from leading the NFL in receiving yards despite playing just 14 games in 2013.

Browns fans might finally have some fun watching this team on offense if -- and it remains a big "if" -- Gordon can stay out of trouble and contribute to a passing game desperately in need of playmakers.
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap3000000676578/Josh-Gordon-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000676568/article/josh-gordon-reinstated-will-be-suspended-four-games

A55VA6

Legend
If he stays away from the marijuana, he can be a top 5 WR in the NFL. I'd love to have him here..

lockdnram21

Legend
He's getting another chance in cleveland. Their not stupid. Their best receiver left. Maybe him and Rg3 can get their careers on track together

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's getting another chance in cleveland. Their not stupid. Their best receiver left. Maybe him and Rg3 can get their careers on track together
or they'll completely implode because misery does love company. hopefully not.

A55VA6

Legend
Honestly, how cool would that be if they both played out of their minds? Cavs win a championship and the Browns are relevant. Would be kind of cool.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think getting rid of Manziel makes it easier to keep Gordon around. Cant have too many head cases on the same team. Given a choice of who you'd rather keep around, Gordon or Manziel? Not even close...

Psycho_X

Legend
Good for him working back to this point. I'd guess he's had to pass several tests just to be considered for reinstatement so he's gotten this far. But I still wouldn't trust trading or signing him at all. Cleveland basically just hopes they can get something out of nothing at this point and reevaluate if he can stay clean for the rest of his current contract.

Interesting game with Gordon and Brady both coming back the same time after their suspensions.

…..

Legend
I think getting rid of Manziel makes it easier to keep Gordon around. Cant have too many head cases on the same team. Given a choice of who you'd rather keep around, Gordon or Manziel? Not even close...

They're probably celebrating together now...

Unsupervised fame and fortune is just not an ideal situation for some people.