Josh Gordon letter/Suspended without pay for at least one year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Their contracts have stuff like this in them as well. Similar to talking to the media and stuff like that, its all in there.

We never had senior guys pop hot or get a DUI in our unit, just young guys. If it was a first offense they typically got an Article 15 with 45/45, if it was their second, depending on how soon our next deployment was. In the Ranger Battalions you can be kicked out of the Battalion for essentially anything (even failing to get a hair cut) and sent to the regular Army. Given the work it takes just to get into the Battalion the threat alone kept most guys in line, but there was always some. Typically new guys who couldn't adapt, but every so often a more experienced guy would go too.

interesting.. i don't know if i was lucky or what but i saw all sorts of interesting stuff while i was in..

when i first got to batallion, they busted a chief for selling coke to his junior troops and used them to move it... there was 3 or 4 meth labs found in the barracks in the 5 years i was there (2 were in my batallion)....there was a girl and a couple of people she conspired with to commit murder by making a bomb and blow up her husband whom was also in the seabees...fortunately she wasn't successful, they found the bomb under his car and everyone was arrested..they had openly discussed it in the smoke pits and she was asking random people for help..

crazy stuff lol... not the brightest people either lol

bluecoconuts

Legend
interesting.. i don't know if i was lucky or what but i saw all sorts of interesting stuff while i was in..

when i first got to batallion, they busted a chief for selling coke to his junior troops and used them to move it... there was 3 or 4 meth labs found in the barracks in the 5 years i was there (2 were in my batallion)....there was a girl and a couple of people she conspired with to commit murder by making a bomb and blow up her husband whom was also in the seabees...fortunately she wasn't successful, they found the bomb under his car and everyone was arrested..they had openly discussed it in the smoke pits and she was asking random people for help..

crazy stuff lol... not the brightest people either lol

Goddamn that's nuts. We were an all male unit that deployed often and trained often. Generally speaking when guys messed up we would either correct them if it was a tactical error, or "correct them" (take them behind the woodline) if it was a shitbag error. If that didn't help we would boot em. I guess being in a SOCOM unit we get less of the shitbags though, generally speaking more people are motivated. Except for the 2nd Bat guys, they were across the states (Washington) from the rest of us (Georgia) and would get in trouble more. A few guys went and robbed a bank using flashbangs they stole from the arms room.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Which is why it was stipulated as "season". Not regular season. The NFL season is over when the off-season begins. This restriction didn't come from the Browns, it came from the NFL. It's irrelevant when the Browns season ended.

Off-Season, Pre-Season, Regular Season, Post Season
If he was under probation to avoid drinking until after "the"season........there is an argument for appeal.

If the language in his probation clearly identified a date, he's hosed.

iced

Goddamn that's nuts. We were an all male unit that deployed often and trained often. Generally speaking when guys messed up we would either correct them if it was a tactical error, or "correct them" (take them behind the woodline) if it was a shitbag error. If that didn't help we would boot em. I guess being in a SOCOM unit we get less of the shitbags though, generally speaking more people are motivated. Except for the 2nd Bat guys, they were across the states (Washington) from the rest of us (Georgia) and would get in trouble more. A few guys went and robbed a bank using flashbangs they stole from the arms room.

lol robbed a bank? holy crap lol

The one thing that still baffles me to this day (and the Master at Arms) was how the 2 Meth Labs the barracks was never discovered during room inspection...apparently the whole lab and chemicals have some kind of pungent odor - and apparently its pretty distinguishable (I wouldn't know but I guess the MAA had experience by then lol).

How the got caught was hilarious - we're talking low ranking guys since they're in the barracks (anywhere from E1 to E3)...they were busted when they rolled up to morning quarters, all driving brand new fully loaded Cadillac Escalades...

Lol you don't show up to quarters driving a car that even your Skipper couldn't afford...2nd person in our batallion that did that (the other guy at least was clean and saved up his money for his Dodge Viper - but you don't park that nice of a car next to CO's and expect not to hear about it lol)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"When I look back at myself in my early 20s - I was legally an adult but I was a full blown idiot still in most respects. Thank goodness my life wasn't under the microscope.

I'd say thank goodness you turned it around. ;)

Maybe a microscope could have helped?

I'm all for giving people a second chance... maybe even a third.

But a ninth? Afraid he'd have to earn it now.

Letters are fine... words are fine... but actions? They always speak louder.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Rams until he proved for some reasonable period of time that he had changed his life.

At this stage, we're talking 3 years or so.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Off-Season, Pre-Season, Regular Season, Post Season
If he was under probation to avoid drinking until after "the"season........there is an argument for appeal.

If the language in his probation clearly identified a date, he's hosed.

An argument he will lose. :LOL:

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
An argument he will lose. :LOL:
You admit there is an argument. Nice. Had me worried.

Do you really believe no specification of "who's" season is necessary in probation terms?...

Ski season. Moose season. Winter season. The Brown's season the NFL's post season.....

I'm sure his documents for probation were not vague. Josh Gordon's memory on the terms....more likely to be vague.

But...if the terms were vague......and you think being vague is irrelevant....I couldn't disagree more. your continued stance comes across as arrogant and callous.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hate how we hear players talking about how bad they have it in the NFL. Mostly because they have to follow rules or their bodies cannot take it.

Every year there are thousands of college players that would give up a nut to take these guys places. I know it is hard and all bu being able to play a professional sport is a privilege. Guys like Josh Gordon just think they should be able to do whatever they want.

If he isn't ppreciative of the fact that he can earn millions, if he follows some rules then he doesn't deserve to play a sport for a career. These guys have had their asses kissed their whole lives because of their athletic prowess and it has tainted their perception of reality. The reality is that they are not bigger than the league, their team, or their team owner that is making the money possible.

As a business owner I would just can his ass.......and I have been known to give people lots of second chances.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Something about those Rangers boys ( a curious infacuation with pyrotechnics) they are definitely wired a little different, my best friends were "weed" wash outs from the 2/75th

bluecoconuts

Legend
Something about those Rangers boys ( a curious infacuation with pyrotechnics) they are definitely wired a little different, my best friends were "weed" wash outs from the 2/75th

Yeah, we also used to enjoy cutting off power to post when we would practice airfield seizures, it would piss everyone off. Our Commodes always looked to keep us training because when we got bored we would look for trouble. Whenever we did training with officers I would make shape charges with IV bags full of piss and put the officer as the point man. He'd blow the door and get covered in piss.:ROFLMAO:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You admit there is an argument. Nice. Had me worried.

Do you really believe no specification of "who's" season is necessary in probation terms?...

Ski season. Moose season. Winter season. The Brown's season the NFL's post season.....

I'm sure his documents for probation were not vague. Josh Gordon's memory on the terms....more likely to be vague.

But...if the terms were vague......and you think being vague is irrelevant....I couldn't disagree more. your continued stance comes across as arrogant and callous.

There's an argument for anything. Doesn't mean it's an argument you can win.

I believe no specification of the NFL season is necessary. If he had been confused, he could have easily checked. He did not. He admits as much.

I guess I am "callous" because I feel no sympathy for an 8 time loser.

VilleDeal

UDFA
let em get off easy early on... then you reap what the have sowed. check the history.