Josh Allen Signs 6yr Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Best young QB in the league not named Mahomey.

I don't think anyone else is really a close 3rd either. If he continues to develop...look out.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
The man got paid. The question I have is where do these GM's draw the line? When will we see a team say enough is enough and trade a guy? It's never happened to my knowledge. Teams just keep ponying up the dough.

Lamar has won the MVP honor but his highlights are mainly him using his legs. Baker asking for Josh Allen money seems unreasonable. It's tough. Where's it going?

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
This guy was so inaccurate in College and in the "No-defense" Mountain West Conference to boot, I would be worried that he might regress back to his inaccurate self.

IIRC his passing completion percentage was around 56%.
In the Mountain Worst Conference that is abysmal to say the least.
NTM with his running around style it's just a matter of time until he gets injured.
Don't know about this deal for the Austin ....er...... Buffalo Bills.

~ArkyRamsFan~

oldnotdead

Legend
The guy is a Bills for life. Every couple of years they will be hitting him up to restructure. That's about $43M / year so right now it's about 23% of the current cap. One quarter of your cap for one player is a big hit. But obviously it probably doesn't kick in until next year when the cap is expected to rise to about $200M or more. It's definitely going to limit the team around him. Teams love to cut it on the OL so they freaking better draft well. They need him to stay healthy for at least 5 years.

I'd be worried because he's really only had one good year.

I think these contracts should be all production-based with yearly incentives. The guy tanks his contract drops to a base level. The only guaranteed should be that when his incentives are met then the money is guaranteed. It's the only way to contain the cost. The incentive could be escalator structured, the better you are the more you make.

But that isn't the American way. Rip it off while you can and laugh to the bank. But I'm not crying for the poor unfortunate billionaire owners. Also, the Bills are demanding a new stadium 100% publicly funded. What a crock.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He could become the highest paid player in Texas in a few years (if rumors Bills might move to TX ring true).

dang

Legend
So a move like this forces ownership to look at options for the franchise to maximize their net profit including moving to a more lucrative location. Buffalo Bills fans are among the most passionate and genuine fans in all of professional sports. What a shame to think this contract would significantly impact ownerships desire to stay in cold small market Buffalo.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
If Stafford delivers in 2021, he's going to get a bank smashing extension that compromises the Rams roster building strategy in the coming years.

Then again, a lot NFL pundits already think the Rams (top heavy) roster building strategy is irresponsible.

I guess I'm in the category of being a irresponsible, naïve fan for agreeing with how the Rams brass operates.

tenor.gif

Tano

Legend
The man got paid. The question I have is where do these GM's draw the line? When will we see a team say enough is enough and trade a guy? It's never happened to my knowledge. Teams just keep ponying up the dough.

Lamar has won the MVP honor but his highlights are mainly him using his legs. Baker asking for Josh Allen money seems unreasonable. It's tough. Where's it going?
I have always been of the opinion when is enough money enough.

I can easily live on some of the medium football salaries with ease for the rest of my life.

But then again - I have never been greedy when it comes to money.

I just want a comfortable life that I can do whatever things I want to do and still have enough for medical needs (my wife having MS has taught me just how expensive medical expenses are).

A few million dollars would accomplish that.

…..

Legend
He’s an interesting talent, Im watching with alot of interest. But yeah- QB salaries are out of control and to me a winning formula is that rare blip in time when your QB outplays his number which allows you to throw tour money resources at other positions. But if you tie up all your cap space in a few guys (which the Rams are in the midst of) then you really gotta get lucky with some of your rookie contracts.

dang

Legend
If Stafford delivers in 2021, he's going to get a bank smashing extension that compromises the Rams roster building strategy in the coming years.

Then again, a lot NFL pundits already think the Rams (top heavy) roster building strategy is irresponsible.

I guess I'm in the category of being a irresponsible, naïve fan for agreeing with how the Rams brass operates.

tenor.gif
Or Stafford retires after winning 2 SBs. Or Stafford agrees to a reasonable 3 year extension to stay with the Rams because he likes playing in LA for a great coaching staff and on a great roster. Or earth gets hit by a meteor in 2 years and none of this matters.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Or Stafford retires after winning 2 SBs. Or Stafford agrees to a reasonable 3 year extension to stay with the Rams because he likes playing in LA for a great coaching staff and on a great roster. Or earth gets hit by a meteor in 2 years and none of this matters.

Hey, if that damned meteor won't show up for a national election, what makes ya think it'd show up out of the blue?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stafford said he doesn't need to be restructured too which is badass. $20M this year and $23M next year. :thumbsup1:

Win a Super Bowl in one of these two shots we have at it and then see if the guy is open to something rational. That would be really cool and it might happen that way given that he's probably more driven by winning rings right now than MVPs and big paychecks.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stafford said he doesn't need to be restructured too which is badass. $20M this year and $23M next year. :thumbsup1:

Win a Super Bowl in one of these two shots we have at it and then see if the guy is open to something rational. That would be really cool and it might happen that way given that he's probably more driven by winning rings right now than MVPs and big paychecks.

well, he did get a $50m signing bonus when he inked the deal. he'll be ok.