Johnny Hekker named NFC special teams player of the month

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hekker is the man!

jap

Legend
Fisher puts a higher priority on ST than any coach I've followed.

I think Bones is good, but Fisher stacks the roster to help him be successful. Marquez has been amazing. In short order he's proven to be a really smart and talented player on that unit.

Oh... And... Hekker; he might clunk one every once in a while, but he puts other punters to shame. It jumps out on game day... We always have the better punter.

Dick Vermeil was also considered a special teams guru. Under him the Rams had Tony Horne returning licks and the Wizard of Az toting punts. The steady Mike Horan handled punting while the clutch Jeff Wilkins was our kicker. I must also add Jeff Wilkins is far and away the best kicker I have ever seen for squib kicking in my entire life! Versatile TE Jeff Robinson handled long snaps.

Can this be a good omen? Vermeil, the former special teams guru, coached the Rams to Super Bowl glory in 1999. Can the Fisher King repeat Dickie V's feat soon?

jap

Legend
Johnny Hekker: ". . . and I still have the best passer rating rating on this club too!!!!"