Jon Gruden on Carson Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Pretty sure Gruden liked Case Keenum a lot.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Is this guy credible? Good news for us if he's right

It is the season where we really shouldn't believe anything we hear - but Goff seems to have taken a hit in the eyes of the draft media in the last week or so and Lynch is all of a sudden on the rise after the Cowboys meeting. Definitely the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

As for Scott - the best way to see for yourself is to check out his site - draftcountdown.com

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is the season where we really shouldn't believe anything we hear - but Goff seems to have taken a hit in the eyes of the draft media in the last week or so and Lynch is all of a sudden on the rise after the Cowboys meeting. Definitely the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

As for Scott - the best way to see for yourself is to check out his site - draftcountdown.com

I don't think Lynch ever really fell tbh. Some scouts can knock him and call him a round 2 talent all they want but 6'7" dudes who can run and throw, who come from good families, and who stick with a losing program helping it become something special are hard to find. I've felt all along he's a top 10 prospect and still do, he's raw but so was Bortles.

As to Wentz, the reason Cleveland signed RG3 might speak to them knowing something we don't, namely that they figure some team will move up to 1 and take him. I still think they take Wentz at 2 overall, so if the Rams want him 1 overall is the price plain and simple.

And Goff hasn't fallen either IMO. He's still there as a top ten QB prospect. But he doesn't have the size and physical advantages those other two do. Wentz and Lynch are monsters. Wentz is a monster who's ready to play so he's gonna go first two picks we can bank that.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I just don't see us in play for Goff or Wentz.
Lynch on the other hand. I believe he is a guy they may make a run at, if they believe he won't fall to us.
I think the cost is too high to move up to the top of the draft.
I would think a big, physical, mobile qb, ala McNair, would have Fishers complete attention.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well I know what I'll be obsessed with for the next few weeks. Thanks

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This kid is a more athletic Roethlisberger without the rapiness... I really hope we're laying in the weeds to trade up to #1 for this kid...

LMAO!!!!! So good!!!!

My favorite qb prospect to come out since luck, this kid will excel.

PLEASE get this done Rams!!
My thought from day 1 too!!!!

I heard Maycock on NFLN talking with Wentz this morning. Maycock purposefully attributed a certain play that happened in a different game, and Wentz eyed looked him in the eye and corrected Maycock about which game/team/playcall he made and why......I don't even care if we give the RG3 ransom for him, What good is next years first rounder if its another #15-20 pick in regard to the most important player on the field for 10 plus years (hopefully)? Lets just do this thing, Snead!

This just makes too much sense, w/ regards to the most important NFL position folks! Snead make it so!!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After his pro day, and all the praises he's getting from around the League, I'm won-over! I say We should go all-out to get this guy!(y)(y) JMHO

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I like Wentz but I'm not ready to mortgage our future on him. Give me one of the other QBs at 15 and I'm keeping all those picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember back to the days where we were talking about drafting Wentz in the 2nd. Miss those days. I disagree with Gruden that Wentz is the most NFL ready guy. His biggest flaws are in his lower body mechanics. They've looked much improved during the off-season but we'll have to see how they look when NFL bodies are flying at him. I'm very high on Wentz but I think Goff is a tad more NFL ready.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm sure he didn't like him as much as Wentz....It's like the difference between Kate Jackson and Farrah Fawcett.
Just to make sure I have this right...
kate-jackson.jpg

Farrah.jpg

Charlize Mannion.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Icwutudidthar with the Wentz photo... :thinking:

But sure looks like Mannion should be getting more attention!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Seems Gruden is easily wooed by a QB with a good personality. Or maybe he just can't bring himself to see any negative in anyone.

He sure didn't like Bradford a few years ago on that Monday Night game against the Giants.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He sure didn't like Bradford a few years ago on that Monday Night game against the Giants.

I was referring to the Gruden QB camp stuff. He never rips on the young guys coming out. He always tries to find something good to say and if they are good to talk to he really likes them.