Johnny Manziel wants an NFL comeback

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
popcorn-landing.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/15/johnny-manziel-hoping-working-for-nfl-comeback/

Johnny Manziel hoping, working for NFL comeback
Posted by Charean Williams on July 15, 2017

1500153699-NS_02SuperBowl-Manziel04SP.jpg

Smiley N. Pool/Staff Photographer

The odds of Johnny Manziel getting a second chance in the NFL remain long. Yet, despite having not played since 2015, the former Heisman Trophy winner apparently is drawing more interest than Colin Kaepernick.

Manziel said Saturday he has had a couple of conversations with NFL teams about a comeback. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported in March that Manziel had breakfast with Saints coach Asshole Face at the Super Bowl to discuss a return.

View: https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/886327497809432576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsportsday.dallasnews.com%2Fcollege-sports%2Fcollegesports%2F2017%2F07%2F15%2Fjohnny-manziel-still-wants-nfl-comeback-talked-teams-returning-league

The former first-round pick played two seasons for the Browns, going 2-6 while completing 57 percent of his passes for 1,675 yards with seven touchdowns and seven interceptions. He received a four-game suspension for violation of the substance-abuse policy last summer but sat out last season as a free agent after his release from the Browns.

Manziel, though, has stayed out the news, while working out, in hopes of convincing an NFL team he’s worthy of a second chance.

View: https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/886331422214107137?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsportsday.dallasnews.com%2Fcollege-sports%2Fcollegesports%2F2017%2F07%2F15%2Fjohnny-manziel-still-wants-nfl-comeback-talked-teams-returning-league

55a939f6d301485dd75e3d30ecff7345e8edfced0aa7fa58a721a741e0eab376.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
LOL

Who is really, actually, seriously thinking he is going to make a come-back.

He was the biggest joke on the game in years.

Maybe among the biggest first round busts ever.

All that time spent on an "brand and a logo"

Dude is a turd, plain and simple.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
LOL

Don't hold back.

Tell us how you really feel.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I never saw this guy before the draft but the first time i saw his head i thought that's the most punchable head I've ever seen. After that i found out what a clown he was and the head matched his personality perfectly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
To borrow a line from a movie I recently watched:

YOU STINK ON ICE!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
eh, some folks take longer to grow up than others
train

That's irrelevant when he has used up all of his chances. Who is going to trust him now? If you were an NFL GM or coach would you be comfortable knowing that he is currently your best option and you are relying on him to start every game?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wasn't shanahan there in Cleveland when this clown was drafted? Then got first hand experience of his antics.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't shanahan there in Cleveland when this clown was drafted? Then got first hand experience of his antics.

Yes. Shanahan refused to play him until the owner made him. Manziel responded by looking completely inept.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL

The only guy that's comparable in terms of marketing himself before playing an NFL snap and then BUSTing out, was the "Boz" Brian Bosworth....lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Jets might as well kick the tires.

Bryce Petty
Josh McCown
Christian Hackenberg

Ouch!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If this guy gets a shot any where in the league, and Kaepernick doesn't, it would be utterly disgusting, disgraceful and beyond hypocritical

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I never saw this guy before the draft but the first time i saw his head i thought that's the most punchable head I've ever seen. After that i found out what a clown he was and the head matched his personality perfectly.

He looks like the guy from Mad Magazine

Yes. Shanahan refused to play him until the owner made him. Manziel responded by looking completely inept.

Correct he did not want him out there and all the reports from camp and practices were so negative about Manziel you couldn't blame him. Dumbass selection.

But "he's a winner". LOL

If this guy gets a shot any where in the league, and Kaepernick doesn't, it would be utterly disgusting, disgraceful and beyond hypocritical

Keapernick isn't very good, in fact he's below average. And he comes with a ton of baggage with the protesting thing and he's a douche-nozzle.

But yeah he is a better QB than Johnny Tricycle for sure.

Ram65

Legend
If he works hard he could a nice backup QB. He is a jerk but, that doesn't mean he can't get another chance. He will be 25 years old in December. If he stays clean and works he could get a shot to getting on a roster for early next year. He would have to prove he is in game ready shape.