Joseph vs Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
At this point after 2 consecutive bad weeks, idk if Joseph's "experience" is worth keeping on the field over Robinson.

Joseph:
Experience
Lack of physical skills

Robinson:
Physical skills
Lack of experience

Imo GRob's physical gifts far outweigh Joseph's "experience" because he keeps getting beat like a drum. With GRob at least he can improve from week to week, Joseph has been on a decline since 2012. I'd like to see Greg on the field week 3 even though it won't happen.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If he isn't ready then he isn't ready.

Don't you think the Rams want him out there? Don't you think they are dying to get him on the field and start crushing defenses?

He isn't ready. He is being developed by professionals - when he is ready, he will be out there.

Oh, and by the way - Brian Quick.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I know where you're coming from. I get frustrated watching him get beat up too. He looks much smaller then the other lineman we have. He gets pushed way too easily. They should gradually let Robinson get a few snaps here or there. Did he get any this week?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I get it on why Davin Joseph is getting a chance to start in this Ram OL myself. DJ still has a chance to get it together yet. This may be DJ's last chance to be a NFL starter in the NFL after his last two seasons. DJ wants it bad....I believe that Boudreau will give him every chance as possible to get it together. In truth it would be a very big positive situation if DJ can improve & remain the starter for the entire 2014 season. Robinson is just nowhere close to being ready to start yet GR needs more time to stew as a reserve.

What we did see yesterday was some good pass blocking when it counted and that's a positive I can talk about but the run blocking is just plain weak. If DJ has not improved by the bye then maybe it will be time to look at Robinson @ OLG & Saffold if he remains Uninjured back @ ORG.

I want DJ to make it fully back to pre injury 2012 playing form real bad!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know where you're coming from. I get frustrated watching him get beat up too. He looks much smaller then the other lineman we have. He gets pushed way too easily. They should gradually let Robinson get a few snaps here or there. Did he get any this week?

He got 5 snaps - all on special teams.

The Rams used the 6OL Jumbo package at one point in the game but it was Barnes who came in as the 6th lineman.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
In a 6 OL formation, that 6th guy is basically playing tight end. Would be sort of a 3rd position to learn (albeit in a smaller package of plays).

If he is overloaded, then they are doing the right thing by sitting him.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
All I know is that the line has not been great. This season so far is upside down. I expected the lines to do well and the wrs and secondary to be not good. Instead it's the opposite.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
at least Joseph was brought in as a backup/starter or whatever in the first place. Scott Wells is a freakin joke and there's no backup. We have a real problem there. Already said before that im not watching our first divisional game unless im heavily 'medicated' before kickoff. its going to be ugly...

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
They should give the ball to GRob on the goal line.

william-refrigerator-perry-gif-o.gif

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Joseph really did have a bad game. He may have had a handful of decent run blocks, but his pass blocking was abysmal.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Hard to tell if Wells looked bad because of Joseph or if Joseph looked bad because of Wells but that was pretty clearly the gap.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
My prediction is GRob will be starting after the Bye week barring any unforeseen injury to our current starters.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I would just imagine that if experience is GRob's biggest concern, they would have him in there learning. It's very difficult to gain much from practice and video tape. You gotta put the guy in the real situation. Must be something besides just lack of experience?