Johnny Manziel.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I swear, every single time I hear something about this kid off-the-field, it's bad news. If the OTL report on him is true, then he's either beyond stupid or he's more arrogant than Richard Sherman.

Basically, his parents have made it big with oil money...and he's signing over 1,600 items of memorabilia for cash because someone who's obviously shady told him it would be a good idea - and he did that in front of witnesses, no less. And he knew that what he was doing was illegal.

How stupid and/or arrogant can a person possibly be?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I have a different opinion on Johnny Football. First, I don't give a rat's ass that he comes from a rich family. Good for him that he got to grow up in that environment; I don't see why he has to answer or be held accountable for that.

Second, the NCAA especially in football is so full of shit and corruption it has basically deterred me from college sports. It once was about school pride and unity but now it's all about the $$$. The NCAA is basically a big ass bully with these kids. No, I don't think the answer is to pay college athletes, but I don't agree with how the NCAA and college basically "own" their names and athlete. Why is it such a big deal if these kids makes some extra dough? It's not like getting a job is a legit option like other students.

Back to Johnny Football...his biggest problem is immaturity. As an athlete you are blessed with skills others can only dream of and then you put that into jeopardy by getting wasted and going to frat parties and then being kicked out on top of that. I'm willing to bet he got a pretty good scholarship playing football @ A&M. Luckilly, he still has time to mature b/c in NFL that ain't gonna fly.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The point I'm trying to make with the oil money thing is that he isn't in need of cash - and even if he was, it's not like his parents wouldn't give him any. So why did he feel the need to sign autographs for cash when he knew that it was illegal for him to do so and when the guy who came to him with the offer was obviously shady? And to do it in front of multiple witnesses is incredibly brazen and stupid.

I can understand why someone who's lacking money would be desperate enough do this, but Manziel clearly isn't lacking money. He is, however, lacking in maturity and common sense, like you said.

The NCAA is corrupt for certain. I agree with that. I'm just tired of the excuses for his childish behavior, and if he gets hammered with a permanent ban, I won't feel the least bit sorry for him.

Just my honest opinion.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Most of the big time stars in college athletics are not dumb kids making foolish mistakes like this. They are looking to squeeze out what they can. Manziel is no different.

Take a look at what happened at Ohio State. These are kids who think they are above it all and nobody will take them to task for what the do.

Ad 90 percent of the time they are right. Even the turd coaches don't get in trouble. So why would a dumb fuck 20 year old think he would when someone is shoving a stack of bills under his nose.

Stupid is as stupid does.

How rare is it that a coach gets let go or a player loses eligibility.......well name the last time it happened and that it mattered.

Exactly.....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Memento said:
The point I'm trying to make with the oil money thing is that he isn't in need of cash - and even if he was, it's not like his parents wouldn't give him any. So why did he feel the need to sign autographs for cash when he knew that it was illegal for him to do so and when the guy who came to him with the offer was obviously shady? And to do it in front of multiple witnesses is incredibly brazen and stupid.

I can understand why someone who's lacking money would be desperate enough do this, but Manziel clearly isn't lacking money. He is, however, lacking in maturity and common sense, like you said.

The NCAA is corrupt for certain. I agree with that. I'm just tired of the excuses for his childish behavior, and if he gets hammered with a permanent ban, I won't feel the least bit sorry for him.

Just my honest opinion.

I don't think having a rich background should deter him from trying to make more money but he should know the idiotic rule.

He's a child b/c he is. Anyway my thoughts on his antics are this: He's more of a troll; not a criminal. Now just get rid of the trollness and he'll be fine.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The NCAA just quit selling team gear realizing THEY looked like hypocrites, which that was only the tip of the floating turd

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thordaddy said:
The NCAA just quit selling team gear realizing THEY looked like hypocrites, which that was only the tip of the floating turd

But they aren't actually breaking rules and that's the thing here.

Johnny Football tried to get a little stuff on the side and he knows he isn't supposed to do that. And he was dumb enough to do it in front of several people a couple of times, one with a camera in his face and while the camera is running he tells the guy not to tell anyone about the whole thing or he won't do business with him again.

Stupid, arrogant, moronic......those things just touch the surface. Everything he has done this off season points to massive entitlement and immaturity. If I was a team looking for a QB I'd be leery of this kid.....what happens when he has a few million in his hands?

He's tossed up enough red flags wouldn't you say?