Joseph vs Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I would just imagine that if experience is GRob's biggest concern, they would have him in there learning. It's very difficult to gain much from practice and video tape. You gotta put the guy in the real situation. Must be something besides just lack of experience?

Nope - it's just lack of experience. Nfl defensive coordinators try to fool offenses - if a guy doesn't know his assignment, and how that assignment changed based on defensive formations, then often times the Defense gets a free shot on the QB or RB.

We want him to develop but more than that, we want to win. We are putting the 5 out there that give us the best chance to win. Someday soon, he will top that list, but right now, he isn't ready mentally.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Nope - it's just lack of experience. Nfl defensive coordinators try to fool offenses - if a guy doesn't know his assignment, and how that assignment changed based on defensive formations, then often times the Defense gets a free shot on the QB or RB.

We want him to develop but more than that, we want to win. We are putting the 5 out there that give us the best chance to win. Someday soon, he will top that list, but right now, he isn't ready mentally.

Just looking at it from this standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to go ahead and put him in now in order to have him well prepared for different defensive looks later in the season? Davin Joseph, IMHO, hasn't done much to justify that he would be any more effective than Robinson whether he has the experience or not. Plus, it's the perfect time for pass protection development given that we have a 3rd string QB to protect at the moment. It's not like we are trusting him with the life of our franchise QB.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Just looking at it from this standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to go ahead and put him in now in order to have him well prepared for different defensive looks later in the season? Davin Joseph, IMHO, hasn't done much to justify that he would be any more effective than Robinson whether he has the experience or not. Plus, it's the perfect time for pass protection development given that we have a 3rd string QB to protect at the moment. It's not like we are trusting him with the life of our franchise QB.

I think an argument could be made both ways. Would G Rob develop faster if he was playing? You would think so - but getting the QB killed wouldn't do much for his confidence and may stunt his growth.

Bottom line is the Rams aren't ready to toss this season aside and focus on player development. They want to win - now.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think DJ looked vastly improved from the first game, and in fact, the whole OL did. Wells, continues to be the one that I question as being one of the top 5, as he continues to make mistakes, when mistakes hurt you the most. I'll add a couple more points, we were whiskers from breaking a few long one's, and our RB's missed the hole a few times, when our OL had a big hole sealed.

Last thing, as it relates, I saw some good blocking from Harkey, and our WR's downfield.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Here is a play in the third quarter and Joseph gives up inside leverage on the rush resulting in Davis taking a pretty good hit yet completes a pass. Not good pass pro on his part. However, I will say Wells had his share of "Look Out" blocks in the third quarter... two to be exact.

image.jpg

EDIT: Later in the game Joseph gets called for a holding call that was absolutely ridiculous. I've seen better holds in the two-for-one dollar sales at Kmart!

Last edited: