Josh Freeman pouts and misses team photo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If this is Josh Freeman's way of "showing dissatisfaction with the Bucs" it looks worse on him. Really Josh? You expect your next team to fork over significant $ for this type of grade-school behavior? SMH... :nono:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/400452?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... ref=fromSI</a>

08:09 AM ET 09.15 | As widely reported, Josh Freeman missed the Bucs team photo a week ago, and Greg Schiano claimed there have been other incidents of tardiness by the quarterback. The two have attempted to publicly patch things up and "play nice," but the future certainly looks murky, to say the least. Freeman is in the final year of his original rookie contract and Tampa Bay management currently doesn't seem motivated to extend him beyond it. Good-guy general manager Mark Dominik said last month that there won't be an extension during the year, and that the two sides will address the issue next offseason.

Way back in 1991, then-rookie quarterback Brett Favre overslept on the morning the Atlanta Falcons were taking their team picture. When a groggy Favre arrived late to the shoot, coach Jerry Glanville would not allow him into the picture. Figuratively he kept Favre out of the picture for the remainder of the season as well, burying him on the depth chart and playing him only in embarrassing mop-up roles, and then unceremoniously dealing him to Green Bay in the subsequent offseason.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sports Talk radio here has been having a field day with this all week. Excellent listening. :lmao:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Selassie I said:
Mons Venus is the best thing located there.

I agree...though i've never been their...heard from a friend it's nice....yes...from a friend....

fearsomefour

Legend
Its amazing how these guys behave sometimes....dont they realize they have money on the table??
My son is in his first year of college baseball. A guy got cut last week because he changed into shorts to run after practice....coach told them twice to run in their baseball unis. Its amazing to me this kind of behavior from guys who are supposed to be pros.
I really wanted the Rams to get Freeman when he came out. Glad they did not now of course. I still think he has tons of potential however.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Maybe he is available to be Sam Bradfords backup.

Say what you want...he's a huge upgrade on Clemens!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Maybe he is available to be Sam Bradfords backup.

Say what you want...he's a huge upgrade on Clemens!
Nope ,nope nope Sauget doesn't need another QB

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I'd love to have Josh as our backup but not at the salary we'd have to pay him. Too many other teams would be in on the bidding.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I haven't followed TB or JF very closely but there's obviously a rift between him and the new regime. Sure, it's easy to point the finger at Freeman and say that he should rise above it all and be "professional" but if you're in the dog house like he appears to be, I'm not sure there's anything he can do.

Look at Alex Smith last year. The writing was on the wall. He was not the coach's guy and he wasn't going to remain the starter. He knew it, Harbaugh knew it and everyone else who follows football knew it. Smith was a true professional in terms of conduct and he was also leading the league in passer rating and the team was 6-2 with him at QB.

So, while not showing up for a team photo is a bit childish it's also pretty harmless.

iced

CGI_Ram said:
If this is Josh Freeman's way of "showing dissatisfaction with the Bucs" it looks worse on him. Really Josh? You expect your next team to fork over significant $ for this type of grade-school behavior? SMH... :nono:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/400452?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... ref=fromSI</a>

08:09 AM ET 09.15 | As widely reported, Josh Freeman missed the Bucs team photo a week ago, and Greg Schiano claimed there have been other incidents of tardiness by the quarterback. The two have attempted to publicly patch things up and "play nice," but the future certainly looks murky, to say the least. Freeman is in the final year of his original rookie contract and Tampa Bay management currently doesn't seem motivated to extend him beyond it. Good-guy general manager Mark Dominik said last month that there won't be an extension during the year, and that the two sides will address the issue next offseason.

Way back in 1991, then-rookie quarterback Brett Favre overslept on the morning the Atlanta Falcons were taking their team picture. When a groggy Favre arrived late to the shoot, coach Jerry Glanville would not allow him into the picture. Figuratively he kept Favre out of the picture for the remainder of the season as well, burying him on the depth chart and playing him only in embarrassing mop-up roles, and then unceremoniously dealing him to Green Bay in the subsequent offseason.

been hearing this too living in the tampa area... although i could have sworn i watched josh say to the media he missed for family stuff, and he wasn't "late" or anything.

To be honest, I doubt josh would even want to return. I think Schiano has the lost the team... Even though I know Shaun King has had a personal vendetta with the bucs ever since they let him go,, i still found it very credible/believable when he said after speaking to a few buc's players during the off season, he asked what was up with the going 100% during the kneel downs, and the players just shook their heads and said "mannn..."

^ that says a lot... don't forget about all the micromanaging and all the staff issues they head going on last off season

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Josh Freeman has Oakland Raider all over him.

Their ownership is the type that won't be patient enough for Terrell Pryor.

Also maybe Jacksonville.

iced

Angry Ram said:

Also maybe Jacksonville.

Arizona...

stash him on the bench for a year or 2, then when you're done with palmer, you got a young, mobile'ish qb with a big arm. Arians can handle that

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'd heard his FA demands include a tour of all the strip clubs in the are before the workout.

OCRich

UDFA
Schiano to USC next year.

Freeman...probably Jacksonville as someone else said.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
iced said:
Angry Ram said:

Also maybe Jacksonville.

Arizona...

stash him on the bench for a year or 2, then when you're done with palmer, you got a young, mobile'ish qb with a big arm. Arians can handle that

I would actually LOVE that.