Josh Gordon and Mark Ingram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I the only one that hopes the Rams look into these guys and do their due diligence? I'd talk to the old coaching staff(Shurmur and co.) to see about Gordon's character before making any move. But if these two are available for reasonable deals(Gordon...a 2nd or 3rd?) and Ingram(late round pick), I'd go after both.

IMO, both have the potential to make our team better. There's risk but Gordon has shown #1 WR potential and the ability to separate deep. Him and Givens would give us two major deep threats outside. Ingram offers pass protection skills, a bigger HB and pass catching skills. I think he's been majorly misused in NO but even if he is who he is in NO...he's still a solid enough HB that he'd make a difference here and be worth a late round pick.

Both guys are said to be available.

Psycho_X

Legend
Gordon certainly has talent. But I also think we have plenty of it at WR already if we can get a coach to use them properly.

Ingram I do not think is a very good RB. He doesn't hit the hole like he should for his size and isn't all that elusive.

So overall not really. Gordon maybe but I wouldn't give much for him since we need those picks to solidify other areas in need this offseason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Psycho_X said:
Gordon certainly has talent. But I also think we have plenty of it at WR already if we can get a coach to use them properly.

Ingram I do not think is a very good RB. He doesn't hit the hole like he should for his size and isn't all that elusive.

So overall not really. Gordon maybe but I wouldn't give much for him since we need those picks to solidify other areas in need this offseason.

We have "potential" at WR but aside from Tavon and Givens, the "talent" is entirely questionable. I'm a patient fellow but Quick hasn't shown enough to be counted on and Pettis is what he is imo.

Gordon is 22 years old and might have been the best rookie WR in the NFL last year. He had a pretty good start to this year with Hoyer as his QB too.

nighttrain

Legend
jrry32 said:
Psycho_X said:

We have "potential" at WR but aside from Tavon and Givens, the "talent" is entirely questionable. I'm a patient fellow but Quick hasn't shown enough to be counted on and Pettis is what he is imo.

Gordon is 22 years old and might have been the best rookie WR in the NFL last year. He had a pretty good start to this year with Hoyer as his QB too.
Dont forget Cook, more WR than TE, i'd like to see more of these three and Kendricks
train

Psycho_X

Legend
jrry32 said:
Psycho_X said:

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Gordon. Just what do we give up for him after spending so much already on the WR talent we have pick wise? Not sure it makes sense at this point to drop an early draft pick on another WR. With as little we are using the likes of Austin and Givens now to their strengths I'm not sure Gordon would be used any differently. Right now I don't think any of our WRs are being used properly on a week to week basis. If we can't make adjustments to get them involved not sure Gordon would be any different.

ausmurp

Starter
Agree with Jrry here. Our WRs are way to inconsistent, and are STILL dropping perfect passes in situations that can be blamed for our inability to continue offensive drives. Givens, Quick, and Tavon all had some 3rd down drops in Dallas that if caught, would've continued our drives and probably let to more points. We really need some consistancy there. Even Cook dropped one I think...

iced

no to ingram

gordon yes, but for the right price.. already been suspended once this season, any more offenses will result in longer suspensions , and the character was a big knock coming out.. but we have a penchant for handling trouble makers

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'd give a 7th for Mark Ingram. He's better than what the Rams have...or @ least how Schotty is using what the Rams have. You can run up the middle w/ Mark Ingram. But he's not going anywhere: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000249514/article/sean-payton-mark-ingram-trade-rumors-completely-false?campaign=Twitter_atl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... witter_atl</a>

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I would like to point out that I said the Rams should have given up a 2nd in the supplemental draft for him...and got crapped on by people for it.

I think he hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. He can become top 5 in the league.

That said, I would love to have him here. Quick hasn't shown to be any futher along this year than last year. Thats not a good sign.

I wonder if Jacksonville is looking for some relief for the headache of Blackmon. I would trade for him too.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Anybody even consider why Gordon might be on the outs in Cleveland so early? And why he was even in the supplemental draft in the first place? From what I've read and heard he's an infraction away from a year long suspension.

Ingram? I'd pass on him too. What the Rams need to do is bring in a FB like John "The Terminator" Conner and let the young back run behind him.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Memphis Ram said:
Anybody even consider why Gordon might be on the outs in Cleveland so early? And why he was even in the supplemental draft in the first place? From what I've read and heard he's an infraction away from a year long suspension.

Ingram? I'd pass on him too. What the Rams need to do is bring in a FB like John "The Terminator" Conner and let the young back run behind him.
Agreed conner works hard and could be an asset to the team

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I'm with you on this one memohis. I'll pass on both these guys.

I still like the RBS and WRs we already have.