Johnny Manziel wants an NFL comeback

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I watched that and it makes me think the Browns GM is even dumber than I thought.

Who would draft that guy in ANY round let alone trade up to get him?

There is no NFL level talent there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ny-manziel-thought-he-had-too-many-red-flags/

Report: CFL team worked out Johnny Manziel, thought he had too many red flags
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 30, 2017

502626428-e1504108860721.jpg

Getty Images

If Johnny Manziel wants to kick start his pro football career, he may need to do it in Canada. But even in the Canadian Football League, he might not be able to find a team willing to take on his baggage.

Manziel worked out last week for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, TSN reports. But the Ticats came away thinking Manziel isn’t ready for a return to pro football.

Too many red flags,” a source said.

The Ticats were interested enough in Manziel that new coach June Jones joined several high-level team executives in traveling to Buffalo to meet with him. But at the end of the meeting they agreed that they weren’t going to take a chance on Manziel. They reportedly didn’t think he was in good enough shape physically and didn’t think he was ready to be the face of their franchise off the field.

Jones has been trying to shake things up in Hamilton since becoming the head coach in the middle of this season. But he saw an attempt to hire disgraced ex-Baylor coach Art Briles blow up in his face, and it’s not going to work out with Manziel either.

A 2014 first-round pick of the Browns, Manziel started eight games in two seasons before Cleveland cut him after the 2015 season. He hasn’t played anywhere since.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Too many red flags for a cfl team? Ouch guess it's time to work for daddy's company.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I watched that and it makes me think the Browns GM is even dumber than I thought.

Who would draft that guy in ANY round let alone trade up to get him?

There is no NFL level talent there.

Give Fisher & The Rams a chance ??

Not to dis on Les Snead , but there love of the SEC players. The rumors still came after the draft & a year or so later before he beat his girl.

Still wish The Rams traded back with Buffalo. The scary part is where they had Johnny Football on there draft board.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
He wants and NFL comeback and I want Robot eyes.

giphy.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Now the cfl club are backtracking saying the might sign him lol

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The Jets might as well kick the tires.

Bryce Petty
Josh McCown
Christian Hackenberg

Ouch!

Have to put air in the tries before you can kick them...Any of those 3 will get a coach on the hot seat fired...

bnw

Pro Bowler
Give Fisher & The Rams a chance ??

Not to dis on Les Snead , but there love of the SEC players. The rumors still came after the draft & a year or so later before he beat his girl.

SEC > any other conference

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Tebow, Krappernick, Manziel, and T.O. are being avoided by teams because of the circus of reporters that come along for the ride. They don't want all the negative and other stupid stories taking away from the team accomplishments.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
He looks like the guy from Mad Magazine
Back in the 1980s in Junior High I won first in state in a Forensics Poetry reciting competition. I stole the piece from Mad Magazine.

The meeting at the White House
Wasn't going well that day;
The budget plan was lost,
Thus causing ulcers and dismay;
And when Jones failed at the keyboard
And Kowalski proved a dud,
One could sense some great disaster,
Like an avalanche or flood.

"Don't panic," said the President,
"Don't blab it to the press;
"It's true without the budget plan
"The country's in a mess;
"Two other 'aces' failed so far
"To find just where it is,
"And so I've summoned Casey -
"With computers he's a whiz."

A gasp was heard as Casey
Made his entrance on the scene;
'Twas clear that he was just a lad
No older than sixteen;
And yet despite his lack of years,
One fact outshone the rest -
As a trouble-shooting "hacker"
His credentials were the best.

He boasted a degree from Yale,
Plus two from M.I.T.;
His work with "backup," "RAM" and "track"
was marvelous to see;
The range of his computer skills
Was hailed both near and far
From Commodore to IBM
From Wang to NCR.

There was ease in Casey's manner
As he entered his commands;
One could sense some mighty power
Was contained within his hands.
With lightning speed his fingers moved
To press each crucial key;
"The budget plan exists," he said.
"it cannot hide from me."

With great persistence Casey toiled,
And yet, upon the screen,
No buried data came to light
From in the great machine,
Except for birthday greetings
To a Congressman in Maine,
Two vetos and a slogan
From the '84 campaign.

The strain now shows in Casey's eyes;
He's aged a dozen years;
But then, at last, to joyful shouts,
The budget plan appears!
And now he lifts his head in pride,
A smile upon his face;
And now the mood is shattered
As his elbow hits "ERASE."

Oh, somewhere there are nations
Where the keenest minds prevail,
Where budgets can be balanced
And the experts never fail;
And somewhere data's safely stored,
Preserved beyond a doubt,
But no plan can save the White House -
Klutz Casey wiped it out.
30 + years later, I still remember every word of it. Thank you Mad Magazine.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Too many red flags,” a source said.

I wonder if he showed up hungover like he was in CLE.

Too many red flags for a cfl team? Ouch guess it's time to work for daddy's company.

His father may be too smart to hire him LOL

OK so this is from the article

Hamilton is 0-8 this CFL season and has a crisis at quarterback. Zach Collaros, the CFL's highest-paid player, is the league's lowest rated passer and was recently benched.

The dude is SO bad an 0-8 CFL team with the worst QB in the league won't even give him a shot. LOL. It's over.

All the "he's a winner, he just wins" hype was just that, hype. But still so many of his fans think he can play when ALL of the evidence proves he cannot.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
He reminds me of the 9th grade kid who you spent a lot of time trying to motivate to do well since he had so much potential. (I'm a teacher)

Then you see him working at the quick lube after he drops out 4 years later. It's always sad.

He's been a fool, but he's got a lot of life left to live with what he threw away.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He reminds me of the 9th grade kid who you spent a lot of time trying to motivate to do well since he had so much potential. (I'm a teacher)

Then you see him working at the quick lube after he drops out 4 years later. It's always sad.

He's been a fool, but he's got a lot of life left to live with what he threw away.

Well there is a difference. Johnny Tricycle has been spoiled and entitled all of his life, literally his entire life.

He's also been dishonest and "above the law", remember the signinggate thing? He didn't even actually need the money his parents are millionaires. But the dicknose (thanks to the poster who dropped that word I've been waiting to use it!) felt like he was entitled to it even though he was breaking the rules and knew he was breaking the rules. He is so dumb he even took pics of it.........

The 9th grade kid may have had struggles and issues. Johnny Tricycle suffered from affluenza.

Both of them may bounce back, but the 9th grade kid at the quick lube probably has a much better chance of being or becoming a good human being.