Jon Gruden gets a new partner for MNF/Ray Lewis and Cris Carter out at ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good voice, but he sure has a face for radio. That is one ugly freaking ginger.

Bad picture, put some make-up on him add a tan and he looks just fine. Great broadcaster and another Syracuse alum.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
While McDonough isn't bad he's still a downgrade from a living legend IMO. I like him though and think he'll be fine calling the games. The other two I'm surprised it took so long to get rid of them. From what I hear on the radio ESPN is bleeding money from some bad TV deals especially the NBA so getting rid of some higher priced on air "talent" was likely to happen.

Yup they signed some really bad broadcast rights deals and will be in cost cutting mode for a little while. They will lose a lot of the top rated talent, we've already seen several guys leave or not be renewed, and will keep guys with smaller contracts or get guys who are local and elevate them for a little bit of money.

They got WAY to big for their britches as the saying goes.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://thebiglead.com/2016/03/08/ma...spn-mike-ditka-removed-from-sunday-countdown/

By: Jason McIntyre

Matt Hasselbeck, the quarterback who spent the last three seasons with the Indianapolis Colts, is expected to join ESPN this week, where he’ll replace Mike Ditka on the network’s marquee football show, Sunday Countdown, three sources told The Big Lead.

An ESPN spokesman declined comment. [UPDATE: ESPN has confirmed Hasselbeck has joined the network. And it announced Ditka is staying at ESPN in a new role.] Ditka is not leaving ESPN – he’s just departing Countdown. Sources say he’ll have an unspecified emeritus-type NFL role at the network.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/03/espn-nfl/

"I’m thrilled I’ll get to watch NFL games on Sundays and Monday nights in the comfort of my own home." (What does this even mean?) :thinking:

Hasselbeck, 40, started eight games for the Colts last season afterAndrew Luck suffered a season-ending injury. Hasselbeck is an unrestricted free agent and privately has expressed a desire to play one more season. But he was deep in negotiations with ESPN Tuesday night to be the network’s 2nd big addition this offseason. It’s possible Hasselbeck’s announcement could come as early as tomorrow.

As we reported in February, Charles Woodson has joined ESPN.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I hate that Ditka is going to have less of a role. That guy was solid gold entertainment in my book.