Johnny Manziel enters treatment center

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Hope he gets the help he needs. The guy is a talent, and deserves a chance to succeed.

Substance abuse is nothing to joke about, although I'm sure many will attempt to. Substance abuse and behavior such as his is often the result of more debilitating ailments, namely depression. Depression is a conversation that this country still has yet to take seriously, just look at the way many handled Brandon Marshall and his illness.

Help exists. It is encouraging to see a guy like Johnny Football accepting the help he needs.

Definitely the most substantial contribution he's made to society. People will see that no one is infallible - or beyond getting help.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We will still need you.

We might still feed you.

Funny you mention that because that song popped in my head when I woke up this morning. I was laying there trying to remember all the words and finally had to look them up. My favorite part - "If I'd been out 'til quarter to three, would you lock the door? Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?"

If JM is smart and lays off the nose candy and the booze, he might make it that far and have a good career to look back on.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Funny you mention that because that song popped in my head when I woke up this morning. I was laying there trying to remember all the words and finally had to look them up. My favorite part - "If I'd been out 'til quarter to three, would you lock the door? Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?"

If JM is smart and lays off the nose candy and the booze, he might make it that far and have a good career to look back on.

Prime ole buddy my prayer is that 64 is better to you than it has been to me, I'd love to blow sunshine up yer tookus and tell ya 64 is the new 63 but on the whole I'd rather be in Philadelphia.

BTW re: those lyrics when yer 64 "the old lady" doesn't care how late you stay out.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...remains-in-a-rehab-facility-past-his-28-days/

Johnny Manziel remains in a rehab facility past his 28 days
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 10, 2015

manziel10.jpg
AP

For many celebrities who go into rehab, their 28 days are a limit.

But for Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel, it’s just a beginning, which is either a good or a bad sign.

According to Mark Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Browns coach Mike Pettine said Manziel remains in a facility for alcohol and substance abuse.

Since he entered on Jan. 28, that puts Manziel around the five-week mark.

There was no set end date,” Pettine said. “It’s more important — the personal stuff now — football is an afterthought so we’re just giving him his privacy and [letting him] do what he has to do.”

While a longer stay could also be the sign of a more serious problem walking in the door, Pettine said after visiting Manziel he was confident the time was being well spent.

“Sure,” Pettine said. “It’s something that he was very resolute that needed to get done and again, I’ll respect his privacy and leave it at that.”

As for the football — which is a minor concern at this point — Pettine said new staff additions should help Manziel once he’s back with the team, and reiterated it was too soon to give up on Manziel and cornerback Justin Gilbert, last year’s first-rounders.

“The one thing that we do know is that they both love football,” Pettine said. “It’s obvious from Johnny’s background that he went through a period of time where it was clear he loved what football did for him. But we went through the evaluation process. This is a competitive guy, very passionate about the game. That shows when he’s out there on the field. Obviously, those guys had years they probably want to do over, but at the same time, we still think the arrow is up on both of them.”

Based on the way last year went, that’s the only direction an arrow could be going at the moment.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Leave when you won't have to turn around and come right back.

I hope this kid gets well and lights it up. I have never been a Johnny Football guy but always like to see people overcome obstacles - even if it is obstacles they put in their own way.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/11/manziels-time-in-rehab-ends/

Manziel’s time in rehab ends
Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2015

manziel.jpg
AP

Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel entered rehab in late January. Per multiple reports, Manziel’s time in rehab has now ended.

The move comes with more than a week until the Browns open their offseason program, which allows players to spend up to four hours per day in the facility, working out and attending classroom instructions.

With the Browns reportedly interested in trading up for quarterback Marcus Mariota, it’s entirely possible that the Browns have moved on from Manziel. But as long as he’s on the roster, he has a chance to redeem himself. And with his salary for 2015 fully guaranteed and presumably no one inclined to trade for him, Manziel will get that chance.

From a football perspective, the key for Manziel will be to commit himself fully and completely to football. From a personal perspective, the bigger challenge will be to stay on the path that he started via more than two months in rehab.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
No more Johnny Rehab. No more Johnny 'Simmons'. Back to Johnny Football. For him I hope it worked.

Who gave him that handle anyways? Johnny Football?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
64 tomorrow Ram brother. What a long strange trip it's been. From Germany to San Diego, to LA, to San Jose, and now to Maryland, the Rams have always been my one and only team no matter where they play. You don't get to pick who you fall in love with, at least not in my case. Here's hoping for many more seasons and a few more Super Bowls in the near future.
We will still need you.

We might still feed you.

I thought I might be the oldest guy here, obviously that's not the case...Probably in the upper crust of the pack...I don't call it the golden years but rather the copper years..For the youngsters here, abusing your body and mind is NOT a good thing...Take heed ...Be smart...(Jumps off soapbox)...